Ch 4

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This story has been edited from the start to the current chapter. Please reread from the start for better understanding of the story. Thank you. Please subscribe and comment. Thank you so much!

Jungkook pulled his luggage around the beach to find her. As the ground was full of sand, it made it hard for him to pull his luggage. He prayed Chaeyoung would quickly appear and stop tormenting him like this.

Alas, his prayers were answered as he walked down the sand to see a woman sitting down with a large bag beside. No prizes for guessing who that was especially with that luggage. Jungkook trudged with his luggage to where she was. He was tired but he had no choice. He was about to chide her for leaving him alone and storming out of the restaurant just like that. However, when he saw her head buried into her arms, he softened. As he moved closer to her, the sound of cries became evidently stronger.

Jungkook took out a clean jacket from his luggage and wrapped it around Chaeyoung who was only in pyjamas. "Do you not know how to keep an image? Fancy you wearing a pyjamas out to eat." Jungkook said. Chaeyoung looked up and found Jungkook squatting beside her with a tissue on his hand. "Go away." she demanded, with a broken voice. She continued to bury her face.

"Look at me." Jungkook asked. "Park Chaeyoung, I demand you to look at me." He asked in an even harsher tone.

"Just what exactly do you want from me?" Chaeyoung finally looked at him in the eyes with tears streaming down her cheek.

Jungkook took out a piece of tissue and wiped her tears. "Why are you crying?" He asked. "Was it because I criticised your lock?"

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and sighed. "No, just let me be alone."

Jungkook let out a loud sigh. “So, who was it who suggested I should come here and eat? Who was it that took the wrong bag and made me drag her bag all the way here? Not even a ‘thank you’.”

Chaeyoung just stared at him.

“You’re welcome.” Jungkook smiled widely. “Look!” He pointed. “The sun is rising!!! You sure know how to pick a place to cry!” Jungkook laughed but immediately stopped when he saw Chaeyoung still staring at him.

Jungkook continued to point meekly at the view. Chaeyoung pursed her lips and turned to look at the view. She was amazed by the view but not her company. “I can’t believe I’m watching the sun rise with a person like you.” she finally said something.

“I know right. My fans have to pay just to touch my hands, while you?” He shook his head. “Nevermind. I’m doing charity. I’m doing a good thing.”

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows. “What was that supposed to mean?”

“Isn’t it true? I would’ve added a few more zeroes in my bank account if it wasn’t for you.” He added.

Chaeyoung had enough. She pushed him away angrily. “You’re such a narcissist. I’m leaving. Let’s not meet anymore.” Chaeyoung stomped off angrily.

Jungkook rubbed his palms and smirked. “That’s the Chaeyoung I know.” He thought. “Isn’t she too much though to be leaving me ALONE for the THIRD time in 24 hours? Rude. Let’s not meet anymore? You’re clearly wearing MY jacket.”

 

"Idiotic Jungkook. How can he be so insensitive towards someone who just cried in front of him?" Chaeyoung dragged her luggage into her house grudgingly. "Exactly. She paused. "I was an idiot too to cry in front of him. I can't believe I did that." she laughed in disbelief.

"Why are you laughing to yourself?" Jiyong casually asked as he walks down the stairs in his pyjamas with his bed hair.

"You startled me." Chaeyoung put her palm on her chest.

"More like YOU startled me. Where are you going with that luggage?"

"Oh this?" Chaeyoung pointed to the luggage. "Nothing. I just came back from the airport because I brought home the wrong luggage so I had to exchange." She lied.

Jiyong raised an eyebrow. "You mean you went to the airport with your pyjamas on and a denim jacket?"

Chaeyoung took a quick look on her outfit and facepalmed herself. The food place was nearby so she did not think of wearing anything nice at all. She felt like digging a hole to hide when she realised Jungkook was all dressed up but she was in her pyjamas when she met him. "And since when was I so comfortable in meeting Jungkook?" She whispered to herself.

Jiyong walked closer to her and took a closer at the jacket. "Is this yours? It's branded and doesn't seem to be your size either."

Chaeyoung widened her eyes when she realised the jacket was not hers. "I-uh, well I like wearing bigger sized clothes nowadays." She lied again.

"Very well then." Jiyong smiled in approval. "Wait-" Jiyong examined the jacket. "It seems to be an acronym here."

Chaeyoung was flustered. "It says, JK" said Jiyong. "What is JK?" 

"N-nothing." She moved away to stop him from looking at it longer. "It's just an unknown brand." She lied.

"Alright then. Quickly wash up and let's have breakfast together." He messed with her hair.

Chaeyoung pushed away his hands from her. "Nah, I am tired. I will sleep first and eat later instead. Goodnight."

"Alright then, just don't forget to eat. Your stomach cannot handle that." said Jiyong. Chaeyoung smiled at him as she walked up the staircase.

Truth is, Chaeyoung was not ready to share a table with her own brother. Seeing him reminded her of late Junghoon. They were all so close at one point of time. She was afraid to be asked about where she went yesterday. Although everybody knew and would unlikely ask, she still did not wish to do so. At least for now.

It was a week before the start of internship. It was her fifth day rotting at home too. She applied, no, rather she was given the role of a finance intern at JK Entertainment. Of course, she got in through connections, after all, Jongin is the current CEO of the company. With his looks and skills, he could've been a big star on his own but he has no choice but to live as the only heir. That, however, is not the only reason. 

Chaeyoung put on her shoes and skipped to the nearest bus stop. She was b with excitement. She was all ready to look for clothes that she can wear during internship. Jongin repeatedly told her that she can wear something casual because, who dares to say no to the CEO? Despite that, she refused and demanded tha he preteneded not to know her while they are in the company. Well, everyone except Chaeyoung can say no to him in the company now.

Chaeyoung looked out the window of the bus in awe. It has been a long while since she last saw her neighbourhood. Although it has been a few months since the last break, many things had changed since them. After what felt like eternity, she finally reached her destination. Just then, she received a text from Jiyong.

"You left without lunch, didn't you? Remember to eat." - Jiyong

Chaeyoung did not reply. She decided to head to a nearby cafe and grab a quick lunch before she starts her shopping marathon.

"I've never seen this cafe before. Is it new?" she thought as she pushed the main door. The cafe was crowded but her stomach started growling the minute she stepped in. She quickly scanned the cafe for an available seat. Upon seeing an empty seat, she walked briskly to the seat. "Hi, is this seat taken?" she asked a guy who had his face glued to his phone.

The guy looked up and was startled. "Chaeyoung?" he asked.

Chaeyoung took a closer look at him. "OMG JUNGHOON?" she screamed in joy. Chaeyoung pulled out the chair in front of her and quickly sat down. "What are you doing here?!?!?!" She was ecstatic.

"Uh," he paused to have a sip of water. "I had to come back, don't I? My house is in Korea after all." he laughed nervously. Jungkook, or rather the current Junghoon was not expecting to run into Chaeyoung out of all days. He originally planned for a quiet day out but could not think of a better disguise than being Junghoon. After all, if someone like Chaeyoung who met the real Jungkook from time to time can't recognise Junghoon, his fans will not too.

"Hi, may I have your order?" the waiter asked. Chaeyoung quickly placed her order and turned back to Junghoon who was feeling nervous.

"That's right. I'm so silly." Chaeyoung laughs. "When did you came back?"

"Uhm, last two days?" he lied.

"Oooo, I thought it was the same day! Why didn't you contact me? I was so bored at home wating for intern to start." Chaeyoung kept talking and talking, leaving no chance for Junghoon to say anything.

At that moment, her food arrived. Chaeyoung did not realised that she had been talking a lot. From how excited she is for internship to how she met an annoying guy on the plane. Although she never revealed who it was, he knew exactly that she was talking about him.

"I'm sorry." she laughs as she picked up her utensils. "Did I talk too much?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter