11 Strawberry Cheesecake

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung went to the boot, carrying something and opened the door from Yiseol’s side while she was still blanking out.

With a pair of sneakers on his hand, he eyed her feet and her high heels. In his memories, she never wore heels that high in the past, let alone to walk on the undeveloped rocky site.

He handed her the sneakers, “Change into this.”

“Why? Where are we going?” She looked like a lost rabbit in the forest.

Seeing her being alerted with him, he bent over and wanted to take off her shoes, but she avoided him. He would never let anyone wear his shoes, not even helped someone to wear them.

“Site visit,” he said, but Yiseol demanded an explanation. He continued, “You can give some suggestions on the development in the aspect of marketing or get inspirations for the coming promotions.”

Yiseol couldn’t think of anything else to retort and changed into his sneakers. Her feet was definitely a lot smaller than his, so he tied the shoelaces tighter and made sure it didn’t come off her feet easily.

On the other hand, Yiseol was totally surprised by his bold moves. This Jinyoung wasn’t the man that she knew of, but she couldn’t move when he approached closer. Staring at the attentive man, she thought she was still in her dream.

Jinyoung carefully placed her high heels on one side and turned around to let her get off the car. He walked towards the group of people.

Yiseol grabbed her notebook and followed behind them.

The group of architects and engineers were surprised to see Yiseol’s appearance since she came on the same car with the director of the company. Apart from being surprised, they greeted the director and Jinyoung nodded back.

The meeting started with the architects introducing their drawings and images from the schematic design stage. The site had already planned out by zoning and functionality while the concept they presented had represented what the Park’s Group and Impo Corporation’s wanted.

Yiseol took notes of the important information that she missed out from the brief that she was sent or mostly the latest information that just been designed not long ago.

After that, they went for a walk throughout the site, with Jinyoung walking at the front while the others followed behind him.

Thankfully, Yiseol had changed into his sneakers. The road was uneven and dusty. She couldn’t walk if she was still in her high heels.

They had walked through half of the site where the future hot spring centre would be built on.

“That’s it for today,” the site visit tour ended after one and a half hour and they were ready to leave, “Mark will follow up on my behalf.”

Yiseol changed back to her high heels as she entered the car. Then, she placed his sneakers neatly beside his feet, “thank you.”

“You are welcome,” he checked the time and told Mark to go for lunch.

She thought he would bring her back to her office before going for lunch, but not too long later, the car had stopped in front of a building. It was an Italian restaurant and Jinyoung had already gone in.

Was she going to wait for her outside? She didn’t want to embarrass herself by following the man, neither she wanted to be with him longer.

Yet, Mark opened her side of the car door and signalled her to go into the restaurant.

Things weren’t going to work out like this. Even only being with him for two hours, she felt like she had spent all of her energy. Neither she wanted to face him alone like this in the future.

She had no idea what he wanted from her since they had separated from each other for five years. Literally, they had nothing to do with each other anymore although she couldn’t forget about him.

Hence, she decided to be the one who quitted first in their relationship and she didn’t want him back to her life again. She knew he hated the person who didn’t listen to his word, which could be seen when she told him to divorce.

It just a meal. She didn’t have to make it like a punishment for both of them.

She should try to ignore him and only answered things regarding the project. Everything would go back in place after the project ended.

Making up her mind, she went into the restaurant.

The Italian restaurant was nicely furnished in bricks, hanging some Italian style paintings on the wall.

Jinyoung had already sitting in a specialised room on the second floor with a nice view of the beautiful view since the restaurant was located on mid-range of a mountain.

Soft Italian music was playing in the background. By looking at Jinyoung’s figures, she thought he was perfect in the picturesque view.

The manager of the restaurant led her to the seat next to Jinyoung. After passing her the menu, he left the room. Mark wasn’t in sight and there were only two of them in the room.

It was more awkward than they were in the car.

“What do you want to eat?” he started the conversation.

She put her full attention on the menu, completely ignored the man.

He shot up his head since he didn’t hear the lady’s reply. Even just silently reading, her side profile was mesmerising.

The restaurant manager came in after a good long 5 minutes and ready to take their orders. He started by the lady, “Mrs Park.”

Yiseol was alarmed by his form of address since no outsider knew about their marriage.

“Sorry, I am not Mrs Park,” she stated calmly.

The manager scanned at the man and the latter signalled him to go ahead.

“I am sorry, miss,” he continued, “What would you like to have today?”

“It’s alright,” she smiled and turned to Jinyou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter