One day

A Tear Is A Tear

Kim Mingyu was a young boy at the age of eight. Being young meant having fun, learning new things, slowly but, that all changed on that one day April 6th his birthday. His parents had to work for three hours that morning so he went to his friends house Jeon Wonwoo. Jeon Wonwoo was the same age as mingyu only a little smarter, he loved giving advice and, reading the only person who really understands him is Mingyu and, for that Wonwoo promised to never leave his side.

 

It had been two hours since Mingyu’s parents had left when, Wonwoo’s mother got a phone call from his dad. When she spoke the voice that replied was not at all a voice that she knew or, a voice she wanted to hear. “ Hello who is speaking “ the voice asked curiously “ I am the mother of Jeon Wonwoo who is this “  

 

“ Oh hello miss my name Is Hoshi I am calling from the Anyang hospital “ giving the shocked lady some time to place his words in her head he stoped the sentence. “ Why are you calling from this number and why are you calling me” 

 

“ Miss, your number was the first to appear in the contacts and the owner of the phone was in a car accident with a woman” Wonwoo’s mother stood in shock with tears silently burning her checks as they fell from her eyes. “What .... what ..... happened “ she struggled to speak knowing that only bad news was to come with the words that were going be spoken.

 

“ Well, you see whilst they came round the corner onto Gray st a truck speed up and ran a red light, slamming straight into the drivers side of the car making a large explosion killing the male and placing the woman in near death state” with only gasps and weeping on the end of the phone Hoshi knew he had said enough so he finished by telling the woman to come to the hospital as soon as possible. The woman fell to her knees crying loudly allowing the boys to hear her.

 

Once the two boys heard the poor woman’s cry’s they headed down stairs to ask the problem. She stood up, only to look into Mingyu’s eyes and, see an innocent young boy who’s life was going to end quickly. She lead the boys to the car telling them it was an important meeting they had to attend to.

 

When they arrived at the hospital Wonwoo wondered why the meeting was being held here. As they walked into the hospital mingyu started to feel uneasy, Wonwoo’s mother leaned over the counter trying her best not to be heard by the suspicious two at her feet. Suddenly, a bed came out of a ward with five doctors around it running into the next room. As they ran something fell off the wrist of the person being pushed, mingyu walked over and picked it up, it seemed familiar only to realise that the bracelet belonged to his mother. Mingyu walked over to Wonwoo’s mother and tapped her on the leg, the woman turned to see tears forming in the boys eyes, scared she had been heard she asked what the problem was. The boy started crying as he held the bracelet up to the woman’s face, to her shock she saw the boy break into a trillion or more pieces, she finally noticed that it was young Mingyu’s mother’s bracelet she knew she had to explain.

 

“I’m sorry I lied to you both” she started “ I should have told you straight out and not of waited” she then began to explain what had actually happened, as she did Mingyu was falling to pieces by every word that was spoken. He placed the bracelet on his wrist and tied it up thinking, that there was only a path of pain awaiting him. Mingyu’s mother died at the moment her son finished tying up her bracelet, Mingyu felt a stabbing pain in his heart every time a tear burned his cheek, he knew everything was gone and it was never coming back. After half an hour the trio went in to see the pair and say their good byes, covered in scars, bruises and, fresh blood Mingyu’s parents were truly gone and mingyu knew that it was going to be hard, he said his good byes in tears but with love and awaited the funeral for their last moment together.

 

Mingyu cried all night and, the whole of the upcoming day, he went back home and collected everything he needed and, wanted before Wonwoo’s mother placed the house on fire. Mingyu had grabbed all his stuff plus the teddy he was given for his first birthday, his fathers favourite chain necklace and, a picture of all three of them. That night Mingyu cried so much the funeral was in the morning and, it was going to be painful he pulled out the picture of his precious family and, cried until the last of his tears fell.

 

At the funeral, Mingyu stood their with so much pain and, sadness but, he didn’t shed one tear nor did his eyes feel watery at any point. That was the last time he would cry and, it was the last time he was going to let anyone into his life again. Mingyu silenced himself at school and, he barely spoke to Wonwoo anymore and, even though Wonwoo’s mother was so nice by giving him food and shelter he still left and, placed himself in an orphanage. It was time Mingyu learnt that being young meant nothing to him anymore, he didn’t play games nor did he talk, he just did what he was told and, left every one alone. In his time though he wrote in a nice red covered note pad hoping one day, someone would read and, save him from the life he was currently living in.

 

                        13 years later.......

 

A/N: this is my first time publishing something, my writing skills are terrible and quite odd. If you do read this I want to thank you and, please write anything you want in the comments as I would like to hear what you think of the story. Thank you so much for reading this.