In Love With My Best Friend - Rosekook (Part II)

One-Shot of Taerosekook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that incident, Jimin had a talk with Chaeyoung and he apologized for what he did. Jimin had a talk with Jungkook too along with Chaeyoung, he asked help from Chaeyoung and Jungkook to get Seulgi. Chaeyoung decided to help him because he was her best friend, she would do anything to make him happy even though she will end up hurt. Jungkook did not want to help Jimin at first but after Chaeyoung had a talk with him, he said okay. Jungkook helped Jimin all because of Chaeyoung.

It was also 2 months after Seulgi decided to date Jimin while Chaeyoung and Jungkook had become closer.

One incident made that Chaeyoung and Jungkook closer.

 

F L A S H B A C K

 

“Jimin-ah, you promised you will help me in getting that competition, right?” Chaeyoung asked when they met at the lockers.

“Sure. I already promised, right?” Jimin chuckled.

Chaeyoung smiled. “Thank you, Jimin.”

Chaeyoung wanted to join a competition held by the music club, a singing competition. But the rules were kind of weird since the president of the club decided to make it different that other singing competition where the contestant need to bring a partner that able to play any musical instrument. Chaeyoung decided to ask help from Jimin since Junhoe, her classmate could not make it on that day because he had his basketball competition.

 

~~

 

Chaeyoung waited anxiously outside of the hall where the competition being held.

“Where is he?” Chaeyoung asked herself as she looked around if he’s anywhere to be seen.

“Chaeyoung-ah, are you okay? Your turn is coming.” Yuju asked worriedly.

“Just give me a couple more minutes, please.” Chaeyoung said pleadingly.

“Sure. I’ll talk to Youngbae sunbaenim and Mrs Wu.” Yuju patted her shoulder.

“Thanks Yuju-ah.” Chaeyoung smiled.

“Fighting Chaeyoung-ah.” Yuju tried to cheer her up before she walked back to the hall.

Chaeyoung waited for almost two hours and it was finally her turn after the second last contestant. Chaeyoung decided to enter the hall.

Mrs Wu turned to look at her after the second contestant finished singing.

“Are your partner here yet, Chaeyoung?” Mrs Wu asked worriedly.

Chaeyoung weakly shook her head.

Mrs Wu sighed. “You know the rules. You can’t participate if you don’t have any partner.”

“B-but Mrs Wu I w-“

“I’m afraid to tell you that you’re disqualified, Chaeyoung.” Mrs Wu said apologetically.

Chaeyoung felt tears in her eyes as she hang her head low. She practiced for few weeks for this competition and yet she got disqualified in the first round.

“Park Chaeyoung’s partner is here.” Youngbae announced with a wide smile on his face.

Chaeyoung lifted her head and wiped her tears.

“You are late, Mr?” Mrs Wu asked.

“Jungkook. I’m sorry, I just finished with my taekwondo practice.” Jungkook said while panting. He was out of breath since he ran all the way from the taekwondo to the music hall.

“Here. Have a few minutes first then you can start.” Youngbae handed his a bottle of water and smiled.

Jungkook bowed as he took the water and turned to look at Chaeyoung while smiling.

“You can start whenever you are ready.” Mrs Wu said while smiling as Chaeyoung stood beside Jungkook on the floor.

Chaeyoung held the mic in front of her and turned to look at Jungkook who was ready to play the piano. Jungkook nodded at her and Chaeyoung started to sing beautifully.

 

~~

“Jungkook-ah!” Chaeyoung shouted his name while running to him as soon as he got out of his class.

Jungkook who was shocked when he saw Chaeyoung was running towards him automatically opened his arms to greet her.

Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around his shoulders while jumping excitedly. “I got it! I got it!”

Jungkook furrowed his brows and pulled away from her slightly.

“I got it!” Chaeyoung said while grinning.

Jungkook cocked an eyebrow.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. “I got into the singing competition!”

After processing her words Jungkook picked her up in his arms and laughed together with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter