065

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
No matter how much I tried to fight him on the matter, I couldn't win. Even as I skipped my lunch break and an hour of Seungri's class arguing with him, Daesung would not relent. No matter what I said, no matter what nonsense spewed from my lips, he didn't fall for my act.
Looking back on our aggressive conversation, I don't blame him. Half the words my mangled brain managed to put together in a legible sentence even I didn't understand, the rest of it nonsense and all of it lies.
  What started as a brief checkup from a concerned teacher quickly turned into a heated argument that left me red in the face, shaking with anger and my unfortunate sparing partner limping their way home after the portion of Seungri's class I actually managed to attend.
  Yet even as I stormed my way home after class, Kris and Tao following quietly behind me, I recall the anger still boiling within me, threatening to overflow and leak out through my actions and onto my Warriors. At that point, I was too far gone, I didn't care if I scared them while venting.
  Now as I sit, comfortably sunk into a yellow bean bag and surrounded by calming purple walls, inspirational posters and colorful drawings by people of varying artistic talent, I reflect on how I came to be in this situation and I can't help but feel the urge to apologize to Daesung for blowing up at him.
  It's only now that I'm here getting the help I don't want to admit I need that I realize how concerned he was and that throughout our two-hour long argument, he was right all along.
  Across from me, the man I have slowly come to confide in sits in his own bean bag, his long limbs awkwardly folded, although he doesn't seem bothered by the position, a small sky blue book in his lap and a glittery gold pen in his right hand.
  His eyes are trained on me but instead of squirming under his stare as I would with anyone else, I feel comforted and like I could spill my deepest darkest secrets to him. While this should concern me, especially since I was only informed of his existence a mere three weeks ago, it doesn't. If anything, I feel better knowing I have someone I can spill my guts to someone who won't speak of what goes on within his designated room because legally, he cannot.
  After four appointments, all made under my name by Daesung of course, I still hadn't told him of the real reason for my sudden change despite how I feel about him.
  In the first appointment, what he called the introductory appointment, I told him the minimal facts about myself and my life before Nocte, what school I went to, what my neighborhood is like back with Gran, how I'm adjusting to Nocte and other facts that would allow me to still keep my life private.
  In return, he told me about himself. He told me about his family, his childhood and what school was like when he was my age, the experience much different to my own due to the fact he didn't attend Nocte Academy and it wasn't ever an option for him.
  The second time I stepped into this room, he didn't press me for answers as I told him about my childhood in more detail, skipping over my parents as much as possible and focusing on Gran, Kana and the other sometimes overly friendly people who I grew up around in the second half of my life. All the while, he scribbled down a few notes with his gold pen, only bullet points judging by the time he took to note down what he wanted.
  By my third visit I had opened up a bit more, a whispered late-night conversation with Lay after he crept into my bedroom urging me to spill a little more information and although Lay himself doesn't know how much impact our conversation made during my visits, I still thanked him once I arrived back home.
  I followed my Warriors advice and told him about my parents, what little I remember about them, our trips to Jeju and even the details of their death. That visit is what really broke my resolve and by the next time I walked through the pastel yellow painted door, I was ready to spill my guts.
  While it took a few minutes to build up the confidence to disclose the reason for Daesung's worry, all my walls had eventually fallen while in the secluded room and the words flowed from my lips with only the occasional stutter or slip of the tongue.
  I sink further back into the yellow fabric beneath me, I feel a weight lift from my shoulder as I recount everything that has happened from the moment I walked in the gate of the Academy. I don't hold back as I tell him about the constant glares and horrid rumors floating around with my name plastered on them, the exhile I face daily just because I wasn't introduced to the Summoner world until I was nineteen.
  I tell him how lonely I felt in the first few days, Xiumin not being nearly as comfortable then as he is now and more like a room-mate I lived with but only saw and spoke to in passing. I recall every encounter with my Warriors since claiming Xiumin and how they've come to trust me, becoming my only friends and confidence while away from home.
  I don't tell him the details of how they were claimed because I'm still unsure as to whether it's abnormal or not but I do explain how Xiumin was terrified of me, Kris hated me and how it took me nearly dying to get him to give me a chance and how I released Lay although he later gave back his card and has since become my source of comfort in hard times such as now.
  The hardest part comes next and I choke on my breath as I struggle to form my next words, the event traumatizing and why I'm currently in this situation.
  "Do you want someone with you? Perhaps Lay? You seem very close to him and said so yourself that he brings you comfort." He suggests, placing his pen down on the open page of his notebook.
  I contemplate for a moment, tossing up the idea of summoning Lay for support but eventually dismiss the suggestion, while my pride may play a part in why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter