Chapter 15

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon glanced at the person next to him.

Sunghoon had been quiet and solemn since they left the airport. The upset and anger registered on his pretty face. The smile that appeared at the airport earlier disappeared in a flash the moment he saw Yoonji standing next to Jiwon. Jiwon did expect Sunghoon to react the way he acted now and he thought he might be able to comprehend that, but at this moment, in a real situation, Jiwon is clueless and hopelessly bewildered.

This is the first time ever that Sunghoon is actually angry and mad at him. Before, all he did was sulking and it won’t take long for Jiwon to persuade him (Technically, all he did was followed whatever Sunghoon told him to). Jiwon wondered how to deal with an angry boyfriend after a fight.

‘BUT, are they fighting?’ Jiwon thought to himself. He glanced at Sunghoon who is driving them to his house.

Jiwon sighed quietly.

He then took out his phone and contemplated to ask Eunji on how to make Sunghoon stop being mad at him. But thinking that Eunji might held this as collateral on him, he decided not to ask her. The only choice he had now was to google it. Feeling surrendered and gave up, he started googling.

How to persuade angry boyfriend?

‘Wait! This is for girlfriend to persuade her boyfriend. Who’s the girlfriend? Who’s the boyfriend?’

Jiwon peeked at Sunghoon. ’Which of one us more suited to act as girlfriend? Me or him?’

‘YA! What the hell am I thinking? It still the same either girlfriend or boyfriend.’

‘Arghhhh…This is Sunghoon’s expertise. He is the love advisor, not me. Damn it. This better be good.’

Jiwon cursed himself quietly and focused back to his phone.

He clicked on the title on Wikihow.com and read through.

How to Make a Guy Stop Being Mad at You after a Fight

Give him time and space.

‘Okay. He already got plenty of time alone. I can no longer bear to be ignored by him’

Find the right time and place to talk when he’s ready

‘This is what I’m trying to do now. Go to his house and talk.’

Apologize — and mean it.

‘Of course I’m sincere. What a crap?’

Listen to him if he wants to talk.

‘Well, I can do this.’

Give him some affection.

‘Affection? Oh…Okay. This shouldn’t be a problem. I guess.’

Tell him how much you care about him.

‘Small matter. I always care about him.’

Make a romantic gesture

‘Damn! How am I supposed to do this? I’m not a romantic guy.’ Jiwon ruffled his hair.

Do something he’s always wanted to do.

‘HUH? Something he’s always wanted to do? What does he always wanted to do?’ His eyebrows furrowed.

Tread lightly for a while

‘This is something I should be extra cautious.’

 Don’t try too hard.

‘WHAT? Don’t try too hard? How can I’m not trying hard if I’m about to lose him? Ignore this point.’

‘Okay. I got this.’ Jiwon determined to persuade Sunghoon today. By hook or by crook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunghoon gripped the steering tightly. He still upset about this whole situation. If he knew she would tag along, he would never disclose his location.

He sneaked a peek at the person next to him. He noticed Jiwon kept on looking at him either to apologize or coax him but he just did not care. Remembering the scene just now enough to make his heart ache.

Flashback (Earlier at Airport)

 

“Hi.” Jiwon greeted.

Sunghoon took a deep breath, braced himself before turned to face Jiwon. His lips instantly curled into a smile the moment the glimpse of Jiwon caught at the corner of his eyes.

BUT…

The smile immediately faded away as he saw the person standing in front of him now. Next to Jiwon.

HER.

Sunghoon looked at Jiwon. Then looked at Yoonji.

He bit his lips. He felt betrayed.

“Why is she here with you?”

His face clearly showed his uneasiness and disturbed with Yoonji’s presence.

“You lied to me.” Sunghoon said, his voice cracked.

He stood up, facing Jiwon and Yoonji, fighting all his might not to create a scene in the café.

“Hoon-ah.” Jiwon called his name.

“This is mistake. I shouldn’t have told you where I am.” Sunghoon shook his head, regretted his decision.

“I got to go.” He walked pass both of them.

But…

Jiwon grabbed his wrist before he’s able to leave them.

“Don’t go. Listen to me, please.” Jiwon begged.

“No. Let me go. This is obviously a mistake. A terrible mistake.” Sunghoon said, wriggled to free his wrist from Jiwon’s grip.

“I won’t let you go. Not when you are in front of me. Not after I went around searching for you. I’ll be crazy if I let you go now.” Jiwon insisted, tightened his grip, he forced Sunghoon around to face him.

“Hoon-ah…Darling…please, just listen to me--“

“I don’t want to do this.” He said through his teeth.

“Do what?”

“Cry.”

“Baby…please…” Jiwon spoke softly.

Sunghoon eyes widened. “How can he call him Baby in front of his fiancée as if nothing?”

“And why the hell she is so calm and still when his fiancée is clearly calling other man Baby or Darling?”

“Hoon-ah.” Jiwon’s voice dragged Sunghoon’s back to reality.

Sunghoon looked at Jiwon in the eyes. Trying to search for some honesty and truth through his eyes. They appeared sincere to him. But his heart still feeling restless. He did not know whom to believe.

“Hoon-ah.” Jiwon called his name again as he did not response to him earlier.

“Could we go somewhere else? A place we could talk comfortably?”

Sunghoon glared at him.

“Why couldn’t we talk here?” He shoot back.

“It is not convenience here, darling.” Jiwon smiled, maintaining his composure in front of his upset lover.

“Besides, you don’t seemed comfortable here.” He continued.

Sunghoon grumped at Jiwon when he said that.

“Please – Could we go to where you’re staying?” Jiwon softly said.

Sunghoon raised his eyebrows in disagreed.

“NO!” He declined, again tried to release his wrist which still held tightly by Jiwon.

“Let me go!”

“Darling, please. Stop fighting. I’m here to explain everything but I could not do it if you did not give me a chance to.” Jiwon begged.

“I’m giving you a chance, that’s why I told you where I am but you just got to bring her here. What else left to say?” Sunghoon argued.

“Oppa.” Yoonji suddenly called and gestured around.

People started to notice their quarrel and turned to look at them. Some of them were seen to try to record their bickering on their phone.

Jiwon immediately pulled Sunghoon out from the café. Far from the crowd. Followed quickly by Yoonji.

When they were a bit further and hid from people, Jiwon stopped walking and turned around to face Sunghoon.

“I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?” Jiwon asked, loosened his grip on Sunghoon’s wrist but he did not let it go.

“Why are you doing this to me?” Sunghoon asked bitterly, lowering his head to gaze at the floor.

Jiwon bit his lips.

Then he pulled Sunghoon into his embraced.

Oh GOD! He missed him. He really is here, in his arms. Jiwon breathe in Sunghoon’s smell.

“I miss you.” He whispered to Sunghoon’s ear.

“I miss you.”

“I miss you like crazy, Hoon-ah.”

“For GOD sake, I miss you.”

“So, please darling. Just listen to me first. Then if you think I’m still lying to you, you are free to do whatever you want to.”

“Okay?”  

 Jiwon released his hugs and looked at Sunghoon.

“I promise you. Everything that you are imagined or pictured isn’t real.”

“Fine. I’ll give you one last chance. If you screwed this up, we’re done, Jiwon-ah.” He warned.

“Deal.” Jiwon smiled.

“But…”

“What else?”

“She is coming with us too.”

Jiwon’s words made Sunghoon grumped in regret.

“I don’t care.” He turned and walked fast. Leaving Jiwon and Yoonji behind to catch-up with his pace.

 

End Flashback

 

And now he is driving them to his house. He just hope that this would not turn into a biggest mistake or decision he ever made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We’re here.” He told them, pulling the break and then got out from car.

“Wow! It’s so beautiful here.” Eunji half shouted.

Sunghoon just ignored her and walked straight to the door.

“Come in eventhough you’re not welcome.” He said sarcastically.

“Your boyfriend is sulking.” She whispered to Jiwon, who let out a chuckle as she said that.

“He’s cute when he’s sullen and angry.” Jiwon smiled lovingly watching the person in front of them.

She winced when she heard his cringed speech.

“You just crazy in love with him.” She scoffed.

“You should find one.” He winked.

She elbowed his side as he said causing him to laugh.

Jiwon’s laugh attracted Sunghoon’s attention.

He turned his back to both of them and saw them laughing freely. As if nothing happened between them.

He bit his lips. Engulfed in a wave of jealousy.

“Do you want to come in or not? If not, I rather close my door.” He shouted angrily

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter