Chapter 10

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been two month after the ‘incident’ happened. The memories from the ‘incident’ were still vivid in Sunghoon’s mind and it won’t go away no matter what.

The awkward moment after that when Suwon suddenly called and said he will drop by later to send amended manuscript to Jiwon. They did not even have time to talk about what happened as they were busy getting dressed up and Sunghoon just excused himself before Suwon arrived. (Trust Suwon will always know the perfect timing).

And after that, that matter just slipped out. Forgotten from the outside, but inside, the burning sensation from that day still lingered and never left. They met few times after that but they never spoke about it. Nonetheless, there is something changed after that. Whenever they met, Jiwon would pulled Sunghoon to somewhere discreet and he will kiss him like there is no tomorrow.

Eventhough there’s no confirmation on their relationship status, Sunghoon appeared to be more cheerful and happy, and to the point it was noticed by others.

“Good morning, Hoon-ah.” Jaeduck greeted.

“Good morning, Jaeduck hyung.” Sunghoon greeted back, smiling.

“You seem different this few days. Happier and contented. Any good news to share?”

“Really hyung? Nothing particular. I’m just happy our business runs smoothly.”

“Really? Well, that’s good then. Do not overwork yourself. You have been staying up late lately. At this rate, you might passed out sooner or later.” Jaeduck advised.

“Okay hyung. I will remember that.”

Unfortunately the advice left advised.  

Shortly after, Sunghoon passed out due to fatigue and overwork. He was rushed to the hospital and admitted. Jiwon promptly rushed to hospital after received a call from Jaijin, saying Sunghoon had been admitted to hospital.

“Jiwon-ah.” Sunghoon called.

“Oh…you’re awake.” Jiwon said. “How are you feeling?”

“Better. What happened?”

“You fainted from fatigue and lack of sleep. You can’t remember?”

“I don’t…”

“You seriously…” Jiwon exhaled slowly. “I really thought my heart was going to stop when I received a call from Jaijin saying that you fainted in the middle of work.”

“If you are damn tired, just rest. Don’t overwork yourself like this. Also, you have me to rely on. You are my boyfriend after all. People usually depends on the person that they love when they feel bad. I guess I need to make sure you do that.” Jiwon stopped talking when he saw Sunghoon staring at him blindly.

“What?” Jiwon asked.

“Just now, you said boyfriend.”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Who?”

“Who what?”

“The boyfriend.”

“Huh?”

“Who?”

“You.”

“Whose?”

“Mine.”

‘Krik………krik………………krik………………krik…………………………………………………………………..’

“EEEEHHHHHHH???? Since when?” Sunghoon half shouted.

“Since the day I said I choose you.” Jiwon replied.

“That was two months ago.”

“Yes.”

“But Jiwon-ah, you never said anything about being your boyfriend…”

“I didn’t need to, didn’t I? It’s only natural, right? We already kissed.”

“I didn’t know!”

“HUH? Really? I have always thought of you as my boyfriend.” Jiwon said. “What did you think of me, Hoon-ah?”

“I…I don’t know...A friend but not quite a friend.” Sunghoon murmured.

“But we kissed. We even made love. How could you not know?” Jiwon asked in disbelief.

“But you’re the one who initiated that on your own. You didn’t ask for permission.” Sunghoon defended.

“Really?” Jiwon perplexed by Sunghoon’s justification.

“Then, this is the first time we’ll kiss with your approval.” Jiwon said, leaned down to close the gap between them. Sunghoon gasped in surprise but did not move back.

“May I?” Jiwon gaze lovingly into Sunghoon’s eyes.

Sunghoon smiled and nodded his head.

Jiwon gently leaned in and their gaze fixed on each other. His fingers gently caress Sunghoon’s cheek. Then he brought his thumb to his lips, gently it before he brushed his lips against him. He pressed tenderly, and felt his mild response. His lips were moist, enticing. He nibbled at his lower lip, and to his own. He is tasting and persuading him to part his lips. To allow him tasting the inside of his mouth. The moment his lips parted, he swiftly slid his tongue into the sweet warmth of his mouth. He worked his tongue around in his mouth. His tongue contended with his.

A moan escaped from Sunghoon’s mouth as he slipped his arms around his neck, pulled him closer and returned the kiss, answering him. Its Jiwon’s turn to moan in return of Sunghoon’s response. He delved deeper and deeper, probing and tasting the taste that he grew to love, deepening the kiss. They kissed like they never kiss before. It took Jiwon full minutes before he broke off the kiss, leaving them breathless and uneven.

Jiwon breathe deeply, exhaled slowly before looked up to face Sunghoon. He flashed his sweet smile and gently caress Sunghoon’s lips and cheek.

“I love you.”

His sudden confession caught Sunghoon off guard. He just stared blankly at Jiwon. Blinked once in a while.

“I love you.” This time his confession came with a forehead kiss.

“I love you.” He kissed his eyelid.

“I’ve been loving you for so long.” He kissed his nose.

“I’m so crazy in love with you.” He kissed his cheek.

“I’m truly, madly, deeply in love with you.” He pecked his lips.

“I…” His words died on his lips when Sunghoon shushed him with his finger on his lips.

“Say it only when you mean it.” Sunghoon whispered.

“I meant every single word I said.” Jiwon took his hand and lifted it to his lips, kissing his fingers.

“Hoon-ah.”

“Erm…”

“Did the doctor said when can you be discharged?”

“Tomorrow. The doctor wanted me to rest properly before I discharged.”

“Okay. I will pick you up tomorrow. Don’t leave without me.”

“You’re not staying?” Sunghoon asked, a hint of disappointment can be heard at the end of his question.

“I love to, but I can’t Darl. I have prior engagement. I’m sorry.” Jiwon coaxed him.

“It’s okay then. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Sunghoon flashed a bitter smile.

“I promise I will be here first thing tomorrow morning.” Jiwon pecked him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Darl. Sweet dream. Dream of me tonight.” He winked before walked out from the room.

Sunghoon could not wait for tomorrow to come. That night he slept in a bed of happiness. Dreaming about the love of his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning.

Sunghoon woke up as he felt something soft pressed his forehead. As he opened his eyes, there he saw the one that he has been waiting for, smiling from ear to ear watching him.

“Good morning, sunshine.” Jiwon kissed his forehead again.

“Good morning.” Sunghoon smiled. A smile that could light up the whole room.

“How are you feeling today?”

“I’m wonderful. Thanks to you.”

“Well, I’m at your service.” Jiwon grinned.

“I already met your doctor. After morning round later, if your condition is good, you can be discharged.”

“Okay. But Jiwon-ah, you don’t have to work today?” Sunghoon concerned. “I don’t want to interrupt your schedule.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter