058

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In what I suppose is his now signature dramatic fashion, Win-ah introduces the first two competitors, interviewing them for a bit before sending them off to their start rings, much like he had earlier this morning.


Jessica, dressed in black and white, looks like an imposing figure with her deep maroon eyes lined heavily with black and all the right curves accentuated by her tight tank top and leggings, her studded black biker boots seem extra threatening as the silver studs glint with every step she takes. A pale green case is strapped to her left hip, the color a stark contrast to the rest of her outfit.
 

As Win-ah interviewed her, she seemed confident and sure of herself, a woman men and even fellow woman fear. However, I have a nagging feeling that her overconfidence may just be the end of her and upon voicing my thoughts, Kris and DO agree with me, while Baekhyun and Tao remain sure that because of her confidence, she will win.
 

In fact, according to most of the males watching she is sure to win.
 

Her opponent, a rather normal looking Second Year boy name Jaebum also eludes the same confidence, although not to the same level as the Fourth Year.
 

He looks completely unprepared to fight in his blue jeans, loose white t-shirt and black leather jacket, a pair of worn sneakers separating his feet from the emerald grass and a black snap-back cap flattening his hair. Strapped to his lower right back is a case of deep brown, almost black, leather with small gold detailing glimmering faintly on the flap.
 

He answers Win-ah's questions casually, seeming laid back and almost uncaring of the fact that he is about to fight someone with much more experience than him.
 

He either really doesn't care, or he's hiding how prepared he really is.
 

After giving the two a few minutes to stretch and psych themselves up, Win-ah makes sure they're ready before backing out of the ring boundaries and summoning a Warrior to his side in a brief flash of red light.
 

With a nod to the small female Warrior, she points two fingers up in the air and shoots something into the air. As it explodes above us in an array of orange and yellow sparks, the two Summoners leap into action,
summoning an array of different Warriors, the two stay back out of the initial fight, letting their Warriors do the work for now.
 

Fighting for Jessica are a bunch of female Warriors dressed in a mix of blue and green, the tips of their hair also dyed their corresponding color.
 

On Jaebum's side, a group of rather young looking boys appear in such a mismatch of light I cannot distinguish what ability color corresponds to which Warrior and the task becomes even harder once my view is unrestricted by their light and I find that they are all wearing a mix of black and white despite not all of them being affiliated with a Spirit ability.
 

Beside me, Kai lets out a small gasp and as I turn to look at him, I find him gaping at the boys Jaebum Summoned, staring at them in either shock or amazement, potentially even a mix of both.
 

"What is it, Kai?" Baekhyun asks, leaning forward to check on the younger Warrior.
 

"Those Warriors..." He begins, trailing off mid-sentence as his brows furrow and his lips purse in displeasure.
 

"What about them?" DO gently prompts from beside him, laying a hand on his knee and rubbing it reassuringly in an attempt to comfort Kai, trying to help even though the reason for his anger is unknown.
 

"Those Warriors, no, those boys. As a collective group, they barely average past the twenty-year mark and they're being forced to go up against Warriors who are well past their two hundred marks," Kai says, voice taking on a hard edge, growing angrier the longer he watches the very young Warrior battle.
 

As soon as their ages are revealed, my Warriors all gasp in horror and turn back to the battle with new eyes, horrified and startled at how young they are and the age difference between them and their opponents.
 

"Is twenty young for a Warrior?" I dare ask, almost being drowned out by the crowd as they cheer, one of the boys being launched back towards his Summoner by a torrent of water.
 

"Very," Kai answers simply, not removing his eyes from the boy and sighing in relief when he is caught by his Summoner and placed gently back on the ground. Even from up as high as we are, I can see the small tremors that rack the boy's terrified body but have to give him extra points for courage as he runs straight back into the fray.
 

Knowing I'm itching for more information, Kris elaborates further. "Our years are the same length as your own, however, once we are linked to our star and card, receiving the official title of a Warrior, we don't age. For those Warriors, this is likely the first time they have been bound to a Summoner and they won't be used to fighting, especially against others as old as those girls."
 

I nod and rub my hands together, bringing them up to my mouth and blowing on them to warm them up, my blood suddenly feeling frozen and my entire body chilled to the bone. Even as Warriors, they're not much older than me then. If they barely average at twenty as a group, some could even be younger than me and that fact is absolutely terrifying.

 

As the same young Warrior is launched across the field and is caught again, this time by one of the other Warriors, Jaebum finally initiates the Summoner-vs-Summoner portion of the battle.
 

And boy does he look pissed.
 

The young Warrior looks on worriedly, an aura of nerves and guilt emitting from him as he watches his Summoner run to attack Jessica for allowing her Warriors to almost hurt him, not once, but twice.
 

"One of the female Warriors is a dual with Spirit," Tao informs us, following the girl with his eyes as she rel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter