Chapter 20

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do"

Song: Almost Lovers

Artist: Alison Sudol

 

 

“Hoon-ah!”

 

“Jaeduck-hyung. Good morning.”

 

“Oh My God! Hoon-ah.” Jaeduck immediately hugged Sunghoon. “Yah! You scared me to death when you’re gone missing like that. Never ever do that again. Promise me.” Jaeduck sighed heavily. “I’m sorry hyung. Yes, I promise you that was the first and last.” Sunghoon replied.

 

“YAH! KANG SUNGHOON!” A shout can be heard from far that startled them all. But without looking, they all knew who is shouting.

 

“Jaijin-hyung.” Sunghoon smiled bitterly.

 

Jaijin walked towards them with tight face. Anger clearly registered on his face. Then….

 

“Pang!”

 

Jaijin slapped Sunghoon’s face. The slap was nowhere hard or loud, it was a mere touch on his face but the damage was greater.

 

“Jaijin-ah!

 

“Hy…. hyung…”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU? SOME KIND OF TEENAGER GOING THRU HIS REBELLIOUS TIME? DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF TROUBLE YOU ‘VE DONE? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE ARE WHEN WE’RE UNABLE TO CONTACT YOU? DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW CONCERN WE ARE?” Jaijin half shouted angrily. Sunghoon lowered his head.

 

“I’m sorry hyung.” He mumbled. This is the first time Jaijin exploded. They stayed silent for few minutes as Jaijin breathed hard, as a man have engaged in anger. When he finally calmed down, he pulled Sunghoon to his embrace.

 

“Thank God you’re safe and sound. Don’t do that again. Don’t disappear from us like that. You gave us a heart attack.” As he patted Sunghoon’s back. Sunghoon obediently nodded. “I won’t, hyung. I won’t. I’m sorry for troubling both of you. It was stupid decision to push you away when I know you’ll always be there for me no matter what. I’m sorry again, hyung.” Jaijin sighed heavily. “I know you want to be alone. We are all understand the conflict. We just hope that you contacted us and let us know you are doing fine instead of just shut us out.” Jaijin slowly said. “We love you. You are our little brother. Your pain is our pain. It hurts us seeing you hurt. Eventhough we can’t help you, we are always be by your side and support you. So, you may take all time you need to heal. Don’t forget that.” Sunghoon nodded.

 

“Good. Now that we settle the matter between us, where is Jiwon? I thought he will be with you?” Jaijin asked. “Jiwon went back to his house as his sister is here. Why hyung?” Sunghoon answered with question. “WHY? He was the reason this happened, right? I have to talk to him. Straighten things out.” Jaijin snorted at his words. “Huh? Hyung, it wasn’t his fault to begin with. You don’t have to confront with him. Both of us already cleared things out.” Sunghoon immediately said, trying to coaxed Jaijin to abort his plan. “That was between both of you. But not between us. We have a lot to talk about.” Jaijin clenched his fist. Sunghoon cleared his throat. He turned to Jaeduck asking for help but Jaeduck just shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Hyung, please. You don’t have to do this.” Sunghoon said. Flustered and worried clearly registered on his face. Jaijin stared at Sunghoon before he said. “Call him and ask him to meet me at office tomorrow. Call him before I do it.” Then he walked away to his office. Sunghoon startled. “Jaeduck hyung.” Sunghoon cried out for help. “You know I could never go against him, Hoon-ah. If he said yellow, yellow it would be. You better call Jiwon and let him know. Warn him too.” Jaeduck patted Sunghoon’s shoulder before walked away. Sunghoon troubled. He ruffled his hair worried. Contemplated either to call Jiwon or not. But he also knew Jaijin hyung would never back down from his words once he firmed his decision. Inhaled heavily, Sunghoon took out his phone and started dialing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You know you can still walk out from this, right?” Sunghoon asked. He seemed unsettle and anxious. Jiwon smiled. He lifted his hand and caressed Sunghoon’s cheek before he kissed his forehead. “We’ll be okay. Don’t worry to too much. You ruin your pretty face with all these worrisome wrinkles.” Sunghoon pouted. “Of course, I’m worried. It’s Jaijin hyung. If Jaeduck hyung, I won’t be this anxious.” Sunghoon muttered. “Well, I’m willing to challenge everything as long as I can be with you. Comes what may. It won’t stop me.” Jiwon replied, still smiling sweetly. Sunghoon sighed. “Besides, even if Jaijin did not do this, I’d plan to meet them after all. To clear all the misunderstanding.” Jiwon said.

 

“But still…” Sunghoon paused. “I’m worried. I…” His words died on his lips as a knock can be heard.

 

‘Knock! Knock! Knock’

 

The door opened and Jaijin and Jaeduck walked in.

 

“Good morning, Jaijin- hyung, Jaeduck-hyung.” Sunghoon greeted.

 

“Good morning, Hoon-ah. Jiwon-ah.” Jaeduck greeted back.

 

“Good morning, Jaeduck.” Jiwon replied. “Jaijin.”

 

Jaijin nodded acknowledged.

 

“Let’s sit.” Jaijin gestured towards the couch. “Sunghoon-ah and Jaeduck-ah, you guys wait outside. I want to have a private talk with Jiwon only.” He said as he sat. Sunghoon turned to Jiwon and was about to protest when Jiwon patted his shoulder and shook his head. “Wait outside with Jaeduck. We’ll be fine.” Jiwon softly said. “But…”. “Hoon-ah, we won’t kill each other if that’s what worried you.” Jaijin nonchalantly spoke. “Hyung!” Sunghoon half shouted. “Okay! Okay! Let us wait outside, Hoon-ah.” Jaeduck ushered Sunghoon out from the room.

 

“How are you Jaijin-ah?” Jiwon asked as he sat down.

 

“Good. You?” Jaijin replied.

 

“Great.” Jiwon smiled.

 

“Let’s drop all pretense and straight to the point. Shall we?” Jaijin said.

 

“I’m listening.”

 

Jaijin inhaled and exhaled slowly before started talking.

 

“Sunghoon is our little brother. He may look tough and strong, but he is soft-hearted and tolerant guy. He takes everything to himself and bury it deep down him. He rarely shows his weakness or sadness. From outsider’s views, he is a cheerful guy and always in good-spirit. Regardless what trouble him inside.” Jaijin started as Jiwon silently listenin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter