11:45

Glass Wall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness. Nothing but pure darkness was floating in the empty space Kyulkyung was trapped in. She wanted to scream but her vocal cords refused to be helpful and remained silent. The heavy and silent darkness reminded her very much of the void but she did not want to take that possibility into her consideration.

Being in the darkness for too long makes you feel like you begin melting into it, becoming one with the eternal dark mass of nonexistence. That is exactly what Kyulkyung was feeling in that exact moment.

And yet, she was not petrified by the sudden change of environment. The strange unfamiliar tension she felt over her whole body was telling her that this was just a temporary state.

But temporary can mean many things in comparison with the eternity.

“ She is in there but try to be gentle, she has been through too much today. “

Kyulkyung heard a familiar voice but was unable to tell who it belonged to. After hearing the voice reaching her ears from behind something that seemed to be a thin wall, Kyulkyung realized she was not in the void after all.

“ I don’t think taking her with us was a good idea, but bad times make us do bad decisions don’t they. “

Another voice could be heard and Kyulkyung lost her consciousness.

-

“ Are you okay? Shhhh stop crying Juju…I am here with you and no matter what you saw in the land of dreams will stay there. I will protect you from everything bad in this world so please stop crying. “

Eunwoo was hugging Kyulkyung tightly while the Chinese girl was uncontrollably shaking, letting ugly sobs escape . She did not want to be seen in this state, especially not by her soon to be wife Eunwoo, but the feeling of an endless fear was stronger than anything she has ever felt.

“ I love you Juju, I am not leaving your side so there is no need to be scared. You can tell me after your dream if it helps okay? And I will understand if you don’t want to talk about it as well. We can just be silent, just please don’t be scared. “

Eunwoo said softly, pressing her lips against Kyulkyungs soft ear. The gentle whispers made Kyulkyung relax immediately, since she was very fond of familiar things. The touch of Eunwoos lips was as natural as breathing and that set her at ease.

“ Just hold me for a little bit. “

Kyulkyung whispered into the silence of the night, getting lost in Eunwoos loving embrace. She allowed herself to entirely forget about Nayoung, the void and the strange but familiar voices she heard.

It was just Eunwoo and her, their love filling the space with cosmic dust. Agreeing to marry Eunwoo was a right decision after all.

The sudden appearance of Nayoung made Kyulkyung very confused, but marrying Eunwoo is something she wanted for years. Nayoung was just some alien and her work was to make her talk. But was it really as simple as that?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter