Of Snakes and Badgers (SaTzu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

This is a Hogwarts!AU prompt from Satzuminatozaki. I LOVE HARRY POTTER!

 

Of Snakes and Badgers

 

Sana watched her target from the Slytherin table with interest.

 

She was making those around her laugh with what she had assumed was an impression of Dumbledore. Her short friend was laughing hardest, nearly spitting her drink out all over her latest sketch. Sana knew the shorter one by reputation, Son Chaeyoung a Korean girl just like the object of her attentions. On the other side was Yoo Jeongyeon - the one her friend Nayeon was eyeing from her seat next to her, another Korean. Asian countries were well known in the wizarding world for having the smallest amount of wizards and witches in their population. The number was so low that they did not even have enough students to fill a school, so instead all were expected to learn English in order to be accepted into international schools like Hogwarts (everyone’s first choice) or Ilvermorny.

 

Kim Dahyun was also one of these students and the latest girl Sana had her eye on.

 

The Slytherin had asked the Gryffindor out once before and had been turned down. Something Sana had not experienced before - it intrigued her. Sure it had been a blow to her pride and Nayeon was still making fun of her for it but it had given Sana more passion to pursue her. She had tried chocolates, sending her messages via owls, she even spent two weeks creating a spell that would produce a pink fog spelling: Sana + Dahyun. But nothing worked. It wasn’t like Sana had a shortage of attention, if she were to count the amount of girls she could call over right now to bring to a secluded room for some fun she would total around sixty-nine (an appropriate number she thought). But she wanted what she couldn’t have and that was Dahyun.

 

“How do I do it Nabongs?” Sana asked swirling the juice in her goblet,

 

Nayeon didn’t even look at her, head on both hands, to busy marvelling at the object of her own affection, “You’ve got no chance, she likes that Japanese chick in Hufflepuff.”

 

Sana eyed to short girl with a glare, sure enough Dahyun was staring at the Hufflepuff table. The Slytherin girl cursed, this would be more difficult then she thought. As the breakfast feat was ending more and more students began leaving - but Sana knew Dahyun had a free period now so she would probably stay in the hall longer. Charms could wait, Sana had her own studying to do. She noticed seats surrounding the trio were vacant and strongly considered going over - except something more interesting happened. Two Ravenclaw’s joined them - Park Jihyo and Myoui Mina. Jihyo was not only the smartest girl in most of her classes, she was also Head Girl. Mina was another Japanese student, like Sana herself, their were only three in the school. The third was Hirai Momo who also suddenly joined them, picking at the remains of the food at the Gryffindor table. Following her was a taller student Sana barely recognise, Chou Tzuyu. Sana had only seen her around a handful of times. She was a Hufflepuff - like Momo. Both girls wearing their yellow ties.

 

Sana scoffed, nobody liked Hufflepuffs - too weak.

 

The tall girl was pretty though, she had a dimple which proudly showed whenever she laughed at whatever Chaeyoung or Jeongyeon were saying. Sana was intrigued, she never pegged Dahyun as the type to be friends with other houses. This was interesting and gave Sana an idea, it was well known that Gryffindor’s were very proud. Therefore Dahyun, having gained so much attention from Sana (the apparent Queen of Slytherin), would have gotten her a lot of brownie points among her little lion crested friends. If Sana were to pursue someone else less worthy then Dahyun would lose that pride and probably start pursuing Sana herself. It was a long shot but Sana was willing to try anything once.

 

But who to choose?

 

It had to be one of her friends. Jeongyeon was out instantly because Nayeon, who was now actually drooling over the girl, would never forgive her. Sana was cunning but not a monster. Chaeyoung was too cute, it would feel like she was seducing a teddy bear. Plus she was dating Mina, they were the schools ‘it’ couple. She looked at the Ravenclaw’s, Mina would see straight through her anyway. She, Mina and Momo were very close before they got to know their houses and Sana would still call them ‘friends’ as they would also call her. Jihyo on the other hand would not stand for Sana’s antics, she had tried once (she’d always wanted to try it on with a head girl) but Jihyo had hexed her causing spots to break out across her face for three weeks.

 

Jihyo had got detention but had claimed it worth it.

 

So that left the (shudder) Hufflepuff’s. They definitely weren’t worthy of her attentions but that would probably rile Dahyun up more. Her first choice would be Momo but as she watched the girl start choking on the chicken leg she had attempted to scoff whole she decided it definitely could NOT be her. What did Dahyun see in her? So her eyes flicked to Tzuyu as the tall girl gave her friend the heimlich with a worried expression. She took a moment to scan the girls face, she truly was beautiful and if Sana weren’t so hell bent on getting Dahyun she would have considered taking Tzuyu to the back of the library. Her beauty was sure to make Dahyun feel inferior plus Tzuyu looked so innocent, so doe-eyed and naive. Sana grinned, Tzuyu was perfect.

 

She began watching the girl attempting to time things right for a first meeting. She noticed that all the other girls seemed to baby her a little, especially Jihyo. This made it even better but also made things rather difficult. When Jihyo got wind of what Sana was doing she would definitely throw her right into the Whomping Willow like she was the opening pitch at a baseball game. She was delighted when both Mina and Jihyo stood to leave first - she vaguely heard Jihyo’s loud voice say they were going to study in the library. Soon Momo disappeared, Sana predicted she was hunting to find more food and Jeongyeon followed her causing a whine to come from Nayeon. This left the three younger ones on their own. Sana grinned - perfect.

 

She stood and sauntered over like a wolf about to pounce on a sheep. When Dahyun spotted her, the smile on her face dropped, “What do you want Sana?”

 

Ouch.

 

“Who said I was looking to talk to you?” Sana asked innocently,

 

Dahyun raised an eyebrow, “Then why are you here?”

 

Sana switched her gaze to the taller girl at the end of the table, she looked back at her. Nervousness obvious within her doe-eyes. She looked cute. Sana placed a hand on her shoulder, “I just wanted to introduce myself, I’ve never seen you before.”

 

Tzuyu smiled politely at her, “I’m Tzuyu, nice to meet you!”

 

Sana could feel the other two girls glaring at her.

“Minatozaki Sana.” The older girl replied sitting next to her, moving her hand away from her shoulder and down her arm,

 

Tzuyu blushed a little and looked away, “Something wrong?”

 

“N-No.”

 

“You’ve gone all red.” Sana said pretending to check her temperature with the back of her hand, “Hmm, you don’t feel warm.”

 

Then in a quick movement she placed her cheek to the blushing girl’s forehead, hearing her squeak in surprise as she did so. She met Dahyun’s angry eyes and smirked at her, this was the reaction she wanted. She pulled away, making sure to look intensely at the now bright red girl.

 

“No temperature,” Sana said, “How strange.”

 

Then Chaeyoung stepped in, “C’mon Tzuyu, let’s go find Momo and Jeong. They’re probably trying to magic up some treats.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, showing her dimple again, “Last time they only managed to get puking pastels.”

 

“Exactly!” Chaeyoung grinned, “Bet I find them before you do!”

 

“Will not!”

 

“Will too!”

 

“With your tiny legs you wish!”

 

“3, 2, 1, GO!” Chaeyoung yelled in a rush as she ran away,

 

Tzuyu stood, “Hey! No fair!” She then remembered Sana who was watching the exchange perplexed, “S-Sorry Sana-sunbae, I gotta--”

 

“Don’t worry,” Sana smirked standing, her arm slowly again, she leant in to whisper, “Call me Unnie.”

 

Tzuyu went red again and sprinted after Chaeyoung - whether due to embarrassment or competitiveness Sana didn’t know. She chuckled and looked to Dahyun, “Cute that you taught her Korean honorifics.”

 

Dahyun glared at her, “What are you doing?”

 

“Jealous?”

 

“Is that why you’re toying with her? To get my attention? Pathetic.” Dahyun spat, “Leave her alone Sana, she’s a good kid.”

 

“I can see that.”

 

Dahyun stormed up to her, “Listen to me, Tzuyu is a kid - she’s not used to your games. She’s off limits, understand?”

 

Dahyun then walked away, knocking Sana’s shoulder harshly with her own. Poor Dahyun, she hadn’t realised what she had just done. Sana smirked after her, the Gryffindor should realise that the worst way to stop someone doing something was to order them not too.

 

_____

 

Tzuyu loved Quidditch.

 

She loved the feeling of being able to fly both as high as she wanted and as far as she wanted. She had attempted to explain the game to her parents once but they weren’t interested, they were muggles after all. Tzuyu’s parents thought both she and her older brother, Jackson, were abnormal. It was rare for muggle parents to not only birth one magical child but two. Both parents preferred their other siblings, their normal siblings. But Tzuyu never once complained. When she came to Hogwarts and first found out what the word “mudblood” meant, having it directed at her by younger Slytherin’s. Tzuyu never raised her voice. Eventually her patience earned her a group of friends that would stand up for her when she couldn’t and she was forever thankful to them. However, they did baby her a little.

 

But when she was on a broom, none of that mattered.

 

She was the keeper for her team, known for doing the most ridiculous saves (one time actually jumping off the broom to smack the quaffle away - she broke her leg when she inevitably fell but it went down in history as the coolest save EVER). Hufflepuff had never won the Quidditch Cup but they were always happy to come second, everyone knew Gryffindor and Slytherin would win - they usually had the money for better equipment. However, Ravenclaw had the best strategies and Hufflepuff trained the most and therefore were the most skilled.

 

Right now Tzuyu was just lapping the pitch out of boredom - it was a Saturday and while everyone else was either in Hogsmeade or in the common rooms she was happy to fly alone. She did a backwards loop in the middle of the field, giggling as the world went upside down before rectifying itself. From the stands she heard applause and it brought her to a slow stop, she looked around searching for the source and eventually found it. Sana was sat in the stands watching her - green scarf wrapped round her neck to protect her from the winter cold.

 

Tzuyu cocked her head confused, slowly flying towards her. Dahyun had warned her after the first time she’d met the girl that Sana had ill intentions and shouldn’t be trusted. But Tzuyu was the epitome of Hufflepuff: Loyal, kind, hard working, dedicated, patient and most of all tolerant. Sure, she knew all about Sana’s past but the older girl had been kind to her - unless Tzuyu was given meaning to dislike her she shouldn’t do so purely on the say-so of others.

 

“Hey Sana-Unnie!” Tzuyu greeted,

 

“You were great out there.” Sana said nodding to the pitch,

 

Tzuyu blushed, a common occurrence when Sana was around apparently, “I was okay.”

 

Sana smirked, “Hufflepuff’s never know how to take a compliment.”

 

Suddenly Tzuyu found her broom handle very interesting, “S-So what are you doing here?”

 

Sana shrugged, “I was bored and I thought I might find you here.”

 

“Why were you looking for me?”

 

Sana shrugged again, “You’re interesting.”

 

Before the blush could take form Tzuyu changed the subject, “Do you play?”

 

The Slytherin shook her head, “I never took to broom flying, I prefer floo powder. Much more efficient.”

 

“Providing you have an appropriate fireplace…..and good English pronunciation.”

 

“You don’t have a fireplace?”

 

Tzuyu laughed slightly, “I do but the only place I’d go in my fire place is the burn ward, my parents don’t allow magical items outside our bedrooms.”

 

Sana raised an eyebrow, “Your parents they’re…muggle?”

 

Tzuyu paused and nodded. She knew Slytherin were infamous for their views on muggle-borns, racial purity was something the more well known Slytherin families prided themselves on. She didn’t know what Sana’s reaction would be, part of her expected the racist term to fall out ….but it didn’t.

 

“Oh, that’s cool.”

 

“R-Really?”

 

“Yeah,” Sana continued like it was nothing, “Just weird, I never knew muggles could have two wizarding children.”

 

“Yeah just Jackson and I though - two out of six.”

 

“He’s a Gryffindor right?”

 

“Yeah the beater of their quidditch team.”

 

“I bet when it’s Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff you both get competitive.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, “Yup! If his team wins I have to do his Herbology homework, if I win he does my charms.”

 

“You struggle with charms?”

 

“No it’s just boring.”

 

Sana laughed at that. Originally she had come here because she knew Tzuyu would be kicked off the pitch so that Gryffindor could practice (therefore Dahyun - their keeper - would see her). That was still her intent but having a decent conversation in the meantime was nice. Plus, as she had previously discovered, Tzuyu was cute and Sana could think of worse people to have to flirt with.

 

“So you can’t ride a broom?”

 

Sana shook her head, “Not really, I tried once but I’m so clumsy that it didn’t end well.”

 

“Ride with me.” Tzuyu said,

 

“W-What?”

 

Tzuyu flew closer and jumped down next to Sana, “Fly with me.”

 

“You’re crazy.”

 

“Yes,” Tzuyu said seriously but with a playful tint to her eyes, “But don’t worry, I’ll keep us safe.”

 

Sana nearly refused but then she thought about it. If Dahyun walked in to see Sana and Tzuyu SHARING a broom it would be sure to get her attention.

“Hold me tight?” Sana asked pretending to be more scared than she usually was,

 

“I promise.”

 

Sana straddled the broom behind Tzuyu and held the girls waist tightly. Tzuyu sent her a smile and then without warn flew straight up, causing a very real scream to rip from Sana’s throat as she tightened her grip so that she was full on back-hugging the girl. When Tzuyu thought she’d scared Sana enough she slowed as she descended a little. Sana opened her eyes and watched at the pitch zoomed past her as they looped the stadium. She hated to admit it but it was pretty fun, plus she quite liked holding Tzuyu like this. She raised one arm and let out a loop, feeling Tzuyu’s back shake as she laughed.

 

“Wanna do a loop?” Tzuyu shouted,

 

“No, no, no!” Sana chanted,

 

“Was that a yes?”

 

“NO!”

 

“Okay then!”

 

Sana screamed as Tzuyu began going upwards - gripping the girl once more twice as tight as before. She could hear Tzuyu laugh as they went upside down. Sana watched the world fly by her and stopped screaming, watching in awe as the world eventually went the right way up again. Adrenaline was pumping through her and she began to giggle. This was fun! She was almost disheartened when she saw the Gryffindor team walk out on to the pitch, but at the sight of Dahyun glaring at her she remembered her plan.

 

Tzuyu also noticed them and went to land a few meters away. The tall girl sent Dahyun a smile and, despite how cross Dahyun was at Sana, the girl smiled back. Tzuyu gripped Sana’s hand and led her through the small crowd sending another smile to her worried looking older brother. Sana took the chance to look back at Dahyun and wink as she stared after them.

 

But found that her heart wasn’t really in the chase any more.

 

____

 

So Sana spent more and more time pursuing Tzuyu, eventually forgetting her original goal of using her to make Dahyun jealous. She actually liked spending time with her, even if they weren’t doing anything exciting. Sana learnt that Tzuyu was actually very intelligent - not that the girl would ever admit it. So they often studied together, sometimes way past lights-out causing Jihyo to catch them and scold them both for being out so late. Every time they were caught by the older girl Jihyo would warn Sana to stay away, causing her to stick with Tzuyu even tighter.

 

Sana enjoyed watching Tzuyu playing Quidditch and surprisingly began cheering for Hufflepuff during the Slytherin vs Hufflepuff match. A factor that didn’t go unnoticed by her friends. While Nayeon had long since realised that the girl was developing more than just attraction (Sana confessing that she was no longer that interested in Dahyun), other Slythin’s did not view Hufflepuff or muggle borns very highly.

 

One day Tzuyu and Sana were in the astronomy tower, they were meant to be studying - it was way past curfew after all and they didn’t want Jihyo to come looking for them. However, rather than study both girls were looking out over the castle. Watching the fire of the torches flickering in the dark, providing the only light as clouds covered the moon. Tzuyu had pouted adorably when she realised she wouldn’t see the stars and so Sana performed an enchantment causing a tiny clear night sky to hang above them, tucked inside the roof of the astronomy tower.

 

“Sorry we couldn’t see real stars.” Sana had said after conjuring the illusion,

 

“It doesn’t matter, I like coming here anyway.”

 

“Really why?”

 

Tzuyu sighed, “When my brother and I are at home we cannot discuss magic, when we’re here we can’t let people know we have muggle parents. It’s like being part of two worlds but neither one want you. I like coming up here because it’s the only place in the tower that I feel safe, I can look out over the grounds and see everything. Nothing is hidden, nothing is private, you can see everything.”

 

As Tzuyu watched the magically made stars in awe, Sana watched her just as transfixed. Tzuyu looked at her, excitement all over her features - fading slightly into embarrassment when she noticed the Slytherin staring at her.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked doe-eyes sparkling,

 

Sana chuckled, “You’re just so cute.”

 

Tzuyu looked down and scuffed her shoes on the ground, “I’m not cute.”

 

Sana walked over to her from where she had been leaning against the brick, “You are adorable, like a little puppy.”

 

Tzuyu whined and pushed her playfully, “Shut up.”

 

“Tzuyu’s so cute!” Sana teased in a high pitched voice,

 

Tzuyu went to push her again but this time Sana caught her arms and pulled her closer. Tzuyu blushed at the proximity and noticed Sana’s eyes were looking a little predatory. She tried to back up but Sana kept hold of her arms and followed her until Tzuyu’s back was against the opposite wall. Carefully Sana placed Tzuyu’s hands on her waist and put her own either side of the younger girls head.

 

“It should be illegal to be so cute.” Sana commented, no longer using a playful tone but rather a sultry one,

 

Before Tzuyu could comment Sana placed a soft kiss on her lips, having to go on her toes slightly to match the tall girls height. Tzuyu was frozen for a moment but eventually began to mimic Sana’s movements. The older girl smiled as nervous hands gripped her waist, she knew this was all new to Tzuyu but Sana was like a tiger, she had animal instincts. Gently, she nipped at Tzuyu’s bottom lip - causing her to gasp and allowing Sana’s tongue to begin a one sided battle. Again after the initial surprise had stopped the younger girl began trying to mimic Sana’s actions. Tzuyu felt somewhat self-conscious, she knew Sana’s reputation - she had kissed lots of girls before, Tzuyu had not. However, in a moment of lust Tzuyu had pulled Sana closer to her and earned a moan for her efforts.

 

Sana was loving this.

 

Sure the girl was inexperienced, but she was learning quickly. Not really thinking Sana raised her hand and had just managed to place it on Tzuyu’s chest when the door to the astronomy tower bust open and Jihyo walked in. The kiss broke and all Jihyo saw was a very red faced Tzuyu looking terrified and Sana, just as red, with a hand on the younger girls s.

 

“Bed. Minatozaki.”

 

“Calm down Jihyo---”

 

“I said go!” Jihyo growled,

 

As a sign of defiance Sana pecked Tzuyu’s lips before she left, causing the younger girl to stare after her like a love sick puppy. Jihyo sighed and snapped her fingers drawing the younger girls attention to her.

 

“Tzuyu, what did I say about that girl?”

 

“She’s not so bad Jihyo,” Tzuyu said honestly, “Really! She’s nice to me, I have fun with her.”

 

“I can see that,” Jihyo quipped, “This is what she does Tzuyu, she sleeps with someone and then moves on to the next one. I’m just looking out for you, we all are.”

Tzuyu sighed and looked down like a scolded child, “I really like her Jihyo.”

 

Jihyo’s hard look faded and she walked up to her and wrapped Tzuyu in a hug, “I know, but I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

Jihyo would need back up.

 

_____

 

Jihyo and the others had a meeting and decided that Tzuyu needed to be kept away from Sana. However since she had started sneaking out after lights-out that would be difficult. So they switched tactics and decided to show Tzuyu what Sana’s true intentions were. In the end it took Jeongyeon taking Nayeon for a date in order to get her to help. Nayeon knew that Eunha, another Slytherin, used to be one of Sana’s favourite girlfriends. But since she’d been spending every spare moment with Tzuyu, Eunha was pushed to side. Eunha’s family were pure-blooded Slytherins and therefore, knowing Sana was hanging with a muggle-born rather than her, made her furious. When Nayeon may have suggested to said girl that Sana was going to be asking Tzuyu to the winter ball next month Eunha’s patience ran out.

 

It all kicked off in an empty hallway near the Slytherin common room. Sana was on her own for once since Tzuyu had been called by Momo for something. If Sana was vigilant she would have noticed the group listening from around the corner. When Eunha appeared Sana stopped.

 

“Hey Eunha, how’s it going?”

 

Eunha scoffed, “You tell me.”

 

“W-What do you mean?”

 

“Well,” Eunha said checking her nails, “Last I heard you had dumped me for your little Hufflepuff playmate.”

 

“She’s not my playmate.”

 

That surprised Jihyo to hear, she thought Sana would be laughing about her conquest.

 

“Really? That’s not what I heard.” Eunha smirked,

 

Sana glared at her, “Then fact check your information.”

 

Eunha looked at her, really studying her face, before laughing, “Oh my God, you’re in love with a Hufflepuff.”

 

Pride is a very stupid thing. Sana realised this later. All it does is cause you to be so hard headed that it ends up hurting those you love most. Right now Sana’s pride was being broken down and she had to protect it, by any means.

 

“Please.” Sana scoffed, “Give me some credit.”

 

Eunha raised an eyebrow, “Oh,” she didn’t believe a word Sana said, “Well then what are you doing with her?”

 

“That’s none of your business.”

 

“True,” Eunha continued, “But some of us have begun to question your morals. She’s not a real witch Sana.”

 

Sana scoffed at that, “She’s a better witch than you.”

 

It was at this point that the trio watching (Jihyo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon) realised they may have made an error in judgement and now they were regretting their decision.

 

“Maybe I should test your theory.”

 

Sana knew the threat. The threat that Eunha would hurt Tzuyu, she’d come to terms with the fact she liked the younger girl. Sana would not let Eunha hurt her, ever.

 

“Don’t touch her.”

 

“So it’s true,” Eunha continued, “You’re in love with the muggle-born.”

 

“No.”

 

“Then what is it Sana?”

 

Sana knew what had to be done, her old smirk settling on her face, “She’s too naive, too innocent. I think she’s cute, like a puppy but that’s it. She’s just a pawn in the grand scheme.”

 

Eunha cocked her head, “What scheme?”

 

“Dahyun hurt my ego, I’m using Tzuyu to make her realise what she’s missing.” Sana scoffed, forgive me Tzuyu, “Besides, do you really think I’d waste my time on a Hufflepuff? A mudblood no less.”

 

THUD

 

Sana saw Eunha’s smirk and span on her heels, heart dropping at what she saw. There stood Tzuyu - who’s books were now scattered on the floor. Tears were pricking her eyes and a look Sana had never seen before on her face. Heartbreak. Sana couldn’t speak, she just stared at her - praying her eyes could convey some form of apology. But Tzuyu didn’t see it, Momo who was with her looked at Sana with such hatred that for a moment the girl was actually afraid. But then as Tzuyu turned and fled all Sana could feel was her own heart shattering. Momo picked up Tzuyu’s forgotten books and ran after her. Ignoring the three guilty girls that hid round the corner.

 

_____

 

Tzuyu sat in the armchair in the Hufflepuff common room after being convinced to leave her bed by Momo but still refusing to go to the great hall. It had been three days since she had heard Sana say that word. The younger girl was heartbroken and the worst part was that her friends knew that it was all their fault. They had backed Sana into a corner and the result had been awful, Jihyo was smart enough to know that Nayeon would not lie to them - Nayeon had told them that Sana had long since given up pursuing Dahyun. They had all heard the threat that was made prompt Sana trying to defend Tzuyu. They never told Dahyun, Momo and Chaeyoung the truth - they couldn’t deal with how they’d react. They were the closest three to the young Hufflepuff.

 

“I brought you some food.” Momo said climbing in through the barrel entryway,

 

Tzuyu just stared at the fireplace, “I’m not hungry.”

 

Momo sighed, placing the food on the coffee table, she knelt next to her hurting friend, “Tzuyu you need to eat something. It’s been three days.”

 

“It hurts, Momo.”

 

“I know my tummy hurts too when I’m hungry….so always.”

 

Tzuyu shook her head, “My chest hurts.”

 

Momo hugged her, the usual Tzuyu would have shoved her away but this Tzuyu just let her do what she wished. It broke Momo’s heart to see her friend this way, even more when Tzuyu began to sob quietly. Tzuyu never cried, not once. She usually took each hit with all the grace she could muster and continued over the next obstacle. To see her this broken, hurt Momo deeply. She had to do something.

 

Meanwhile, at the Gryffindor table the group of girls from different houses sat in silence. Not used to the absence of their Hufflepuff friends. Jeongyeon had looked up at the Slytherin table at one point and noted how devastated Sana looked. No longer was she putting on her make-up or doing her hair, she was miserable. Nayeon caught her eye and shook her head slowly. They got up to leave and the eldest Gryffindor nearly ran after them to explain everything, but she couldn’t. The nail in the coffin was the conversation Jeongyeon then overheard from next to her between Tzuyu’s brother, Jackson, and the other Gryffindor beater, Mark.

 

“Hey dude,” Mark had begun, “Do you mind if I ask your sister to the winter dance?”

 

Jackson spat out his juice, “You do know I know what you do to those girls right?!”

 

“I wont do anything like that, man. Give me some credit!” Mark laughed,

 

“I don’t know,” Jackson sighed, “She’s been really upset lately, I can’t even get her to leave her common room.”

 

“Maybe it’ll cheer her up, give her something to look forward to.”

 

Jeongyeon couldn’t take it any more and stood up, “I need to find Sana.”

 

“Why?” Dahyun asked, the name causing disdain to fill her features,

 

Jeongyeon snapped and told them everything.

 

“So Sana only said those things to get Eunha to leave Tzuyu alone?” Chaeyoung asked,

 

“It was a huge miscalculation.” Jihyo sighed,

 

“We feel horrible.” Jeongyeon added, “They’re both so unhappy.”

 

“So lets go find Sana,” Mina suggested, “Tell her what you just told us and pray she doesn’t hex you two or Nayeon.”

 

So the group began searching for the Slytherin. Down every hallway, every empty classroom (finding a lot of couples in intimate positions). Eventually they spotted the girl in the courtyard alone, however they found her a beat too late.

 

Literally.

 

Momo had just punched her in the face.

 

Jeongyeon pulled the Hufflepuff away, “What the hell Mo?”

 

“No, I deserved that.” Sana said as she clutched her nose, letting Mina help her up,

 

“You bet your you did.” Momo growled, “First of all Dahyun is mine! I don’t share. Second of all, Tzuyu’s a mess because of you!”

 

Sana looked down, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it.” She teared up, “I just didn’t want Eunha to hurt her.”

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” Momo asked angrily,

 

Jihyo sighed, “We were trying to prove to Tzuyu that Sana had bad intentions and it back fired.”

 

Once more the story was explained and the two guilty parties looked devastated by the end.

 

“So you set me up.” Sana concluded still clutching her nose,

 

They nodded.

 

“Tzuyu hates me because of you two!” Sana snapped,

 

“You can see why they did.” Dahyun argued, defending her friends,

 

“I’m not evil. Sure I didn’t start with the most honourable intentions but still. Don’t I deserve to be loved, by someone?” Sana was crying now,

 

“We couldn’t be sure.”

 

“If I wanted to use her I would have,” Sana snapped, “I wouldn’t have made out with her I would have had her in my bedroom. I love her you idiots.”

 

“Then go find her.” Mina said,

 

“Before Mark Tuan does.”

 

“Mark? What’s he got to do with this?” Chaeyoung asked,

 

“He’s going to ask Tzuyu to the ball.”

 

“So where is she now?” Sana asked,

 

“She left the common room an hour ago.” Momo told her, feeling a bit guilty,

 

“She could be anywhere.” Jihyo sighed,

 

Sana thought for a moment before it dawned on her and she took off. She sprinted down the corridors pushing fellow students, and possibly Professor Flitwick, over. When she finally burst through the door to the astronomy tower she was panting but there she was. Tzuyu was looking out over the courtyard. Not knowing how to begin Sana chose to do what she wanted to do most in that moment, she lunged forward and hugged the other girl. Tzuyu jumped, having been so deep in thought she hadn’t noticed the new arrival - but she knew that perfume anywhere.

 

“S-Sana?”

 

“I’m sorry, Tzuyu. I didn’t mean it really!” Sana babbled trying to get it all out before Tzuyu shoved her away, “Eunha was going to hurt you and I had to make it seem like I was using you. I’m sorry for using that word it was a mistake, I love you Tzuyu really.”

 

Tzuyu didn’t respond.

 

“T-Tzuyu please say something.” Sana begged pulling away to look at her,

 

“You look like hell.” Tzuyu said,

 

“So do you.”

 

Both girls smiled slightly before Tzuyu turned serious again, “You really hurt me.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You have a lot of making up to do.”

 

“I know.”

 

“So start with this,” Tzuyu commanded lightly, “Was what you said about Dahyun true?”

 

Sana sighed, “At the beginning, but after the first time I flew with you on your broom it stopped being about Dahyun. I promise.”

 

Tzuyu was silent.

 

“A-And I swear I’ll do anything to earn your forgiveness, anything at all--”

 

Tzuyu had to shut her up somehow or she’d babble again, so she put her lips firmly on Sana’s. Pulling away after a few seconds and watching a big grin on Sana’s face.

 

“It’ll take some time,” Tzuyu told her, “But I do forgive you.”

 

“R-Really?”

 

“Yeah….you look so bad I’m worried if I don’t a bird will start living in that nest you call hair.”

 

Sana giggled and swatted at her. The couple spent the next two hours in each others embrace and when Tzuyu finally heard the full story from her friends she forgave Sana completely. After that there was no real issues for them, both were happy. Sana cut contact with all 69 of her other girls and Tzuyu began….well trying to learn how to be a girlfriend (which ended in two very different talks from both Jeongyeon and Jihyo at the same time - Tzuyu had just asked where a good place to take Sana on a date would be).

 

And the next time Eunha used the term ‘mudblood’ in relation to her girlfriend Sana knocked her flat, going all Momo on her .

 

A/N - Prompts! Prompts! Prompts! Literally anything!