Ch 1

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, you can't!"  exclaimed the manager, Hyosin. "We still have one more country to stop by for this tour!"

"But-" 

"No, Jungkook. You have to. At most, I let you off for two days after the tour. We cannot afford to give you more leaves."

"Fine." Jungkook staggered to where the group's car was parked at. 

It has been a long time since the members had a proper rest. Their increasing popularity did not help either. Rest days that seems like a working day. Sleep that felt like a nap. This is the path they had chosen. 

Yoongi patted the restless boy's back as Jungkook threw head back on the seat to sleep. "Until when are we going to be like this?" he thought. 

Meanwhile in Singapore, a girl named Chaeyoung can be found in a café reading her book.

A fairy-like image comes falling down

Drop of sweat, a manly sweat

A sense of familiarity 

But not meant to be 

Chaeyoung closed her book and sighed, "Of course. Happy ending and Chaeyoung are not meant to be."

She was only a step away from the exit when she overheard a conversation between two customers. 

"You know, the company planned to bring BTS next week but we are short of staff." one of the customer said. 

"Really? I thought you already had enough!" the latter replied. 

"Only for the helpers! What I meant was the backstage people. The ones who get to work closer with them. It is hard to find somebody who has no interest on them at all. I'm afraid-"

"afraid they will attack on BTS and do something unfavourable?" Chaeyoung interrupted, startling the both of them. "Hire me, because I am not them."

Chaeyoung's life was unlike other girls her age. Born into a Korean family, her personality are worlds apart compared to her only sibling, Jiyong. If Jiyong and Chaeyoung were to be in the same place, Jiyong would be the more noisier one. He would initiate most conversations. Chaeyoung would be the total opposite. She would be sitting at a corner, probably reading or on her phone. 

Chaeyoung was an impressive learner, or what people would categorize her instead, a nerd. When she was 6, she grew an interest in watching dramas. English? Chinese? She picked it up unintentionally just by watching and listening to these dramas. So dramatic. Almost 3 years ago, she made a decision that shocked her family. She wanted to study in Singapore. Nevertheless, her parents allowed with a condition that she has to come back on special days and during her vacation period. 

In school, Chaeyoung was not an ostracized. She made a few friends, but nobody really knew her interest apart from reading. When a classmate happily bounced to a Korean song, she just made a smile but did not express any interest. In actual fact, she does listen to Korean songs, just that she avoided liking the singers. 

It is the first week of school vacation which also meant Chaeyoung had finished her final exams the week before. Being a final year student, she is only left with a 12-weeks internship before finishing her last few modules before she is set for graduation. Originally, she wanted to do her internship in Singapore but her parents insisted she does her internship in Seoul, where her family is.

Chaeyoung did not mind at all since her vacation is cut short too due to internship. Her internship only starts on the third week of vacation which meant she had two weeks before leaving for Seoul. She searched hard for things to do for two weeks. As if it was fate, she overhead the conversation about BTS concert in Singapore. 

It was a day before the concert. It was chaotic. Fangirls were gathering outside the venue since noon to be chased several times by the security guard because the concert is the day after. It is nothing new to have fans lining up days before. What could be worse than lining up? People actually setting up tents right outside the venue. Ridiculous? What an understatement.

All the staff had to be on standby and prepare for the concert. Chaeyoung was no exception. Her job scope is every fangirls' dream. To be working inside the waiting room. Her job scope is to help out inside. For example, if there is a need to help the artistes with outfits, she has to. It was the eve of the concert. BTS came to the venue to rehearse.

It was not a need for Chaeyoung to be helping in the waiting room since it is just a rehearsal for now. Instead, she was assigned to help the crew.

"Jungkook-ah, are you okay?" Namjoon asked the youngest who seems to be worn out after a long flight from the States. He passed a bottle of water to Jungkook who was lying down on the sofa. "If you're tired, just rest first. It is just the rehearsal."

"But I'm the vocalist—", Jungkook muttered with his eyes shut.

"— which is why you should be resting your voice." Jimin butted in the conversation.

Jungkook wanted to join the rest of the members on stage but fatigue took over his body. He decided to heed their advice and rest instead. BTS was walking towards the stage area when a mini accident happened. The boxes of bottled drinks pushed by Chaeyoung fell off the trolley when Taehyung accidentally bumped into her.

"Sorry!! Sorry!! I did not mean it." Chaeyoung frantically apologised.

"No no. It is our fault." Namjoon spoke in English and smiled while helping Chaeyoung pick up the bottles. "What are you doing? You dropped her stuff. Apologise and help!" Namjoon reprimanded Taehyung who stood rooted to the ground, in Korean.

"Ah.. Yes... I'm sorry." Taehyung apologised immediately as he helped along.

"It's.. okay.. Thank you." Chaeyoung smiled as she took the bottles away from Taehyung. "You guys go ahead. You have to rehearse."

Namjoon smiled and apologised again before he left with the members except for Tae.

Chaeyoung turned around and continued pushing before she was stopped by him. "Can you help me?" Taehyung asked in English with his cute accent.

Chaeyoung was puzzled by nodded her head anyways. "You know Jungkook? BTS member? He— uh, inside room.. Resting. Can you give him a bottle of water?" he pleaded.

"Sure." said Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung entered the waiting room which was surprisingly dark since the light was turned off. She took a double look on the name pasted outside the door. It clearly states 'BTS'.

"Maybe he went to the toilet." Chaeyoung thought. She decided to just went in further without turning on the lights since all she wanted to do was to put in a few bottled drinks inside. As if she was cursed, something tripped her over for the second time that night. The bottled drinks fell once again.

"Ouch" she yelped. "What was that?" she wondered.

"Who are you?" a voice appeared out of nowhere in Korean. Chaeyoung, startled by the voice, spoke in Korean by accident. "Nothing. Here are your drinks. Your member asked me to bring it to you. I'll get going now." Without turning on the lights, she bolted out the door.

Jungkook the lights. "If you are here to send water, you should have done it properly." Jungkook let out a slight grunt.

Chaeyoung ran and ran till she was nowhere visible to anyone. "That was so close." she sighed in relief.

After what seemed like an eternity, the rehearsal night was finally over. Chaeyoung nodded and waved goodbye to her colleagues who reminded her to come on time the following day.

"Wow, these girls are sure persistent. Are they really going to stay here till the concert starts tomorrow?" Chaeyoung thought, as she watched a few girls hiding nearby the venue while others had already left. "These girls are crazy."

"Kook-ah, are you feeling better now?" Yoongi asked as he gulped a bottle of water.

"Yea, hyung. I'm just feeling a little dizzy now. I will be better tomorrow."

"That's good to hear." Yoongi patted Jungkook's back. "WHO ARE WE?" he shouted.

"BTS!" All seven members shouted together.

"That's the spirit! Let's go back and wash up! After that, have a good rest and do better tomorrow!" said Namjoon. The members packed up and left the venue quickly.

It was finally the day of the concert. The crowd gathering outside the venue was crazy. The amount of people employed to guard the area was no joke either. Despite that, the management are still short of staffs. As a result, Chaeyoung had to help out the crew and usher the eager fans who were pushing each other to get in. Chaeyoung sighed when she saw a group of girls trying to sneak in prohibited items inside.

"Excuse me, you can't bring that in." she pointed at the big camera stuffed inside the equally big bag.

"The staffs did not even stop me. Who are you to stop me? You're not even a staff." the fan y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter