Chapter 8

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry it took longer than i thought to write this chapter. Well, i actually have a job interview this week but due to some circumstances, it got postpone to next week. So, my original plan was to finish and upload this chapter after my IV but since it postponed, i tried to finish it within this week but the next chapter gonna be delayed a bit.. i need to focus for my IV as this might be my last chance for this position and my parents are hoping and praying that i would secure this job. Guessed i need to do my best to avoid letting them down. (¤﹏¤)

This chapter might be boring a chapter..I don't know what happened tho..I actually drafted different story line but when i started writing it, a different scenario suddenly jumped in and i just went with the flow.. (ミ ̄ー ̄ミ)

Well, until then..ENJOY! Please pray that i would do well in my IV.. (◡‿◡✿)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♫♪ SECHSKIES – Vertigo ♫♪ (Jiwon’ caller ringtone)

“Hello.”

“Hello. Good morning. Is this Eun Jiwon-ssi?”

“Yes. May I know who’s on the line?” Jiwon asked. This sweet mellow voice. “Is it him?”

“Erm…I’m Kang Sunghoon from Forsythia.”

“Yes, Sunghoon-ssi. It’s been a while. I was wondering when I will receive a call from you.” Jiwon delighted.

“My apology for the late response.” Sunghoon said. “It is regarding the proposal.”

“Okay. How did it go?”

“We accepted your proposal, including the additional condition that you set. But…” Sunghoon yet to finish his sentence when Jiwon cut him off.

“GREAT! When can we start working on it?”

“Wait Jiwon-ssi. I’m not finish. I do have one condition before we proceed with this.”

“Oh? Aah…Yes, Suwon did mention this to me. So, what is your condition?”

“We want you to sign a match making contract with us.”

“Come again? What contract?”

“A match making contract. I was told by your assistant that you’re still single and available. So, it shouldn’t be an issue if you agree to sign this contract with us.” Sunghoon said.

“Suwon, you bastard. I’m gonna fix that screw of yours later.” Jiwon thought to himself.

“Do you want me to explain via phone or should we arrange a meeting for this? It might take time to explain all.”

“Let’s meet up. Face to face meeting is better than phone.” Jiwon said.

“When would it be convenient for you to meet?”

“Anytime you want. I’ll make time for you.”

“Would it be possible for you to come to my office next Tuesday, around 11am?” Sunghoon asked.

“Sure, I’ll be there.”

“Great. I’ll see you next week.” Sunghoon said before ended their call.

“Suwon-ah.” Jiwon immediately called Suwon after his call with Sunghoon ended.

“Oh. Hyung. Why?”

“Next Tuesday. Do I have anything on my schedule?”

“Wait. Let me check.” Suwon said. “No, hyung. You do not have anything scheduled on that day. It’s your free day next week. Anything hyung?”

“I’m going to meet him.” Jiwon happily said.

“Him? Suwon asked. “Oh, you mean pretty boy. Should I congratulate you?” Suwon laughed.

“Yah! Stop calling him pretty boy. Call him by his name.”

“Are you jealous, hyung?” Suwon smirked.

“Why should I be jealous?” Jiwon denied.

“Coz you sounded like one.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Why should I stop calling him that?”

“Because he has a name.”

“Pretty boy is a nickname and it suits him.”

“I don’t like it and besides, he is not a boy. He is a man.”

“Just admit it hyung. You’re jealous.”

“Shut up. Speaking of it, when exactly are you planning to inform me about the match making contract?”

“He told you?”

“No. I just knew. Of course he told me.”

“Did he mention anything else?”

“Should he mentioned anything else?”

“I’m just asking.”

“What exactly did you tell him?”

“I told you, we talked about you.”

‘And?”

“That’s all.” Suwon simpered.

“What do you mean That’s all? You barely tell me anything apart from that.”

“What time is the meeting next week?” Suwon diverted.

“11am, at Forsythia. You know you will not get away from this, Suwon-ah.” Jiwon grumbled, causing Suwon to laugh before they ended their call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUESDAY

They reached at Forsythia 30 minutes earlier than the meeting. Jiwon is seating at the lobby whilst waiting for Suwon to park the car, when someone greeted him.

“Good morning, Jiwon-ssi.”

Jiwon immediately smiled when he heard the voice. The voice that had been echoed in his mind ever since they first met.

“Good morning, Sunghoon-ssi.”

“Are you alone?”

“Suwon will be here shortly. He went to park the car.”

“How have you been?”

“I’m wonderful especially today.” Jiwon flashed a smile that melted Sunghoon’s heart. “You?”

“Huh? OH. I’m good.” Sunghoon stuttered. “Yah, Kang Sunghoon. What the hell are you doing freeze up in front him?” Sunghoon cursed himself.

Jiwon smiled looking at Sunghoon’s reaction. He finds it cute that Sunghoon seemed nervous standing next to him. He was about to when Suwon into.

“Good morning, Sunghoon-ssi.”

“Good morning, Suwon-ssi. Shall we go upstairs for the meeting?”

“Sure.” Suwon answered and realized that Jiwon is glaring at him.

“What?” Suwon whispered, confused.

“You really know the best time to barge in.” Jiwon muttered.

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Suwon sneered.

They reached to 2nd floor and Sunghoon ushered them to the meeting room, accompanied by his secretary. After requested his secretary to prepare refreshment for them, he joined them in the meeting room.

“This is the contract that I talked about last week.” Sunghoon started. “Basically the contract terms validity is 2 years. Meaning, within 2 years we will do our utmost to find you the partner that you are looking for. All the potential partners that suited your preferences are listed in the proposal. We also have another data base if the proposed partner are not compatible.”

“My preferences?” Jiwon questioned. “How did you?” He stopped before he could finished his sentence and turned to Suwon.

“This was it all about, right?” He knew it once he saw Suwon smug.

“Is there anything wrong?” Sunghoon asked.

“No. You may proceed.” Jiwon said.

“I need you to review the content of contract before we come to an agreement. Anything that you want to revise or change, please let me know. If you want to add more specific criteria also possible.”

“So, basically I need to attend the arranged meeting set up by you...erm...At least twice a month?”

“Yes, we will set you up with potential partner twice a month. Is it too little? Do you want me to schedule more?”

“Twice are more than enough. I don’t think I can spend more time for...” Jiwon stopped. “If we arrange more than twice, do that I mean I get to see you more often?”

“I’m sorry?” Sunghoon frowned. “You will see me from time to time regarding the novel too, right?” He asked, confused.

“Well, that’s that. This is this.” Jiwon mischievously smiled.

“Technically, yes. Before the date, I will meet you to brief about your potential partner so that you may have some information about her. We do not want the date to be awkward.”

Jiwon nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter