01 The Accident

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Coffee,” the man on the bed commanded.

The woman poured him a glass of water and passed it to him, “The doctor said you can’t drink coffee before your wound is recovered.”

The man ignored her comment and drank the water, “How was Minkyung? Did she hurt?”

She slightly pulled the white curtains apart and let the sunlight shone into the room. It warmed the room a bit but not her heart. Holding back her grouse, she looked out of the window and replied, “No, she wasn’t hurt. She is fine.”

The first thing he said when he woke up was the name that she would want to hear the least. She knew he was hurt because of the accident he and his first love had gotten into. She was happy that he was fine but the disappointment that she wasn't affecting him a tiny bit hit her hard. He didn’t even ask if she was good the previous day when he wasn’t with her.

After taking in a deep breath, the smell of medicine wasn’t getting her loosen a bit. So she walked up to the table which placed a bunch of fresh rose and carnation posy, taking it to the attached washroom and changed the water for the flower. It felt like flowers were the only thing that could calm her down.

“Glad to hear that,” he said as his eyes weren’t looking at her at all, sticking to his tablet and continued his job.

She was trying to find a topic to talk with him, but it seemed like he was busy while he should be resting instead of working after the accident. That’s the awkward moment when all she did was just stare at him.

The two of them stayed in the awkward until the knock on the door broke the silence. “Jinyoung-ah,” Jackson greeted him after opened the door, “Hi, Yiseol.”

“Good morning, Dr Wang,” the woman nodded and answered. She could call Jackson by his name but she hadn’t done so. They had only met twice before – the first time during their wedding and the second time was yesterday when Jinyoung was sent to the hospital.

“Jinyoung-ah, how do you feel?” Jackson came in with a nurse to check on Jinyoung’s condition.

“Getting better now.” Jinyoung smiled at his friend. That smile that never showed in front of her for once and she was hoping for all the time, he could do it so easy for other people around him.

“Let’s see…” Jackson took a pause to look at the machine and the infusion of nutrients on his left hand, “Everything should be good. You are recovering fast.”

“When can I get discharged?” Jinyoung asked.

“Relax, Jinyoung-ah. You have to rest well. Don’t worry about the company. Mark knows what to do before you are fully recovered,” Jackson said, “Why don’t take this time to rest a bit and bond with Yiseol? You know you’ve been so busy all the time.”

Red flush wore upon Yiseol’s cheeks. Even his friend knew what’s wrong with the marriage, why could he not see her at all?

“Apple,” he commanded again after Jackson left the room. Yiseol was deep in her thought and didn’t hear his demand. He repeated again, “Yiseol, apple.”

“Hmm? Sorry for?” Yiseol turned to him. (#A/N: ‘Apology’ & ‘Apple’ sounds the same in Korean.)

“Apple,” he repeated again while pointing to the fruit basket. Yiseol looked at the fruit basket and nodded in embarrassment. She took out an apple and started to peel the skin off.

That’s his wife. How could she be so cute when in confusion?

His parents came and visited him for a bit after that. Jinyoung’s father demanded to talk to him alone in the room while his mother and Yiseol faced each other on the aisle.

“Yiseol-ah, what happened? Why would Jinyoung get into an accident?” Jinyoung’s mother asked, full of worries but mad.

“Uhm… Mother,” Yiseol was thinking how to answer so it didn’t sound inappropriate, “I don’t know. He was in the car with Ms Kim.”

“Ms Kim? Kim Minkyung?” She got angrier with the person mentioned, “How dare is she trying to get back with our Jinyoung again?”

“Don’t be mad, mother,” Yiseol was trying to comfort the lady so it didn’t worsen her health condition but it didn’t help. She couldn’t control her madness.

“And you too,” Jinyoung’s mother started her speech, “What have you done in these three years? I have never agreed on Jinyoung to marry you. I knew you are just after our money. I don’t mind as long as you born us a child, but look, it has been three years and you are not even pregnant once, not even getting a good relationship with Jinyoung and he is getting back to that vixen. Don’t you even know how to catch your husband’s heart, you idiot?”

At the same time, the door opened and Jinyoung’s father came out. “Stop it, Yeonhee.”

“Father,” Yiseol bowed and greeted while Jinyoung’s mother looked extremely unhappy.

“Yiseol, take care of Jinyoung well,” he commanded. He is the current CEO of the Park’s Group. Although he is in his fifties, he still looking good and being charismatic. Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter