Ch 2

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The concert was over just like that. Being absentminded as always, Chaeyoung left her phone by accident in BTS's room. “Out of all places”, she thought. After all the interaction with Jungkook, it was understandable why she was reluctant to go back.

She paced up and down in front of the boys’ room, unsure if she should wait before they leave before retrieving or what. As if God answered her prayers, a saviour called her name with her phone in his hand. It was Taehyung. “This is yours.” He said in English while handing the phone over to her. 

“I.. searched for you but I can’t find you. I.. uh..” Taehyung started to mumble. It took him seconds before giving up communicating in English and went for Korean. “Don’t worry, I did not look at anything on your phone. I guessed it was you since I saw you using your phone earlier on and the handphone strap looked like yours.” He went on and on in Korean before realising that she might not understand. “You-uh. Do you understand me?” He gave another shot in English. 

Chaeyoung stifled a giggle. “Don’t worry. I am actually 100% Korean too.” She said, in Korean.

”You are?!?” He asked, surprised. “Why didn’t you say anything?” 

“I just did not want to attract attention. Now that you know this, can you keep a secret?” Chaeyoung let out a nervous laugh as people continue to pass by them outside the room. 

“Alright. I will but what can you do for me?” Taehyung asked. 

Chaeyoung was not that desperate to keep her identity a secret but since Taehyung and Jungkook are in the same group, all she wanted to do was hide it from Jungkook. It irked her to see how confident looking and conceited he was.

”What do you want?” She asked. 

“I have not thought of it yet but I’ll let you know.” He said. 

“Aren’t you afraid that I will run away without fulfilling any request?” 

“You won’t. I’ll get your number.” 

”What makes you so sure? Aren’t you afraid I will let your fans know your number?”  

”You won’t. If you do so, you can expect fans to spam your phone, social media etc and the next thing you know, you will be trending. Fans these days are no joke. Imagine what would happen if they found out Miss Winner is actually a staff in disguise and a Korean fan at that too. Do you think the locals here will let it go?”

The thought of that was enough to send shivers down her spine. “So? I won't be here for long anyways.”

"Well, if you're not afraid, I can always take back your phone and find a way to unlock it. After which I will just reveal everything in there." Taehyung took her by surprise and snatched her phone away. 

"Give it back" said Chaeyoung as she tried to snatch back her phone but he was way taller than her. 

"Deal or no deal?" he smirked.

"I thought you were nice but guess not. Fine, deal!" 

Just like that, they reached to an agreement with each other. 

Back in the room, Jungkook waited anxiously for Taehyung to return as he stared intensely at the doorknob. 

"HOW WAS IT? DID SHE SAY ANYTHING?" he jumped out of his seat the minute Taehyung opened the door. Taehyung coolly grabbed a bottle of water and threw it at Jungkook. 

"Chill, she said nothing. She just thought I was the one who found it and thanked me. That is all." 

"You mean she doesn't know I found it and thanked you instead?!"

Taehyung hesitated for a second. "Oh no, I meant she knew. Yeah, she thanked US and just left. She was in a hurry", he lied. 

"Wow, that woman actually knows how to thank people. That's better." Jungkook thought.

"Why? Are you interested in her?" Taehyung looked at him with curiosity in his eyes. 

"N-no." Jungkook stuttered. "Just that I find her weird that is all" Jungkook tried to justify himself. 

"then, do you wish to see her again?" 

Jungkook laughed as he walk to the exit. "You're joking right? Of course not." 

Taehyung turned around and smirked, "But I do."

It was a day after the concert. As promised by the manager, Jungkook was given two days leave. He thought that extending his stay in Singapore would be better than returning to Seoul to enjoy his days off. After all, people would think he had left with s. Instead of visiting crowded places where it could possibly get him into trouble, he thought he should visit a nearby cafe instead where it is far quieter for him.

He grabbed his hat, shades and mask out to disguise himself. It was just a few minutes walk from the hotel. However, it was not what he had expected. Jungkook scanned around his surrounding and sighed. "I knew I should not have slept in." he thought to himself. It was nearing lunch crowd and people were coming in for lunch. He managed to secure a corner spot for himself. It was a two seater table. 

Jungkook's food arrived about 10 minutes later. He was about to take his first bite when someone approached him. "Hi, is this seat taken? May I sit down?", a woman asked. 

He was not sure what she wanted at first but when he saw her pointing at the seat in front of him, he understood. He shook his head and took another bite. While the woman was about to sit down, Jungkook took another look at her. His eyes grew bigger at the sight of her. He started choking on his pasta and quickly wore his mask. It was Chaeyoung. 

"Are you alright?" Chaeyoung asked. 

Jungkook just nod his head without saying a single word. He do not know why but he was scared she would recognise him right there. Not exactly scared, more of surprised. A pleasant surprise. He had no idea how to react. He took his phone out and pretended he had a text to reply. 

Chaeyoung looked at him in disbelief. "What kind of person eats with a mask on? Unless he's sick? But hello how are you gonna eat?" she thought. Nevertheless, Chaeyoung continued doing her own thing after ordering her drink. 

Jungkook really had no idea what to do. He was scrolling his phone applications when he accidentally open the camera. The camera was facing Chaeyoung who was reading a book. It felt creepy but Jungkook went ahead and snap a photo of her. What an irony. People used to be the one taking sneaky photos of him but it is the exact opposite now. 

Chaeyoung looked at him again which startled Jungkook. He quickly pulled his phone to his ears and pretended he was calling somebody in an extremely deep voice. "Ah yes. I am having my lunch now. I will head over soon." he spoke in Korean. 

He let a small cough after hanging up. 

"Ah, you're Korean? Me too" Chaeyoung asked in Korean. 

Jungkook had always known she is a Korean but was surprised she took the initiative to introduce herself as a Korean. Especially when she denied flatly that she is Korean right in front of him. 

"Ah yea." he replied. 

"Are you not going to eat? How are you going to eat with your mask on?" 

"Ah ye, just that the pasta was quite salty. It is not to my liking."

"Oh, shouldn't you call for the staff to change it for you?" Chaeyoung was ready to raise her hand to ask for help but was stopped by Jungkook. 

"No-no. It's fine. I am rushing for time so I'll just finish up my drink and go." 

Chaeyoung just nodded her head. "Oh, alright then. I have to go now. Enjoy your drink!" She waved her hand at him and left the cafe. Jungkook heaved a sigh of relief and open his mask slightly to breathe. 

As Jungkook continued eating his pasta, a waiter came to him and passed a piece of tissue. 

"I don't need a tissue." He said. 

"Oh no, a girl had told me to pass this to you before she left." The waited said. 

Jungkook picked up and took a look at the tissue. There were writings on it.

"If you need a tour on good food, contact me on my KaTalk id, 'chaexyoung'. - Chaeyoung"

Jungkook let out a giggle. "So your name is Chaeyoung, huh? You're the one who came to me that night."

That night, Chaeyoung was busy packing her luggage for her trip to Seoul the day after when she received a text on her KaTalk from an unknown person.

“안녕.” the text read.

“Who are you?” she replied.

The unfamiliar number replied with a picture instead. Face covered with shades, a mask and a hat. “It’s me.”

Chaeyoung instantly replied with a cheerful greeting. “Oh, hi!!”

They both exchanged a lot of messages that night. They shared about what they do in life, their hobbies and more. Strangely, nobody brought up the topic of Jungkook’s identity. Time passed, it was nearing midnight when Chaeyoung decided she should stop and continue packing.

“Hey, you know what, let’s talk again tomorrow. I have to pack my luggage now” she texted.

“Where are you going?” Jungkook replied.

“Back to Seoul.”

“Really? I thought you were going to tour me around Singapore!”

“Hahaha sorry, I really had forgotten about it. How about lunch tomorrow? Lunch is on me!”

Jungkook hesitated. He never thought of this. He never actually planned ahead on what he wanted to do with her. It all just came spontaneously.

“Yea... sure. Text me the place and I’ll be there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter