Smile!

A Tear Is A Tear

Jeonghan jumped out of his window and began to run to Soohyes house. It was very cold and extremely dark which took up a lot of the very small amount of time Jeonghan had left. He ran past Wonwoos house on the way but he didn’t stop because, after reading what Soohye wrote he couldn’t stop.

 

Soohye was about to get in the car when she noticed a very exhausted Jeonghan running towards her. 

“SOOHYE, PLEASE WAIT!”

“Jeonghan, you ran, I feel special”

“Soohye” Jeonghan finally stopping in front of her.

“Yeah”

“Gimme a sec………… ok” Jeonghan took a deep breath before grabbing Soohyes hand and pulling her closer to him. Before she could react he lifted up her chin and placed his lips on hers closing the small gap between them. Soohye stood shocked but soon closed her eyes like it was a kiss goodbye. 

“I love you too” Jeonghan spoke after awhile.

“If only you said so earlier”

“Please, don’t go Soohye,”

“I promise I will one day see you again my Jeonghan, I love you” Soohye softy smiled before getting in the car. Soohye closed the door and put down the window only to see Jeonghan wiping away his tears.

“Don’t cry over me, your face is to pretty for tears of sadness”

“Soohye, please don’t leave me!” Soohye reached her hand out the window and wiped away a tear that was running down Jeonghans cheek.

“Look after yourself and remember, to smile” after those words the car drove away and Jeonghan fell to his knees and began to cry into his hands.

 

A little teddy bear sat on Wonwoos window sill all alone and sad. Wonwoo was in the middle of some homework when he felt he needed to go take a look at the bear. Wonwoo looked at it in confusion where’d he get it from, why did he put it there, why does it look so sad? Wonwoo opened the curtains behind it and then turned it around to face the window. “ why don’t you smile?” Wonwoo questioned the bear.

“You look so sad. Do you need a name? Probably, well how’s……… hmmmm M-M-M Mingyu! Yes Mingyu!” Wonwoo said as he hugged the bear.

“Now, smile! Come on, smile for me. Maybe, your missing something or someone?” Wonwoo paced back an forth trying to work out something to say. 

“Ah, I got it. One day I will find him again for you no matter what!”

 

“Mingyu?” Jisoo started as he stood outside the door.

“I know that you must be hurting but please answer me!”

“Hey, uh Mingyu I’m sorry about before” Jeonghan started.

“WHAT DID YOU DO!” Jisoo yelled at Jeonghan.

“I said, well ah I don’t know what I said exactly!”

“Wait, What! Speak words that make sense” Jisoo complained.

“I DONT KNOW! I SAID ALOT OF STUFF!” Jeonghan yelled back.

“WHAT OS YOUR PROBLEM?”

“MAYBE YOUR FRIEND SHOULD JUST STAY PUT NEXT TIME?”

“SERIOUSLY, SHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?”

“ITS THAT GUY IN THE ROOMS PROBLEM NOT MINE”

“OH SHUT UP, YOUR SAYING NON SENSE!”

“ YOU JISOO!”

“YOU REALLY ARE A BASTARD JEONGHAN!”

“OH WOW, YOU MUST BE SERIOUSLY ED IN THE HEAD!”

“ME! WHY DONT YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR! RIGHT~ YOU BREAK ‘EM ALL!”

“!”

“WORST COMEBACK SVER DICKHEAD!”

“THERES NOTHING TO COME BACK AT BUT BULL!”

“YEAH EXACTLY WHAT YOU’RE SAYING!”

“SHUT THE UP YOU TO!” Wonwoo finally interrupted.

“YOU LITERALLY JUST TURNED IT AGAINST YOURSELVES INSTEAD OF THINKING ABOUT MINGYU!”

“WONWOO SHUT UP THIS ISNT YOUR FIGHT!” Jeonghan replied.

“REALLY ING SMART JEONGHAN PUSH AWAY YOUR ONLY FRIEND!” Suddenly another scream came from behind the door, claiming silence over the argument. 

 

‘I’m terrible Wonwoo. I hurt you because of my pain so I had to leave and the worst part is that I love you to. I just want you to smile, please don’t worry about me you have your own life to live. Maybe I will see you again but for now this is best! The other day I heard you outside my window but when I saw you I realised that you had moved on in life. It’s ok because now I don’t have to worry about your happiness and me ruining it for you. If you ever get to read this then I wish it will be at a time where my tears fall from your eyes. Although that makes no sense I bet you would understand right? Please promise me that you will stay happy and will always smile don’t remember me if it hurts you ok! I wish you a better life without me good luck, I love you!’ Mingyu wrote a large paragraph in his small red notebook before locking it back up.

 

Mingyu truly missed Wonwoo but he had thought leaving Wonwoo would be better for him. Mingyu always put everyone before himself no matter what he was feeling but what he didn’t know was that leaving Wonwoo meant he left behind a greater pain for him. Mingyu sat on the floor in the corner of the small room and continued to whisper the same words over again for over 3 hours. “Wonwoo I will never stop loving you, please smile in your return of a happy life!”

 

10:10 Wonwoo lost his memory, and 10:10 Mingyu gave up hope. That teddy bear became sad because he now had to hold all Wonwoos memories until he was ready to remember. And that teddy did have a name one that the boys came up with themselves. 

 

“Wonwoo I got a new teddy but I can’t name it!”

“Oh can I help?”

“Of course silly. So you gotta name yet!”

“I just started thinking give me a break please!”

“Ok. What about........ now?”

“No!”

“Ok, now?”

“No!”

“Now?”

“No!”

“Now?”

“No!”

“Now at least!?”

“Yep!”

“Well what is it?”

“Meanie!”

“Meanie? He doesn’t look mean!”

 

“No! Me and you. I wear beanies a lot and M for Mingyu!”

“Oh, ok I like that! I love your ideas Wonwoo!”

“And I love you Mingyu!”

 

-knock-knock-

“Mingyu?” Soohye asked.

‘What, is that no it can’t be can it?’

 

 

A/N: Smile, no matter how much it hurts!