Stressed pt2 (SeolTzu)

Stressed (and other Tzuyu one-shots)

Tzuyu had been given two months off following her collapse as the doctor had ordered her to rest. While she had complained at first Mina had explained to her that she should listen, she had really shaken the other members up so they wanted her to take things easy. Ever since that day the girls were waiting on their maknae hand and foot, which was nice for two days or so. After a week Tzuyu missed being ignored. She didn’t like having so many people around her at once, plus the more protective the older girls were being meant it was getting harder and harder for Tzuyu to sneak out to see Seolhyun.

 

Luckily Mina and Momo were able to cover for her.

 

Ever since that night Seolhyun had kissed her in the hotel the couple spent whatever time they could together. Not real dates mind you, mostly Tzuyu going to Seolhyun’s house and relaxing in front of the television. Tzuyu liked it that way, no stress, no drama, no one around to burst their private bubble. However, lately she found herself deeply wishing that Seolhyun would take her on a real date. Despite her outer cold demeanour Tzuyu was a girl experiencing her first love. Therefore part of her longed for romance - flowers, dinner, dressing up. Something a bit more intimate than lazy kisses on the sofa as they watched SNL Korea. She hadn’t brought it up to Seolhyun though, while Tzuyu was having time off Seolhyun was still busy and she didn’t want to add to the older woman’s stress.

 

They had both agreed that things had been easier when they had rehearsal’s as an excuse. They would be able to be out for hours before, now if Tzuyu’s members knew she went out for ‘a walk’ an hour ago they’d be blowing up her phone. Tzuyu didn’t know why she hadn’t just said she was hanging with a friend, she put it down to the fact that the other girls seemed to suspect something when they found Seolhyun in Tzuyu’s room, both girls being flustered as the older opened the door. If you add that too the odd comments made by Mina and Momo you begin to understand where the suspicion had come from. With so many eyes on them it would be impossible for Tzuyu to get the date she wanted.

 

Or so she thought.

 

From Seolhyun <3

You me date tonight at 7. I’ll pick you up, dress fancy ;) xx

 

Tzuyu nearly squealed as she read it (and would have if Chaeyoung and Dahyun weren’t sitting on their beds next to her). Sure it wasn’t the most romantic wording ever heard but it was quick and to the point, plus Tzuyu was a er for a winky face. She felt the smile spread across her face. Which caught the attention of Dahyun.

 

“...so there I was sitting---Are you even listening?”

 

Tzuyu jumped and dropped her phone on her bed, “Sorry.”

 

“Don’t apologise Tzu,” Chaeyoung said from where she was sketching on her bed, “I stopped listening ages ago.”

 

Dahyun scoffed, “Rude, you should respect your Unnie, right Tzuyu?!”

 

“Hmm, yeah sure,” Tzuyu replied getting up, “I’m going to find Mina-unnie.”

 

“She’s in Momo-unnie’s room.” Dahyun told her confused as to the maknae’s sudden departure,

 

“What’s with her?” Chaeyoung asked,

 

Dahyun shrugged before eyeing Tzuyu’s forgotten phone. She quickly dived for it and, having known Tzuyu’s password for a while now, unlocked it and read the messages on the screen.

 

 

To Seolhyun <3

How romantic xD See you then xx

 

“I knew it!” Dahyun shouted,

 

“Knew what?” Chaeyoung asked climbing down and taking the phone, “Woah! Tzuyu and Seolhyun?”

 

“Sana told me she suspected something ages ago but I thought she was exaggerating. I didn’t think Tzuyu was…that way.”

 

Chaeyoung studied her friend carefully, “Is there something wrong with that?”

 

Dahyun sighed, “I don’t know. In places like America and the UK people like that can get married, so it can’t be that bad. Plus J-Line watch those weird anime’s with that sort of stuff. But I’m a religious girl Chae. How should I feel?”

 

“Does it change anything?”

 

“Sort of,” Dahyun confessed, “I mean we’ve changed together, washed together, lived in the same room! What if all this time she’s been….y’know being gay on us.”

 

Chaeyoung huffed and rolled her eyes, “Please, Tzuyu’s still the same awkward, shy, dork she was ten minuets ago. This changes nothing. Plus, don’t flatter yourself Tzuyu’s way out of your league.”

 

“You brat!” Dahyun snapped playfully swatting at her, “Still, she’s dating before the bans up. What do we do?”

 

“I’m not sure.”

 

Both girls walked into the living room where most of the members (minus Mina, Momo and Tzuyu) were watching television. Unsure on how to even bring up what was happening Dahyun unlocked Tzuyu’s phone once more and handed it to Jeongyeon. While Jihyo was the leader Jeongyeon was the least likely to overreact straight away. The older girl looked up in question before reading over the text exchange.

 

From Seolhyun <3

Can’t wait xx

 

“What’s wrong?” Jihyo asked looking at her,

 

Jeongyeon handed her the phone, “Don’t freak out, we need to handle this carefully.”

 

Jihyo read over the messages, “You’re right.”

 

“What’s going on guys?” Sana asked looking at Dahyun,

 

Dahyun sighed, “You were right about Tzuyu and Seolhyun, they’re planning a date tonight.”

 

Sana shook her head, “I knew it.”

 

“You knew Tzuyu was…….like that.” Nayeon asked,

 

“Well yes but I meant about her and Seolhyun, I had a feeling.”

 

“You knew Tzuyu was ga--” Chaeyoung started saying,

 

“Don’t say it.” Jihyo sighed, “Let me get my head around it first.”

Tzuyu was like a little sister to Jihyo. The older girl never really had much exposure to these sorts of things, she didn’t really know how to react.

 

“She confessed to me a few months ago,” Sana sighed causing everyone to look at her in shock, “I told her that she was too young to know for sure and that I didn’t feel the same way.”

 

Jeongyeon slowly put the pieces together, “Is that why you both stopped talking?”

 

Sana nodded.

 

Jihyo sent a text to Momo from Tzuyu’s phone, it would give Tzuyu and idea as to why they wanted to talk to her rather than having her go in blind. Despite the curve-ball Jihyo knew Tzuyu was a smart girl, she wouldn’t let her relationship with a…a girl get out into the media. She’d been able to hide it from Jihyo who had been watching her like a hawk, the public would be no problem. It was just that Jihyo wanted to make sure Tzuyu wasn’t being taken advantage of by an older woman. After a tense moment the door opened and Mina walked out tentatively.

 

“Where is she?” Nayeon asked,

 

“I told her I’d come to see you all first,” Mina told them, “I’m not letting her put herself in a potentially detrimental situation.”

 

“I just want to give her a hug.” Chaeyoung confessed, “I just wish she’d told me herself.”

 

Mina smiled at her, “Tzuyu’s freaking out a bit at the moment, but after you can.”

 

“How long have you and I suppose Momo known?” Jihyo asked,

 

“Since before Tzuyu and Seolhyun performed.”

 

“She told you she and Seolhyun were together?”

 

“No,” Mina replied, “She told us about Sana and that she had feelings for Seolhyun. She was in a bad way.”

 

Jeongyeon looked up, “How so?”

 

“Well she was sick with no one believing her, she’d lost her best friend, miles away from her Mum and Dad, feeling things that she’s been told shouldn’t be felt and she hadn’t eaten in a while. Tzuyu was a mess.”

 

The group were silent for a moment, letting guilt flood them as it had done every time they saw their precious maknae.

 

“So when did they become a thing?” Sana asked,

 

“In the hotel after Tzuyu collapsed, they’ve been sneaking out since then.”

 

Nayeon sighed, “I don’t know what to say.”

 

“Me neither.” Jeongyeon added quietly,

 

“It’s wrong.” Nayeon said, “I love Tzuyu but she’s….she’s not like that. She must be confused.”

 

Mina glared at her, “No, she’s not. Let me phrase it like this: Tzuyu’s been sad for a very long time. Her friends had seemingly ditched her and she felt so alone but had nobody to talk to. Then, as if out of the blue, a PERSON came along and made her feel loved and accepted and safe. A person who would sit with her for hours massaging her shoulder because she was stressed, who didn’t judge her for who she had loved, who didn’t treat her like a kid. Boy or girl this person made Tzuyu happy. So happy that Tzuyu spent the last fifteen minuets gushing about them like a love-sick school girl….as she should. Seolhyun makes her happy. If God or society or anyone else thinks that falling in love with a PERSON who makes you happy is sick or twisted then they’re wrong. Because what matters most to me is my friends happiness.”

 

Sana looked at Mina with meaning in her gaze, “And is she happy?”

 

Mina smiled, “The happiest I’ve seen since…..”

 

“Yeah,” Jihyo breathed out not wanting to bring that time up, “We still need to talk to her, I want to make sure that Seolhyun is treating her okay. She’s quite a bit older than Tzuyu.”

 

“That’s your only problem?” Nayeon scoffed,

 

“Enough, Nayeon.” Jihyo snapped, “Whether she loves a man, woman or an alien as long as she’s being taken care of and she’s happy I’ll support her.”

 

“Agreed.” Jeongyeon sighed before looking at Mina, “Could you go get her?”

 

Mina nodded and disappeared for moment before returning with Momo, who was letting Tzuyu clutch her arm in a vice like grip. All the girls felt guilty for how scared she looked, so once they had stopped Chaeyoung flew forward and hugged her fellow maknae tightly. Whispering to her that it was okay, that they weren’t mad. The shorter girl felt Tzuyu slump slightly with relief as she nervously hugged back. After pulling away, Jihyo opened her arms with a small smile and Tzuyu flew into them. Mina and Momo smiled at the exchange, they both knew that the maknae looked up to Jihyo and her opinion mattered the most.

 

“Tzuyu, we need to talk. We’re not mad that you’re seeing a w-woman but we are concerned about the .”

 

“Speak for yourself.” Nayeon snapped,

As Tzuyu flinched into Jihyo’s arms the leader glared at the eldest, “Unnie with all due respect, you don’t have to like it and you don’t have to agree with it. You don’t even have to see it if you don’t want to, but you have to accept that this is the way it is. Tzuyu loves a woman, the end.”

 

Nayeon sighed, she didn’t have any mean intent - she just didn’t understand, “I’m sorry Tzu, but it’s going to take some time to get my head around this.”

 

“Me too.” Dahyun muttered quietly,

 

“Then you’re both excused.” Jihyo told them sternly,

 

As they left the room Tzuyu was brought to sit next to Jihyo on the couch, “We want to meet Seolhyun, just to make sure that everything’s all on the up and up.”

 

“It’s not that we don’t trust you,” Jeongyeon explained putting her arm round her, “Boyfriend or girlfriend we gotta make sure they’re not going to hurt our baby.”

 

Tzuyu giggled and Mina and Momo exchanged another smile. Everything was going to be okay.

 

______

 

Tzuyu stood in front of the mirror, wearing the tenth outfit Mina, Momo and Chaeyoung had chosen for her. Tzuyu’s stomach was turning as it got closer and closer to seven. When she had stepped out of the basement’s dressing room the three other girls froze. Tzuyu was a girl who was naturally stunning, this was a fact well known to most. But when she came out in that dress she had reached a whole new level of beauty.

 

It was funny because nobody could quite understand how Tzuyu didn’t realise how beautiful she was. But yet there she stood with a shy smile on her face as she nervously asked how she looked. Like in a romcom montage scene the trio held a thumbs up and Tzuyu’s small smile became a grin. It was just a simple short, black dress that showed off her legs. But as the other girls began to do her make-up and hair they all kept saying that Seolhyun would be unable to take her eyes of her. They all heard the doorbell go and had to hold Tzuyu still after she began to get nervous again.

 

Upstairs Seolhyun had just been let in by Sana who led her quickly over to where Jihyo and Jeongyeon stood. She was made to sit in the chair in front of them and could feel the interrogation coming. She knew that Tzuyu and her fellow members viewed these two as the Umma and Appa of Twice so despite both girls being younger than herself Seolhyun knew that they were in charge. Both hand their arms folded across their chests. She vaguely saw Sana join the other two who were totally-not-listening-from-the-doorway.

 

“So Seolhyun,” Jihyo began, “We understand you wish to take Tzuyu on a date.”

 

“Yes Jihyo-ah.”

 

“At the moment it’s Jihyo-nim to you!”

 

“Yes Jihyo-nim.”

 

“Where are you taking her?” Jeongyeon asked,

 

“To a five star restaurant in Gangnam-gu.”

 

“Will you be noticed?”

 

“I have booked a private table at the very back of the restaurant so we wont be noticed. If anyone asks we’re there as friends having gotten close after the last special stage.”

 

Jihyo hummed, “As you know Tzuyu is our youngest, we feel a need to protect her the most. You’re quite a bit older than her, so you can imagine we’d have some concerns.”

 

Seolhyun, having expected this, nodded.

 

“What are your intentions with our maknae?” Jeongyeon asked,

 

Seolhyun thought for a second before replying, “I just want to take Tzuyu out on a date she deserves. Dinner, music and maybe a walk around Han River. I promise I only have innocent intentions for tonight.”

 

“Have you kissed her?” Jihyo asked threateningly,

 

Seolhyun knew the correct answer to this, “No, Jihyo-nim.”

 

“Good, no touching.” Jihyo told her,

 

“What about a friendly fist bump?” Seolhyun decided to test her luck,

 

“No fist bumps or bumping of any kind!” Jihyo snapped,

 

Seolhyun couldn’t lie, these new rules were getting her mischievous side excited. Before she could tempt fate any further the trio heard footsteps and turned to see Tzuyu walking towards them. As cheesy as it sounded Seolhyun’s jaw dropped at the sight. She immediately got up and walked towards the younger girl, who was looking shy again.

 

“You look amazing.” She told her quietly, carefully not touching her just in case Appa-Jihyo killed her before the date had even begun,

 

Tzuyu blushed, “Thank you, so do you.”

 

Seolhyun was also wearing a simple dress, hers was a little bit longer that Tzuyu’s however….which Jihyo immediately realised.

 

“Tzuyu baby, you look amazing but where’s the rest of it?” Jihyo asked,

 

“C’mon Jihyo, let’s leave them to it.” Jeongyeon said gently pulling the other girl from the room,

 

“No--Jeongyeon----NO!---TZUYU! MAKE GOOD CHOICES!”

 

Then (as far as the pair knew) they were alone. Tzuyu blushed as Seolhyun visibly looked her over before meeting her eyes and pulling her into a hug. What neither girl could see was that Jihyo had eight other girls stopping her from protecting her maknae’s sweet virtue. Jihyo’s words not author-nim’s.

 

“You really do look beautiful.”

 

“So do you, but we should leave soon….pretty sure Jihyo has the place bugged.”

 

“Agreed.” Seolhyun said pecking her nose and releasing her,

 

As the Tzuyu grabbed her coat and the couple left Jihyo was finally released. The group spilled into the living room (Chaeyoung and Momo gushing about how cute they were). Jihyo was pacing back and fourth, she had told Tzuyu she was to be home by ten and no later but now she regretted not making it eight……or seven thirty. A half hour date would have been long enough to eat and say goodbye with a mutual handshake, right?

 

“Jihyo.” Jeongyeon called getting the leaders attention, “Let’s follow them.”

 

Jihyo grinned.

 

______

 

Soon Tzuyu and Seolhyun were sat in the back of a beautiful five star restaurant in Gangnam-gu. They spent their time chatting about anything and everything they could think of. Seolhyun insured Tzuyu had ordered more than enough food - she was still shaken up following Tzuyu’s collapse. It was more than a pleasant evening…..luckily they hadn’t noticed the group of girls watching them for the other side of the restaurant. And Mina who had only joined to make sure they didn’t ruin Tzuyu’s date. They could see the date going well and all were happy for their precious maknae, even those who had yet to truly understand. They watched as Seolhyun got some sort of sauce on her face and Tzuyu reached forward to wipe it off. Jihyo was content that they were limiting their skinship as to not attract any attention. In fact any passer-by would assume the duo to be nothing but close friends.

 

But once she realised that Seolhyun had her hand placed on Tzuyu’s bare knee to compensate for the lack of touching, Jihyo had to be restrained again…..as did Jeongyeon.

 

Once the meal was finished and Seolhyun had paid the bill the duo left the restaurant and went to walk along the Han River (this time wearing masks). It was dark out so the couple were completely unaware of the group following them from a safe distance. Most of them wearing masks….and Momo who wore a fake nose as glasses.

 

“Mina said bring a disguise!”

 

As they sat on a bench by the river Tzuyu saw Seolhyun shiver and quickly removed her jacket to place it on the elder one’s shoulders. This cause the group to ‘aww’ they all knew that Tzuyu hated being cold. Jeongyeon’s heart swelled with pride at the perfect gentleman Tzuyu was being. For Nayeon and Dahyun, both found it interesting how….normal the date was. Sure it could easily be perceived as two friends having a night out but it was more than that. The mood, the feeling, the way Tzuyu looked at Seolhyun: it all made the two girls realise that, boy or girl, their maknae had fallen in love. How could they be against that?

 

Jihyo knew the two girls were holding hands but chose to let it slide just this once….until Seolhyun lowered her mask and pecked Tzuyu’s cheek and then she was restrained a third time.

 

Sana just found herself thinking of what if’s. What if she had taken Tzuyu’s confession seriously? Would she be in Seolhyun’s place right now? Maybe it was a good thing she hadn’t said yes, sure she had deeply hurt their maknae but the end result appeared to be a much better outcome. Now Tzuyu was happy, really happy and Sana would be a bad unnie if she went against that.

 

As Jihyo’s watched beeped the girls realised it was nearly ten and so they all scrambled back to the dorm to await Tzuyu and act completely un-suspicious. So they sat and waited……..and waited……and waited until Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon were about to go track down and kill Seolhyun for keeping their maknae out past twelve. As they neared the door however, they heard talking from down the hallway. Nayeon cracked the door open and the girls gathered to eavesdrop on the couple now approaching the door. They stopped in front and Seolhyun smiled at Tzuyu.

 

“Thanks for tonight,” Tzuyu said with a shy smile, “I had a great time.”

 

“Me too, despite the interrogation at the beginning.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, “Sorry about that they’re just…protective.”

 

“That’s not a bad thing.” Seolhyun smiled before moving to remove Tzuyu’s coat from her shoulders, “Your coat!”

 

“Keep it for a while.” Tzuyu said stopping her, “Looks better on you anyway.”

 

Seolhyun grinned, “How cheesy.” She pecked Tzuyu’s cheek, “Thank you.”

 

Tzuyu smirked, “Not good enough.”

 

She leaned forward and placed her lips on Seolhyun’s, moving her own in sync the older girl placed her arms round Tzuyu’s neck while the younger girl had her own on the elders waist. They didn’t register the ‘aww’ noise but they weren’t really focusing on anything else. Just before Seolhyun could try and slip her tongue in for girls felt something heavy and cold cover them. They sprang apart instantly and found they were covered in white foam.

 

“You looked like you needed to cool down.” Jihyo said unapologetically, holding the fire extinguisher in her hands, “Tzuyu bed now.”

 

Tzuyu knew there was a threat there so she quickly ran inside, “Bye.”

 

“Bye Tzu.”

 

Jihyo sent Seolhyun a harsh look, fire growing at the sight of her maknae’s lipstick on someone else’s lips, “Don’t make me call Jimin.”

 

A look of horror covered the older girl’s face, “Later Jihyo-nim!” She shouted sprinting down the hallway and leaving a trail of foam behind her,

 

“That’s what I thought.” Jihyo replied blowing the nozzle of the fire extinguisher as one would usually blow a smoking gun.

 

A/N - Aaaaand there’s the sequel! I’m considering turning this book into Tzuyu one-shots, I don’t know. I’ll think it over. Hope you enjoyed!