19 Maybe...

Silent Love (I'm sorry)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Irene is Joohyun… She is Joohyun.” SeungWan laughed at himself in disbelief. Why did he realize it only now? Everything was so obvious, he should have known. “Hyun…”
--

After washing the used cutleries, ChoRong cut up some fruits as desserts for everyone. As she was slicing up the last piece of watermelon, Joohyun realizes ChoRong had set it aside on another plate. When Joohyun was about to ask why did ChoRong separate the fruits, ChoRong was one step before her.

“Could you help me bring it to Wan?”

“Erm… S-sure…” Joohyun replied as she picks up the fruit platter for SeungWan from the countertop.

Eunji who overheard the little conversation between them, chuckle at Joohyun’s reply, “Why do you sound so lack of confidence? Aren’t you his girlfriend? Not like he will eat you up or something?” His sarcastic remark earned him a deadly glare from his lover.

ChoRong’s gaze turns soft as she turns to face Joohyun. “His room is on the second floor, to the left, the one at the extreme end. Spend some time with him, Wan will understand…”

--

Standing right at the doorstep, Joohyun felt incredibly nervous. How should she start the conversation? Her thoughts are all jumbled up. Yet, before she could sort out her mind, the sound of something hit the floor send her flying into the room. She glances around the room only to see SeungWan clutching onto his head in pain with a mug laying near his feet on his bed.

“S-Seung-SeungWan-ah!” Joohyun drops the serving of fruits in her hand and ran to his side. She had never seen this side of SeungWan before. Had he always been in so much pain? Why did she not realize it sooner?

“There are my pills in the nightstand drawer, could you get me one of the many bottles? Anyone of it will do.” SeungWan struggles to say the sentence, bearing the pain at the back of his head. Without ado, Joohyun pulls open the drawer and passed one of the bottles to him. She then proceeds to pick up the mug and poured him another cup of water. When she turns around, she could only see SeungWan struggling to pour the right dosage onto his open palm with his trembling hand. It seems like he didn’t care about the dosage anymore as she saw him swallow down 5-6 pills before he sprawls across his bed.

She had never seen SeungWan in such battered stage, her tears flow at the sight of it. She walks up and sat next to him, clutching the mug tightly in her hands. The suffocating silence engulfed the room with neither speaking. SeungWan was still whimpering slightly, trying to get the pain out of his head. Joohyun carefully pulled SeungWan up to the sitting position and hands the mug over to him.

“I-I-I will get you a new serving of fruits.” Joohyun tries to excuse herself. Not that she wanted to leave SeungWan side, just that… She wanted to face SeungWan after composing her feelings and ironing her thoughts. She wanted to remain strong in front of him. But SeungWan seems to want otherwise as he took a grip on her scarred wrist before she left the side.

“Hyun…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter