Chapter 30

Forever Your Last Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jessica, just please calm down,” Eunhyuk told her as she sat on the couch crying.

“Everything will be alright, I promise,” Sunny whispered, hugging Jessica.

“How is it alright? We’re bankrupt!” Jessica cried.

“Don’t yell at my-,” Donghae started but Eunhyuk stopped him.

“Krystal, are you okay?” Kai asked, staring at Krystal who was just sitting there, staring at her hands.

“Please help us, Eunhyuk, I’m begging you,” Jessica begged. “My family can’t do anything, I don’t know what to do. You’re the only one that can help us, please.” Jessica wept on her knees.

“Please don’t do this, stand up,” Eunhyuk said.

“I can’t! My family has nothing. Sungmin used everything, I don’t know what to do,” Jessica cried.

“Soon-Gyu take her to your room, get her ready for bed,” Eunhyuk whispered, walking upstairs.

“H-Hyung,” Donghae called, chasing him.

“Sunny, please convince him. Sunny please help me. Sungmin is clueless,” Jessica wept.

“Oppa will help, please stop crying,” Sunny whispered, taking her upstairs.

“Krystal,” Kai called again.

“I-I think I’m going to go to bed too,” Krystal replied with a weak smile before following the two girls.

“I have to help,” Kai muttered and ran towards Eunhyuk’s room.

 

“Hyung, please open the door,” Donghae said. “It’s me, Donghae.” He added, while waiting outside in his pajamas.

“Donghae, not now,” Eunhyuk replied.

“I’ll help you with anything. I know you’re stressed but-,” Donghae started as the door opened.

“What is it?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Are you going to help them?” Donghae questioned.

“What do you think?” Eunhyuk replied.

“You could be selfish and not,” Donghae said as Eunhyuk slapped his head. “But you’re not so you’ll help right?” He smiled widely.

“It’s all up to Lee Sungmin. If I help without permission it will get us in more trouble,” Eunhyuk said.

“So what should I do?” Donghae asked.

“Comfort Jessica,” Eunhyuk replied as Donghae looked down.

“I… I can’t,” Donghae shook his head.

“Why not? Don’t you like her? Love her? Isn’t she special?” Eunhyuk questioned.

“She is but… I can’t, her parents killed ours,” Donghae muttered.

“They didn’t do it on purpose. Things happen for a reason, Donghae,” Eunhyuk said, putting his hand on Donghae’s shoulder. “Right now she needs you the most. Don’t be so mean and cold to her, it took you a lot of work to get to know her. The past is in the past, worry about the future. It hurts seeing someone you love cry, right?” He asked.

“Well…” Donghae bit his bottom lip.

“It’s your choice, I’ll go to bed now, there’s a lot of work coming for me tomorrow,” Eunhyuk smiled before closing his door. Donghae looked to Sunny’s bedroom as he took a deep breath.

“You can do it, Lee Donghae.” He whispered, making his way over.

 

“How did this happen?!” Sungmin screamed and threw his things to the ground.

"Will you stop yelling?" Hyoyeon shouted.

"How am I going to? Do you know what is happening to our company? We won’t have money! How am I supposed to stop yelling and stay calm?!” Sungmin yelled.

“We can fix it! You just need to calm down. Being angry won’t do anything!” Hyoyeon replied.

“What would you know?” Sungmin asked. “You never did anything for this company! All you know how to do is run around and go to stupid dance competitions! You don’t even know how to manage your company! And what’s worse? You fell in love with our rival and now he’s beating us while we’re about to fall to the ground with our stupid family company!” Sungmin shouted while Hyoyeon stared at him with wide eyes.

“Just be quiet, Sungmin!” Hyoyeon yelled. “At least I know what and who I love! At least I’m not acting like a robot that follows people’s orders my whole life! At least I do what I love! I might not be perfect or a robot for my parents but they still appreciate me even if I do things they don’t like! At least my parents are happy and they didn’t abandon me!” Hyoyeon shouted angrily before covering , realizing what she said.  “S-Sungmin Oppa.” She stuttered while Sungmin stopped, his expression changing as he glared at Hyoyeon. “I didn’t mean it. I was angry, I-,”

“This is the exact reason why I don’t consider people my family or friends,” Sungmin started. “Did I choose to be abandoned? Did I choose to be a robot?” He asked, grabbing his jacket. “At least I don’t bring up people’s dark past and shove it in their face.” He muttered, walking out the office.

“Sungmin, I didn’t mean it! Please, I’m sorry,” Hyoyeon cried.

 

Before Donghae could knock on the door, it had opened and Jessica was in front of him, her eyes swollen and she was in Sunny's pajamas.

"Jessica," Donghae started.

"Sunny went somewhere. I think she's in the backyard." Jessica whispered softly.

"I'm here to talk to you," Donghae said.

"Me? Why?" Jessica asked.

"Just five minutes," Donghae replied, grabbing her hand as he led her towards his room, letting her sit down on his couch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter