Could I?

A Tear Is A Tear

It had been at least a week since mingyu had left to go to the orphanage and wonwoo wasn’t coping well. Not only had he lost his best friend but he had also lost a long time crush which wonwoo would never admit to. Wonwoo made his way to school like he used to but this time minus mingyu. He hoped to see him at school. When he arrived, instead of finding Mingyu, he found a new tall guy with long hair, at first he thought it was a girl. When Wonwoo walked over to him. The boy looked up with sparkling eyes and a bright smile. “You’re in my friend’s seat” Wonwoo angrily spoke. “Oh I’m sorry but the teacher said that the person who used to sit here won’t be coming back. I’m sorry.” Wonwoo’s eyes filled with tears that wouldn’t stop running down his checks, making him run out the door.

 

Wonwoo didn’t stop running. His feet ached and he knew his mum was trying to find him but he just could bring himself to a halt. The tall guy with long hair chased after him but didn’t succeed in getting too far, as he’s usually lazy it didn’t help him much either. Wonwoo ran past the orphanage and finally stopped to see a familiar shape sitting on the window sill of the top floor, young, lost, Mingyu sat there, head in a pillow whimpering words slightly understandable. His head parted away from his pillow when Wonwoo screamed his name. Mingyu thought it was his imagination because he had told himself that he would never hear that voice again but that thought was interrupted by another scream of his name. Mingyu looked down from his high window to see a tear covered face that only he could recognise. Wonwoo began to cry more but before mingyu could speak a word of emotions, out of no where Jeonghan ran towards Wonwoo and wrapped him into a hug. Mingyu began to tear up but that wasn’t possible for him so he just responded from his window “I see you have moved on. It’s ok, I always knew I wasn’t good enough for you.” Mingyu moved away from the window and closed the curtains.

 

—— Ring — Ring —— Wonwoo felt his pocket vibrating. It was Jeonghan calling. Before wonwoo could say anything that had happened, Jeonghan was on his way over. Wonwoo was scared that Jeonghan was going to yell at him for sure, knowing that he knocked out his roommate for no apparent reason. Well, technically he did have a clear reason why but jeonghan wasn’t going to take it for an answer so Wonwoo placed the bat on the ground and tried to move Mingyu but when he placed his hand under his head a soggy feeling covered it. Wonwoo moved his hand out from under his head only to find it covered in blood.

 

“Get off me,” Wonwoo spoke as he pushed Jeonghan away from him. Jeonghan separated them only to quickly cover his ears to block out Wonwoo’s screaming. Wonwoo wouldn’t stop screaming out Mingyu’s name until Miss Tanya made her way out of the orphanage. “You kids better shut up before I call your parents.” She looked at the two boys in anger until she noticed one of them. her face grew much more ugly before she screamed jeonghan’s name. Jeonghan grabbed wonwoos hand and made a run for it even though he was usually always lazy, he could definitely run away from that crazy lady. When the two had stopped running jeonghan feel to the ground, heavily breathing, and sounding like he was going to die. “Why did you run away from that woman” wonwoo tried to speak but, his heavy breathing stopped him from talking properly “Miss Tanya, she would have held you hostage and lied to the police about where you are but, the main question who was that boy” jeonghan didn’t like to talk about Miss Tanya much so only few words were good enough. “That was my friend, my best friend, one that no person on earth could forget and, you ruined my only chance of seeing him again, this is all your ing fault  if you weren’t so—“ jeonghan placed his hand over wonwoo’s mouth “ my name is Yoon Jeonghan”.

 

Wonwoo started to freak out, he quickly checked mingyu’s pulse he was still alive but at this rate not for long. —— knock — knock —— jeonghan was at the door wonwoo screamed alerting jeonghan who immediately kicked down the door. Wonwoo looked up in shock firstly because the lazy dude just kicked down a door that was like really heavy and secondly because his facial expression was quite weird. “ what the happened here” wonwoo couldn’t speak then jeonghan noticed the blood quickly thinking he grabbed his phone and rang the ambulance. Jeonghan helped wonwoo move mingyu up against the wall wonwoo then took off his shirt and wrapped it around mingyu’s head, they then awaited for the ambulance to arrive. 

 

“on your marks get set gooooo,” mingyu screamed before racing off down a massive hill, wonwoo right behind him. Mingyu was in front wasting all his energy whilst wonwoo decided to walk down the hill as he knew that they would be running back up it, mingyu made it to the bottom first he was puffed out and had a massive stitch. Wonwoo on the other hand was perfectly fine he lost a little breath but he was good “are you coming,” wonwoo asked already running up the hill “no please wait for ugh I’m coming” mingyu managed to speak words of puffed out speech. Mingyu ran to catch up to wonwoo and didn’t notice the root from the bottom of a tree and, tripped over it cutting his leg wide open. Mingyu screamed and wonwoo turned around from his track to see what had happened but, to his surprise he found a blood drenched mingyu who was crying on scene. “ what happened” wonwoo shouted as he ran down to mingyu, “firstly your not supposed to swear and, secondly are you blind that tree root thing hurt me” mingyu laughed at what he said but wonwoo didn’t. The next thing mingyu knew wonwoo had taken off his shirt and wrapped it around his leg and, mingyu couldn’t help but stare at the miraculous sight right in his line of view ‘I can never forget this sight even if I go blind I think I— wait what nooooo”. 

 

“Kim Mingyu, I swear I know that name”.

 

A/N: sorry guys this chapter is so odd I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t wanna read any further than this. I was listening to simple by woozi whilst writing this for some reason it gives me a lot of inspiration. I’m so weird in case you didn’t already know so I want to thank you for reading this. Leave a comment if you wish and once again thank you for reading.