009

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon entering the room we stop, stunned by the sight in front of us. There, levitating above the table we have yet to use, is a glowing ball of light.


The light almost silver in color with bronze swirling and fading amongst it. As I take a step closer Xiumin holds out his arm, preventing me from moving closer as the light brightens to an almost blinding level, making us both turn out heads and clench our eyes shut.


Another bang echoes through the room as the light dies completely and the source of the light clatters to the ground, bouncing off the table as it falls, ending up on the other side to me and Xiumin.


"I'll go look." Xiumin steps forwards from his position in front of me.


I feel safer with Xiumin there with me, I know nothing about the book other than the fact it had held his card and was doing some weird vanishing and glowing whenever it decided to show itself.


Its obvious Xiumin knows something about the book and while that does make me feel safer, I can only hope that if it was a danger to me, he'd tell me. Hopefully.


Flashing me a cute grin, he waves me over. I maneuver my way beside him, taking care not to slide on the wood floors in my fluffy socks. Xiumin stands smiling next to the book which lays face up on the floor. Cocking my head to the side, I silently question Xiumin as to why he didn't pick it up from the ground.


"I can't touch it." He explains, "It will shock me if I do and I really don't feel like being zapped." I smile faintly at his humorous tone.
I pick up the book and lay it on the table, noticing that the greyish diamond in the cover is brighter than before. Re-tracing the words engraved in the cover, I miss the solemn look on Xiumin's face as he reads the words.


As my fingers trace the infinity symbol for the seventh time the book fluctuates slightly and upon nitcing the movement, Xiumin pulls my arm back as it opens with a burst of bronze and silver sparks. In the middle of the now open pages of the book sits another card facing back up.


The back of the card is similar to that of Xiumin's, the same swirling corner designs and the letters 'EXO' between the bottom two swirls. The background is different, however, as instead of the random white lines on top of a light blue, it's dark bronze in color and has what seems to be small lines of fire, all descending down the card from a single point at the top.


Flipping it over, the face is similar again, the same letters 'EXO' front and center on a bronze and silver almost metallic looking background. The corner designs are completely different however, thin waving lines that came to a point in each corner, similar to the lines of fire on the back.

 

"Is this another card for me to claim?" I find myself asking aloud as I become confused by the books sudden reappearance.


"Yes, now claim him so I can laugh at his misfortune." Xiumin begins chuckling, obviously knowing the Warrior the card is bound to and wanting to now he has the freedom too.


"Why would he be confused?"


"Who wouldn't be if they met you." He answers shortly before laughing at my expression.


I huff as I retrieve the sewing box in the cupboard, grabbing the same needle and pricking my finger again, letting a drop of blood drip on to the cards face, landing on the 'E' as it's absorbed, leaving no trace. The tingle in my finger makes another appearance as the small hole heals itself. A bright red light fills the room as I place the needle down on the counter, shielding my eyes again, I turn away from the light.


As the light dies my new Warrior is revealed to me, standing around the same height as Xiumin, he has short black hair swept to the side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter