045

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I regret everything.


I hadn't forgotten Baekhyun, Tao and Xiumin's agreement to help train me, we had started the very next morning and I regret everything.


My muscles ache and burn, screaming in protest every time I attempt to move, yet I continue to train, pushing the pain to the back of my mind and powering through the hours in between sessions.
 

My three trainers are merciless as they force me to run harder, punch straighter, kick higher, lower my stance and keep my head up. I can't complain though, I am the one who gave them full reign over my combat training and the results were starting to show although it had only been a few days.
 

Seungri still forces us to run the obstacle course but had cut the run down to a lap around the field and had completely abolished the fitness circuit. He had lifted the Warrior ban on Monday and now allows for us to have at least a half-hours training with our Warriors under his supervision.
 

Mock rings like those that would be used in the tournament had been set up in lots of three around the field, marked with colored tape as to how the matches were being fought within the twelve meter wide squares. Red for Warrior vs Warrior, Blue for Summoner vs Summoner.
 

Although I am in no way the top of our class in hand-to-hand combat against another person, we are undoubtedly the top team when it comes to Warrior battles, beating every opponent that came our way, some with much more ease than others.
 

Despite the dominance we show in class, we still train every morning and afternoon, sometimes well into the night as we prepare to go face to face with Warriors and Summoners we had only seen in passing or didn't even know exist in less than two weeks.
 

Our training schedule at home has also been altered, the individual training being taken over by group training, usually against each other for more of a challenge, the teams being mixed up and switched around several times a session as my three trainers take turns torturing me and helping beat each other up.
 

" Baekhyun! Watch it, dude!" Chen screams as a beam of light shoots past his ear, I feel the heat resonating from it felt as it lands in Xiumin's previous position.
 

Baekhyun has become a bit of a wildcard for our group, never having shown his abilities in class although he stands next to Lay in our default formation, he doesn't move unless it is to shift someone out of harms way or subtly assist Chanyeol or Chen by making their flames brighter, to a level that would blind anyone who looks at the tounges of fire they create.
 

"Lower," Tao orders as he pushes my thighs closer to the ground, the stance of a sumo wrestler burning as I look towards the sky in an attempt to force down the yelp of pain that creeps up my throat.
 

"Back straight. Guard up. Your hands are not going to help block if they're hanging by your side," He circles me slowly, analyzing my stance and taking a moment to pull my shoulder and straighten my back.
 

"Question, how is this going to help me fight someone?" I ask breathily, shifting my hands in front of me, trying to distract myself from the burn coursing throughout my body.
 

"A lower and stronger stance, like that of sumo, means you are harder to get on the ground or tip over," Tao says as he looks down at me, looking very much like the Wushu instructor he is.
 

"You can relax now," He states, handing me my water bottle and seeming to convert back into his usual childish persona.
 

"Thanks, Tao," I mumble between gulps, sighing as my dry throat is drowned in the ice cold water. "I didn't think it would be this hard or painful, but I'm glad you guys actually agreed to teach me."
 

Tao shrugs nonchalantly. "Well, I don't know about the others but I would be pretty devastated if the best Summoner I have ever had was killed because she couldn't defend herself and I could have done something to prevent it from happening."
 

"Aw, I'm the best Summoner you've ever had?" I tease, nudging him playfully as I grin.
 

He huffs and pouts, turning to watch the others as he attempts to hide his reddening cheeks.
 

"Well, it's not exactly a surprise, is it?" Baekhyun asks as he approaches, his hour of training looming closer as he strolls towards us.
 

I look down as I remember how different I truly am. "No, it isn't," I mumble, the atmosphere growing thicker as I turn silent.
 

"Hyung," Tao growls warningly, almost daring him to continue along the path he was beginning to tread.
 

"Get lost Tao, it's my turn now anyway," Baekhyun grumbles, backing off the topic but sending the younger Warrior scampering towards the still battling Chen, Kris, and Xiumin, the rest off to the side as they strategize and watch the on-going match.
 

Since they had been sent back to their cards, both Chen and Kai have calmed in their arguments. Despite the occasional taunt or tease, the fists haven't flown again, especially once it sunk in that despite it being my idea, every one of the others had agreed with no argument.
 

"Don't break her, Baekhyun!" Kai yells as he notices us moving away from the deck where I sat during my small reprieve.
 

Baekhyun waves off his comment as we move back to the small area DO previously made for us, a circle of sand, five meters in diameter, void of any weeds or roots which is apparently perfect for me to be trained on, despite the fact that the slightest movement shifts every grain beneath our feet and most of the time, ends with me washing sand out of my hair.
 

"Right, let's start with those kicks I showed you yesterday," Baekhyun says, hands on his hips as he watches me get in the fighting stance he had shown me at the beginning of my first lesson with him.
 

"Start with ten high kicks, then move on to mid, low and faint, then if I think you're doing okay then we'll move onto other strikes and blocks," He instructs, taking on the role of a drill Sargent much like Tao had, bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter