Even After the War is Won, We Fight For Peace

The Blood of Gods Runs in Our Veins [Camp Wars 7 Updated]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Read discription in foreward first please!

 

Jessica made her way to the Big House after showering. Chiron had requested to meet her there during the period of free time. She lightly shook her wet golden tresses, drying it under the summer heat.

 

“You wanted to meet me?” she asked as she entered the room where she knew Chiron would be. She lingered by the door as she saw that Chiron was busy reading through some paperwork.

 

Chiron looked up from where he was sitting at the table. His expression brightened up as soon as he saw her. “Ah, Jessica. Perfect timing. Come in.”

 

Jessica shuffled over to stand across the centaur at the table.

 

“As you know, the war is finally over,” Chiron started and Jessica nodded absentmindedly wondering where he was going. It’d been a couple of weeks since Gaea raged their camp. Most of the buildings have been rebuilt and the damage was mostly fixed (all thanks go to Seohyun, their resident architect).

 

“Well now that gods have decided that Romans and Greeks are to work together again, I thought it would be smart for the camps to establish some sort of...partnership,” Chiron worded his sentence very carefully. He seemed to be studying Jessica for some sort of reaction.

 

Jessica merely stared at the aged teacher. Was he implying what she thought he was implying?

Jessica mulled over the many thoughts running in her head before opening to respond.

 

“Yes, that would be smart,” she said carefully. She took a breath and used the time to come up with her next words. “How do you plan on doing that?” she asked.

 

Chiron’s eyes lit up and Jessica knew she had asked the right question. Chiron was planning something for her and the thought made her shift uneasily. What was the centaur up to now?

 

“Well, it would be beneficial for both camps to discuss tactics, as well as trade, both information and materials. If we work together, we can accomplish quests more easily,” Chiron explained. “In order to do this, we would need to maintain constant communication.”

 

Jessica stared at Chiron, wondering why he’d called her there and when he was going to get to the point.

 

“Unfortunately, the most reliable way of communication is demigod to demigod,” Chiron stated, eyeing Jessica with a knowing glint. He paused, waiting for the blonde to catch on.

 

Jessica did. She unfroze with a start. “You want me to travel between the camps - be a messenger of sorts,” she blurted out.

 

Chiron’s lips lifted in the tiniest of smiles. “Yes, of sorts. I was hoping for you to be an ambassador.”

 

Jessica merely raised an eyebrow in question.

 

“You know that they do things differently there. They have a counsel, a government, rules, procedures to be followed,” Chiron elaborated and Jessica nodded. She’d heard all about how different Camp Jupiter was from Yuri who’d spent a couple months there before she embarked on the legendary mission to Rome.

 

“That means you’ll most likely be staying at Camp Jupiter for extended periods at a time, attending meeting and things of that sort in order to establish a partnership with us,” Chiron finally explained. “I’m asking you because-”

 

“Because I can light travel,” Jessica finished for him. It made sense. Out of all the campers, she was the only one who could travel such large distances and so frequently too. Yuri could shadow travel, but traveling all the way to California from New York would cost her two days of deep sleep. Jessica was luckily a strong enough of a demigod to not let her powers drain her too much when she used them. Her impossibly high magical stamina was one of the reasons that made her the strongest demigod at Camp Half-Blood - something Yuri always complained about.

 

“Yes,” Chiron agreed. “But also because you’re level headed,” he stated. “You’re diplomatic,” he said simply. “You think things through and you’re good at foresight and planning for the future.”

 

Jessica stared as Chiron continued talking. She was used to people talking about her fighting skills, but no one has really admired her mental capabilities. Jessica tried not to blush at the compliments he threw at her.

 

“I would send Yuri as they are already familiar with her, but unfortunately she’s brash and reckless and tends to get into arguments easily. This is a different type of battle, and you’re best suited for it out of all the other campers here,” Chiron finished.

 

Jessica felt herself blushing from her neck to the tip of her ears. “Um.” felt like lead. “Sure,” she managed to mumble out.

 

“I believe you will do what is best for Camp Half-Blood,” he smiled brightly at her.

 

Jessica felt the weight of the position that was just assigned to her settle on her shoulders. “Of course.”

 

Chiron beamed at her, and Jessica felt like she was just tricked into agreeing. But she knew the old man was genuine and felt a flush of confidence rush through her gut.

 

“Be warned though, Romans are incredibly stubborn. You might not get what you want easily,” he gave her a pointed look and Jessica bit back a sigh. She could imagine all the mindless arguments and meetings she was going to have to sit through in the future.

 

“Well,” she smirked, bringing her arms over her chest as she pulled herself into a confident stance. “If I can talk a sphinx into confusion, I can handle some teenagers playing politicians.”

 

Chiron just smiled at her before sending her away with a giant stack of papers in her arms.

 

She would leave for Camp Jupiter in a week.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter