06 Ever Familiar

Silent Love (I'm sorry)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeungWan sat in the chair amongst the sea of patients, waiting for his turn. He was nervous about the report he was going to get. In his heart, he wishes it isn’t anything bad. Yet, deep down, he knows it won’t be good either. He looks on the floor, looking at the number of people that walk by him. As time passes, he was getting more nervous. Until a pair of feet stops before her, SeungWan looks up to a bubbly looking nurse.

“Mr Son SeungWan, you may enter now.” The nurse dressed in her pink scrubs said with a smile, carrying her clipboard in her arms. “Please follow me.” The nurse added, which SeungWan easily complies. SeungWan quietly follows behind, being the observant person that he is, he made a lot of observations.

Contrasting to the atmosphere, where one either cries in grieve due to loss or looks as if their world had reached an end. The nurse surely gives offs a very positive vibe, especially in a place like this. Humming to a joyful tune, skipping lightly in her feet. Her smile felt like a thousand voltage, clearing all the nervousness he had felt a moment ago. Recalling the name tag on her scrub a while ago, SeungWan smile lightly and shook his head.

“You sure is living up to your name.” SeungWan commented.

“I am, aren’t I? Thank you!” The nurse turns over, smiling brightly at him upon hearing his comment.

Within just a few lines exchanged, they arrive at the door of the doctor. The nervousness which he came to forgotten came creeping back up his spine. He gulped down his saliva when the nurse knocked on the door.

“Come in!” A voice from inside shouted. As the doors open, both exchanged their greeting before SeungWan sat down on the seat. His nervousness turns into impatience. He looks at the doctor in front of him, before the doctor could say anything, SeungWan just spilt his thoughts out.

“Get straight to the point, Doctor…”

The doctor’s expression change in the instant. Originally, he was an all smiles. But now the doctor gave off a much heavier presence. A much serious atmosphere…

“Then I will get to the point… Mr Son, there is a mass of tissue in your brain.” The doctor said as he turns his computer monitor towards SeungWan. It was his MRI scan result. The doctor then moves his cursor towards the mass of tissue he was referring to.

“Judging from it, it seems to be a benign tumour. This means it is not cancer… Yet, I would not relax if I were you. A tumour in this place will affect your vision greatly. And looking at its position, you must have been suffering from headaches for long, am I right?”

SeungWan eyes widen at the doctor’s comment. Without SeungWan saying anything, the doctor knew he has hit the bullseye.

“The mass has been applying pressure on your blood vessel, it’s the reason for your headaches. Mr Son, I highly recommend you undergo a--”

Anticipating what the doctor was going to say, all the risks regarding the surgery ran through his mind. Just at the thought of it, SeungWan knew the answer to the doctor’s request.

“I would have to decline your offer, doctor…” SeungWan said calmly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter