Chapter 28

Forever Your Last Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung, reports just came in," Donghae said, putting them down on Eunhyuk's desk.

"About?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Her engagement, Jessica's new fashion show, and Lee Sungmin's big plan," Donghae sat down.

"Big plan?" Eunhyuk muttered and started reading it as his eyes widened.

"What? Hyung?" Donghae shook Eunhyuk's shoulders.

"I know he's our rival but if he does this, his company will go down!" Eunhyuk said.

"Isn't that good for us?" Donghae asked.

"You don't understand. What he's doing is getting a bunch of profit, but after a few weeks, his company will turn into dirt and he'll go bankrupt. I know because this happened to Appa's partner back then," Eunhyuk rubbing his neck.

"We should warn him at the meeting," Donghae said.

 

"Sunny!" Jessica called and ran up to her. "Hi."

"Oh... Jessica, hi," Sunny greeted.

"Did I ever tell you that my sister came?" Jessica asked, trying to make it not awkward between the two.

"Krystal, I met her already," Sunny nodded.

"How?" Jessica looked at her.

"My cousin. They're classmates," Sunny said.

"Really? She didn't tell me," Jessica muttered. "I haven't seen her around and I've been busy."

"You do know she comes to our house for dinner now, right?" Sunny asked.

"She didn't tell me," Jessica said.

"Krystal is young. I really think you three should give her more attention. She has a lot to say and she's a sweet and cute girl. Please care for her more," Sunny said before bowing and walking away.

"Sunny, wait." Jessica called as Sunny stopped. "Donghae." She started. "How is he?"

"He's been busy with Eunhyuk Oppa. All he talks about is work and other things. Krystal doesn't tell you this?" Sunny asked.

"It's just..." Jessica bit her bottom lip and looked down.

"Don't worry about it, okay?" Sunny sighed before walking away.

 

"What about this one?" Sooyoung asked.

"I don't know," Hyoyeon shrugged.

"This one?" Sooyoung pointed.

"I said I don't know," Hyoyeon repeated. 

"Hyoyeon, we have to pick out a dress for tomorrow night," Sooyoung said.

"I know, Sooyoung! But I just can't, okay? I don't want to," Hyoyeon said angrily.

"I'm sorry... I'm just doing my job," Sooyoung muttered.

"I know," Hyoyeon sighed and stared at all the dresses. "I don't want to get engaged... I just can't." She told Sooyoung honestly.

"If you and Lee Hyukjae are meant to be, the day will come," Sooyoung said.

"Hopefully," Hyoyeon muttered.

 

"Lee Sungmin!" Eunhyuk called.

"Hello there. Upset about how you just basically lost a few partners to me?" Sungmin smirked.

"That's not the problem right now," Donghae told him.

"Then you probably heard about my new plan," Sungmin said.

"That plan will ruin you," Eunhyuk warned.

"So now you're trying to beat me again?" Sungmin asked.

"Listen to me. It's only going to last for a while, after that your company will go down. You might even go bankrupt!" Eunhyuk told him. 

"Stop trying to change my mind so you could win," Sungmin demanded.

"Hyung isn't lying. We're not like that, just listen to us," Donghae replied.

"No," Sungmin said and started walking away.

"Sungmin, we're trying to help," Eunhyuk told him.

"I don't need it because I know what I'm doing," Sungmin said and left.

 

"So did you enjoy dinner again?" Kai asked while walking Krystal home.

"Yup! Your cousins are great cooks," Krystal smiled.

"They're great in general," Kai chuckled before they arrived in front of her house. "Is something going on?"

"Hyoyeon Unnie's engagement party is tomorrow," Krystal informed before he nodded slowly. "Does your cousin know?"

"Of course he does. It seems like he won't do anything about it." Kai sighed a bit.

"We will have to see then," Krystal sighed.

 

~Dinner Time

"If he doesn't listen to me he will go bankrupt. He doesn't understand," Eunhyuk said.

"How doesn't he know though?" Sunny asked while eating.

"He didn't look into the future. The problem with him is he only cares about the money he's going to make. Once it's all over the money could be gone. It's the worse plan for a company," Eunhyuk explained.

"Basically he's not drawing out the future of the company," Donghae sighed.

"Shouldn't you tell him though?" Sunny asked, slightly worried.

"He won't listen," Eunhyuk muttered.

"The engagement tomorrow," Kai started.

"Jongin," Donghae muttered.

"Aren't you going to stop it, Hyung?" Kai asked. "Don't you love her? When you called before I came you told me you really did. You even said she was the one. Aren't you going to do anything?"

"Jongin, you're too young to understand," Eunhyuk replied.

"He's right though," Donghae whispered.

"Why are you bringing this up? Business reasons? Because all the businesses are invited but us?" Eunhyuk asked as the three stayed quiet. "Just don't worry about it. Family, work, and happiness is more important than a girl that lied to me." He said as he left the table.

 

~Next Night

"You can't run away this time," Mrs. Kim said while she fixed Hyoyeon's hair.

"I know," Hyoyeon muttered.

"Smile, please?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Don't you believe in love?" Hyoyeon questioned.

"Well..." Mrs. Kim started.

"Why can't I just marry the person I love? Why are you making me marry someone I don't have one bit of feeling for?" Hyoyeon asked.

"You'll learn to love him," Mrs. Kim replied.

"But-," Hyoyeon started.

"I'll see you downstairs later," Mrs. Kim said and left to go greet the guest. Hyoyeon say quietly in the waiting room as she stared at the phone in her hand before the sound of the door opening interrupted her thoughts. 

"You ready?" Jessica asked, sitting down next to her as Krystal stood there quietly.

"Never," Hyoyeon sighed. "Where's Sungmin?"

"Talking to business people," Jessica replied.

"Like always," Hyoyeon muttered, rolling her eyes.

"It isn't fair for you." Jessica said. "Are you really not going to run away? Aren't you going to call Eunhyuk?"

"I can't, they know I will." Hyoyeon started and bit her bottom lip. "Then what do I say? Come stop my engagement for me? He won't ever come because I lied to him. He's mad at me and I bet he doesn't love me anymore. With what Sungmin is doing with his business won't help our relationship either." She said with tears forming. 

"Don't cry. Things will get better if it's meant to be," Jessica said, wiping her tears before standing up. "Come on, I'll wait outside for you." She told her before walking out. Hyoyeon stood up but soon stopped when she realized Krystal was there. 

"Is something wrong?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I don't know Eunhyuk as well as you, but from what I see, he's actually scared, Unnie. He just wants others to he happy before him. He's not selfish, that's why," Krystal said before turning around and walking out.

 

"I'm higher!" Kai said while jumping on the couch.

"Me! I'm taller!" Donghae argued and tried to jump higher.

"Actually I am," Kai corrected.

"Stop jumping on the couch! Both of you are talk, okay?" Sunny laughed while folding the laundry. Once the two sat down, Donghae soon stood up quickly once he saw Eunhyuk walking downstairs in a suit.

"Hyung, why are you dressed up?" Donghae asked while hugging his pillow.

"Are you going somewhere?" Kai asked.

"Are you guys coming?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"Where?" Sunny questioned.

"Go upstairs and dress up. We have an engagement party to go to." Eunhyuk said in a monotone before the three started walking upstairs.

"Is this going to he good?" Kai asked.

"By the sounds of it... No," Sunny shook her head.

"What is he thinking?" Donghae muttered.

 

"Thank you all for attending this important engagement party," Mr. Kim said while Hyoyeon and Junho stood next to him. "This isn't only the beginning of a beautiful marriage but the beginning of a new partnership." He stated looking at Sungmin who was nodding satisfyingly. Jessica was trying to focus while Krystal played games on her phone and kept getting scolded by her parents. "I would like to invite our Chairman to come speak. Lee Sungmin." He said as Sungmin walked up.

"First off, congratulations to the nice couple," Sungmin said and heard Hyoyeon scoffing. "The beginning of this partnership will start on the day of thee marriage. It's an honor for us to be able to work with Junho's family. The couple will help us bring the best of our company. Congratulations and-," before Sungmin could finish, the banquet hall's door opened and four people walked in. Jessica quickly stood up from the table once she realized who it was as Hyoyeon stared straight at them and Sungmin bit his bottom lip angrily. Mutters were heard around the room as Eunhyuk made his way through the tables and towards the front.

"He's not supposed to be here!" Mr. Kim hissed.

"What are you doing here? Someone get him out," Sungmin demanded as Eunhyuk walked up and stood in front of Hyoyeon.

"Eunhyuk, what are you doing?" Hyoyeon asked as Eunhyuk took out his hand, making Hyoyeon's heart beated faster.

"Is he..." Jessica started to Krystal as Krystal looked at the back where the other three stood. Kai only shook his head.

"Unnie, he's-," Krystal started but Jessica demanded her to stop.

"What are you doing?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Eunhyuk, I-," Hyoyeon started with a small smile, reaching for his hand.

"Congratulations," Eunhyuk said as she stared at him with wide eyes before her hands fell to her side. A small gasp escaped Jessica's lips as Krystal sat down.

"I was going to warn you but you never listen anyways," Krystal muttered.

"What?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Congratulations on the marriage. You must be happy, you two fit each other." Eunhyuk said as tears formed in her eyes.

"Please enjoy the food," Mr. Kim announced.

"Have a happy marriage," Eunhyuk said before turning around and walking towards the door.

"Eunhyuk!" Hyoyeon called and chased after him.

 

"What do we do?" Sunny asked.

"Hang out," Donghae shrugged, taking the food that they were bringing around as he received stares from other people. "Mr. Kang!" He waved to one of the business partners before following the man.

"I'll go find Krystal," Kai said and ran off. Sunny stood there and let her eyes looked around before she started walking around to explore. Once her eyes landed on a familiar person talking to a business man, Sunny went up to him and etched for his arm.

"Sorry but I'm going to be talking to him," she interrupted before the man left and Sungmin glared at her, pushing her hand away.

"What?" Sungmin asked. "You weren't invited yet you came."

"I'm not here to talk about that," Sunny said.

"Then what? You're only here cause Hyoyeon's your brother's ex?" Sungmin asked.

"I didn't know she was related to you," Sunny said.

"But you knew Jessica was," Sungmin told her. "And you knew who I was."

Everything we talk about doesn't have to be related to the past!" Sunny said.

"I don't let go of the past if you didn't know." Sungmin replied.

"Then don't," Sunny told him. "But I'm here to warn you about the plan. Sungmin, you can't do it."

"So it seems like you're working with your brothers to make me think twice about the plan," Sungmin said.

"You should think twice because it's going to hurt you!" Sunny told him.

"Don't act like you care about me. It's obvious you just want your company to be better than mine!" Sungmin argued.

"I don't care about that! It's you! You're going to get hurt more than the company!" Sunny told him but lowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter