2.

Forgotten

They had lied to him.

 

Lied because they were just way too scared to tell the truth. To tell what really happened that day. That night.

And they had decided not to.

In case the memories never came back, that is.

And they had been right. They hadn't up till now.

 

But they weren't sure if not telling him was the right thing to do. Keeping an entire person away from a person with amnesia was a play with the fire. You'd be safe for a while,but there was no way around burning yourself, eventually. It's a game you're bound to lose once you start.

But maybe they deserved it. Or so they thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course there had been CCTV'S, nowadays there's one everywhere. Even in the most abandoned places, on streets no one drives through and parts of cities no one visited anymore. Anything and everything is connected to a little camera nowadays. A small, lost bridge being no exception.

 

It was a painfully funny wonder that Chanyeol believed them when they told him.

 

"Yeah it's a really old bridge after all. That's... understandable." was what he had said with soft eyes and a small smile tugging on his lips.

That day, a little part of each persons heart was left in that cold, white hospital room,

broken into peaces, while trying to keep the tears, that Chanyeol would've mistaken for happy ones anyway, in, and out of sight.

 

 

 

 

 

So yeah, of course, it was all on tape. The entire accident. The crash. The whole scene. The survival of one person. The death of another.

 

But they had been too scared to break the overjoyed Park Chanyeol, who was so so happy and glad and cheerful. Thinking he was lucky enough to survive an accident as dangerous as this. He thought it was close to a miracle. No, that it was a miracle.

 

And yes, everyone knew without a doubt, Byun Baekhyun for sure was. He was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They sat there that day, almost a week after Chanyeol had woken up from the coma, with one half of their hearts in great joy while the other part was bleeding. Hurting, in so so much pain over the loss of a person they weren't able to talk about. Couldn't. It just hadn't felt right.

 

"Omg Hyung I never thought I'd see the day of you actually crying like this." Chanyeol had laughed.

"Wait, you're crying too? Gosh you guys, it's okay, It's been a week, I'm alright so stop crying or else I'll start crying too!" he had said with a laugh, while hugging them and his hand over their backs in a reassuring manner.

"Oh come on, can ya'll stop? I didn't know you loved me thaat much!" He got hit by Jongin after that and Chanyeol just laughed again, rubbing his arm and acting like he was soo hurt by that light brush of Jongins fist. "I'm just kidding, but really guys you're acting like someone died! I'm alive and awake, I'm good. But I wasn't kidding when I said I was going to cry as well!"

 

The tears weren't entirely just for Baekhyun that day, that would've been a lie.

The death of a loved one is defnitely enough reason to cry, since it's not like Baekhyun was exactly a stranger to them. He had been close to Chanyeol, yes, but he had been a dear friend to all the other members as well. They had known him for so long after all.

 

Yet, they loved their Chanyeol and were so much more than glad he was back. Glad they were able to see him laugh again and joke around and be playful and just his usual old self. They had missed that so much.

Even more since it hadn't even been sure he would wake up at all, as the doctors told them a coma could sometimes last from days up to years, or an entire lifetime even.

It had been blunt and harsh, the way he had just stated the facts, like they were nothing more than that, but who could have blamed him, the doctor was just human as well and even though it was a painful case, it had been a bitter reality just as much.

 

Now that he was back though, they would do anytthing to keep their beloved person happy. Really, anthing.

 

 

 

They weren't sure if their doing was concidered a white lie. But as long as it kept their close friend safe maybe it didn't matter what exactly it was.

Because they knew how much Chanyeol had loved him. Of course they did. You couldn't miss that when you lived with each other under one roof. They knew how much it would break and rip him apart. It was always Chanyeol and Baekhyun after all. Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They were one, the two of them together, always.

 

 

 

Chanyeol would've given up his life any second for the cute little brown haired boy, no doubt.

 

Just like he had done in the end. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The members didn't like keeping Baekhyun from Chanyeol. It was almost like keeping two gigantic mangets away from each other. Almost. But there always is a loophole to anything, isn't it.

 

 

So, no they didn't like it. But if that was the price for keeping him away from pain, physically or mentally, it didn't matter which one, then so be it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol had asked once. Just once. When he was still in the hospital and they explained what exactly happened. He told them that it sounded kind of strange, asked if there really wasn't more to it. They told him that's all they knew as well.

 

They were well aware of the fact that half their lie sounded fishy. It didn't make any sense without another person in the story. Erasing that person entirely, and leaving it out just evoked more and more questions. An unending cycle of confusion, and as they found out way way later, Chanyeol felt exactly that.

 

 

Hiding the true story from Chanyeol was emotionally wrecking.
Getting rid of evidence just as much. Though, it was way more simple.

His phone and wallet had gone down into the river that day and since he usually didn't print out any pictures at all, it had been easy.

The only indication of someone ever existing close to chanyeol, who was now nowhere to be found, were the clothes. Smaller sized ones that occupied half the space of the giants entire closet.

They had gotten rid of that too. And the pair of shoes, and the toothbrush and everything else.

 

 

Though, till this day, they still didn't know how they were able to miss the book. Chanyeol didn't own a lot of books, yet, they didn't notice that one unusual looking one, sticking out between the few others with its unique black cover.

They didn't realise it had left their sight, even though, the entire room was thoroughly searched through. To not leave any evidence. Not a trace of anyone ever existing closer to Chanyeol than the members themselves. Nothing.

Nothing but that book that they missed to get out of his room.

 

 

 

 

They found out about its existence after one of the members went to Chanyeols room once. He had searched for his one jacket and since all the members knew Chanyeol just wore what he found and thought looked good, the first place to look for, was of course, the tall boys room.

And when the band mate had walked up to the closet, about to open the big white doors, something caught his eye.

 

Before reconsidering, innocent curiosity had already gotten the best of him and so he had picked up the book to flip through its pages.

And when he ended up on the first page, reading the dedication of the book, it had finally hit him.

His heart had started beating fast as he went through it a second time while reading a few lines every now and then, hastily, concerned, scared.

 

Did Chanyeol know?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't, as it was later confirmed by the tall boy himself. After they asked him, or rather hinted if Chanyeol knew this one person. "This one person" being a really really old friend from the past, as they formed it. But Chanyeol had just shaken his head child-like and oblivious.

They asked some other questions, just to make sure though. But nothing more. Nothing too close to the secret. To the reality. And defnitely not the book itself. Which was already way too close.

 

 

 

They were scared it would evoke a memory, a spark of a past, a flashback, a hint of any of these things. Anything.

 

So they kept qiuet. And would continue to do so for the sake of keeping him from the pain. For the sake of his smiles and his happiness and him. Just him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When was Chanyeol finally going to find out the truth? And the lies? And all the secrets?

 

Because he would eventually. Everyone was sure and oh did they fear that day.

They were not ready to see the boy break and get crushed down by the weight of the reality that was to destroy him one day. Entirely.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi.

Soooo, i just decided like 2 hours ago that I don't want this story to be a oneshot anymore. As this Chapter is now added, the next few will just be bonus chaps. somehow i really hold on to this bonus chapter idea idek. idk why I'm not just continueing like a normal freakin person would LOL but I'm not a normal person soo: 

coming up next: the continuation of the story with an insight into the past, or the future or the present. Or the thoughts of chanyeol maybe? or the members? AS bonus chaps of course. not to forget that hahah

idek yet lol but that was the worst "Coming up next:" in the history of coming up nexts. 

 

I have no idea why I always manage to write such short chaps. It's pissing me off really, but if you already ended up down here, I hope you enjoyed reading anyway.

I also hope you haven't found any grammatical errors or typos or anything of that sort as, this story is not beta read and just kiiiinda proofread lol I'm so sorry.

I hope you enjoy the fic anyway ♥♥♥♥♥

 

oh also if you have any questions pleaasee do not hesitate to ask~ I'd love to answer~