076

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
On the first day, everything is fine. A Saturday in both date and practice, no-one is bothered by the knowledge of another Summoners Warriors watching us from afar, going about our normal lives as if they don't exist.
We almost lose the pool on the second day. A training session seeing Xiumin lifting the entirety of the pools water and using it to create a maze for the others to run through, changing the routes and making sudden dead ends to see how they would react to constant rejection from their goal and use their abilities to get around it.
  Kris flies through, quite literally, until Xiumin creates a domed roof to his maze, plunging the dragon into darkness. Chen electrocutes the walls to create light but appears to have forgotten that the walls are all connected to the ground and DO is carving a path under the obstacles, therefore singeing him, the burns of which Lay sees to as well as the punishment smack to the back of Chen's head.
  It is Chanyeol who manages to get them through, literally running them through one of the walls and evaporating the entire thing with his erratic charge. Two hours later and Xiumin gives up trying to reform all the chemicalized water vapor from the air around us, handing the responsibility of filling the rest of the pool to mother nature.
  To which she happily does on the third day. Battering rain shattering one of the upstairs windows, luckily in a room no one currently occupies, and keeps us inside for the entire day.
  Day four, Jaebum visits, dragging Amber and Eric with him, Henry caught up in helping teach a last-minute training session with one of the second year classes. After a semi-awkward start, the night ends with the three of us cuddling on the couch upstairs, arguing pettily and drying each other's tears as we systematically work our way through the first few films in the Marvel series.
  The letters between us have stopped before they even truly started, Jaebum and I, we are much better at talking in person than through paper, neither trusting of the postal system or our vocabulary to even begin opening up fully.
  Seunghyun was all too right. We could both use a friend similar to ourselves.
  The envelope arrives mid-morning on the fifth day of my house-arrest.
  A shockingly pure white encasement for a ring so dark it almost looks as if part of the void itself. Obsidian, the small note that came with it said. Obsidian and black diamond, crafted by the Councils best craftsmen and spelled, runed, Kris corrects, by the most knowledgable master of the ancient craft.
  Spelled, runed, to heat up when summoned by a brother or sister ring, the schools crest encrypted on either side of the small diamond, the only symbol anyone in the not-so-secret unnamed group would share. The only offer of peace between other students and I.
  Now slowly staining a pale ring of pasty skin around my finger, the ring, while undoubtedly beautiful, is a permanent reminder of just how close danger lurks, so close that not even a school of what is supposed to be the elite of the elite is safe.
  Confined to the property, half the books within the library have migrated to Luhan's room, the other half divided between Lay and I, someone will have to brave the stares and sneers to restock the kitchen soon, the padlocks DO crafted on the cupboards not doing anything to hold back Tao and Chanyeol's raging stomachs. Training had become a bore, with no new opponents or challenges there was nothing to plan for, no point to our tireless efforts except keeping in peak fitness.
  And when DO finally runs out of anime to watch, then all hell will be upon anyone who doesn't find him something to do that isn't reigning in the others.
  On the seventh day of confinement, Kris and Baekhyun give in to the demands of the bottomless pits and top up the kitchen, coming home far more drained than I've ever seen them, there is no doubt they faced the full force of the students animosity, their Summoner too known to get away with only a few passing glances as we once did.
  Letters from Gran also arrive. Along with a container of her baked goodies that Luhan now protects with his life in return for extras of the sweet treats. No one, not even Kris, wants their brain ed with by Luhan. Xiumin tried once and couldn't sleep for three days without the eerie voice of Luhan narrating his dreams from somewhere in the distance.
  Ah, mind-ery. It's a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter