Chapter 7

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since Sunghoon talked to Suwon about Jiwon’s preferences. And it has been a week that he is feeling miserable while trying to figure out why did Jiwon’s preferences affected him so much. The proposal for Jiwon and list of candidates suited his preferences already completed and just waiting to be presented to him. Nonetheless, Sunghoon yet to contact Jiwon to inform about this. He kept on delaying it eventhough he knew sooner or later he has to do it.

“Huff.” Sunghoon let out a sigh.

“Why are you sighing? Something bothering you?” Suddenly a voice asked that make Sunghoon jumped.

“Jaeduck hyung! You scared the life out of me.” Sunghoon said, rubbed his chest to calm down.

“What’s the matter, Hoon-ah?” Jaeduck asked again and sat opposite Sunghoon.

“Erm..Nothing hyung. Just my personal issues. Anything you need me for hyung?” Sunghoon asked back, diverting Jaeduck’s attention.

“Yes, I need your justification regarding this.” Jaeduck said and passed him a file.

“Michelle Lee?” Sunghoon read. “What about her, hyung?”

“She called this morning, saying that all candidates that we proposed to her are useless. None of them fit her preferences.”

“Huh? How could that be? We always ensure that the candidates proposed are compatible before we choose them. What else that she mentioned?” Sunghoon asked whilst searching for something on his laptop.

“She said if she still could not get the right candidates before her contract expired, which next month is. She will not pay the contract balance.”

“What? Is she just trying to find an excuse to avoid paying the balance? Here, hyung.” Sunghoon showed his laptop and continued.

“These are all our candidates for her. You can compare them to her preferences. All of them have the most basic entrance level as requested by her, which was having a house and car. Most of them are top notch workers too.” Sunghoon explained.

“If she still did not satisfied with them, she might need to go thru the matchmaker test again.”

“I already explained to her that. But judging from her responses, she seems reluctant to take another test.”

“Actually hyung, from my observation. She is not ready to jump into relationships. By reviewing her criterial, I can presume that she actually never met or dated anyone who meets the list of criteria given. She seems unable to prioritize what is fundamental to her happiness and also be realistic about who she can attract. Apart from that, I also received feedback from the men I set her up with. Of course not all are terrible, but there were some consistent observations made by all the men she went out with. She tended to be critical and could be demeaning when she was disagreed with. I did inform her regarding the feedback but she was not open to hear what the men had told me. Her reaction to me was that’s about him, not me.” Sunghoon rationalized.

“And honestly hyung, not that I’m being bias here. But I’m not surprised if by the end of her contract, she still unable to meet the right men if she continued to dig her heels in and expressed her unwillingness to grow or change in any way.” Sunghoon continued.

“Our business is built based on the success of our clients, if the clients unable to determine their priorities and be realistic about their preferences, it will never work out.”

“Erm...If that is the case, we might need to schedule a meeting with her immediately. Explained it again to her. Tell her properly about our observations and feedback that we received. She might not be open to it, but it is for her own good. We could not let this poor soul left attended. Someone need to straighten her. Wake her up from her world.” Jaeduck said.

“It will not be easy but at least we can try to change her mind. Willing to grow and change will definitely help her find her happiness.”

“Understand hyung. I will ask Ms Oh to contact her and set an appointment with her soonest possible.” Sunghoon noted down.

“Okay, do update me the outcome of the appointment.” Jaeduck said and stood up. He saw a proposal with Eun Jiwon’s name on Sunghoon’s table and opened it before Sunghoon stopped him.

“Oh. You have completed the proposal? Have you arrange a meeting with him?”

“No hyung. I just completed the proposal yesterday.” Sunghoon answered weakly.

“Is this what bothering you before I came?” Jaeduck asked, sat back on the chair.

With a heavy sigh, Sunghoon nodded.

“I don’t know hyung. I never felt this way before. It strange but I just could not define it. He somehow strangely familiar to me. I felt that we met before, but I could not remember and when I asked him, he never answered me.” Sunghoon said, sounds frustrated.

“Aigoo…someone actually make our Hoonie miserable. Why don’t you set a meeting with him? Perhaps another meet up will ease your heart and clear your mind.” Jaeduck suggested.

“I will hyung. I’m checking my schedule to set the meeting.”

“Hoon-ah, I think I understand your feeling right know. But it also might be wrong. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter