II - Water's Edge

A God's Will
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had only been a minute since her body had made contact with the cold autumn water before the figure was immanently before her. The water was cloudy but she could still make out the features on this one mans face. He was very attractive and looked like someone out of a magazine or tabloid. Her vision became blurred as the lack of oxygen was becoming more evident in her body. Everything felt numb at that moment but the only thing she could feel was the return of the flow of oxygen to her lungs as the person pressed their lips against her's forcing the gas into her lungs.

She was then dragged to the shore of the river and placed on the hard ground. Her eyes had given up at this point meaning she now lay limp in this strangers embrace. The water in her lungs was slowly drawn out letting her lungs be once again functional and able to take in the much-needed air. Her eyes stayed firmly shut but not as a choice, she just couldn't find the energy to open them. Every drop of strength had been completely drained from her as the strange numbness continued. 

She felt another bit of contact with her as the person intertwined one of his hands with her's. The grip was strong and yet they were gentle, from this she could tell that the stranger was almost certainly a man. Strangely, she felt safe even if she couldn't move whilst the rest of the world and people continued around her. The features of the stranger in the river still flooded her mind but again they were blurred beyond comprehension, who would be stupid enough to go into the river to save someone who didn't even want to be saved.- Of course, how were they meant to know that about her?

The man hooked one arm underneath her legs and another around her shoulder to pick her up in a comfortable fashion for her. After walking only a few steps she felt the water drain out of her clothes as if it was compelled to move. Her body although now completely dry was still shivering in the cold air. She had no perception of the amount of time that it took for her body to be enveloped in the warmth of the indoors. 

She could now hear that the room she was now in had only two people inside it. The other noises were reflecting of the entrance of a house, or more probably an apartment, the person carrying her walked further until she felt the continually repeated movement of stairs which bounced her in the strangers' arms. *Where are they taking me?* she thought as the stairs continued. But the movement of moving up let her tired body and tired mind just drift off to sleep.

FREYA POV**

I woke up nestled in a warm bed to the sunlight pouring through the huge glass window. I expected to be in my bed at the hotel I had checked into before remembering the strange and subtly strange encounter with that man yesterday evening. The bedroom I was in was pretty simplistic and modern. It had side tables made of glass and a black iron frame and the rest of the furniture in the room consisted of two single cubed leather chairs facing each other with a similar black iron and glass table between them. I thought that this would be a small apartment by the size of this room but I was wrong. As soon as I turned around in the bed I noticed the other side of the room which extended around two times the length of the other side made me think that this place was a whole lot bigger than my original thoughts.

The one door leading out of the room was closed but I wanted to know what the rest of this place looked like and wherever the hell I was so eventually I trailed my way towards the door. Pulling it open I saw that the apartment was quite spacious and open and the same style as the bedroom. There was a kitchen linking onto a living room and above the kitchen was a raised platform making the space have the second floor.  I walked further out of the bedroom before sliding the door closed behind me, I could see that after I had left the room above me was a second level with a spiral staircase leading up to it, from what I could see only one door led off of it. On this level I saw t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter