Adventure #3: Sesame Street

The Amazing Adventures of Grandpa Eric and Bommie
Please log in to read the full chapter

-+-+-+-+

Sunday morning. It was a calm and peaceful day, and Jaejoong and Yunho had guests over for brunch. The Kim couple, Namjoon and Seokjin, had just come over to the house with their newborn, Jungkook. The small boy explored the new environment with his large doe eyes and smiled occasionally when Jaejoong would reach over to play with his cheeks. It was at this moment that Yunho heard Bommie’s soft cries and excused himself to get her.

Jaejoong brought Namjoon and Seokjin to the kitchen and set the plates down before grabbing another high chair for Jungkook. Unfortunately, said baby cried out and made a small fuss, leaving Seokjin with a frown.

“I’m sorry about that, Jaejoong.” He bowed his head politely. “He had some food earlier and I guess he’s just a little cranky since he’s sleepy.”

“Oh, that’s okay.” Jaejoong smiled. “Trust me, I completely understand.”

Moments passed before Bommie’s cries became louder and Yunho came in with a defeated look on his face.

“Joongie,” He smiled weakly. “I tried to feed her, but she doesn’t want any food.”

Jaejoong walked over and took his only daughter in his arms and gently rubbed her back while humming softly. Bommie huffed and wrapped her small chubby arms around Jaejoong’s neck before her large eyes laid upon an equally fussy baby boy not too far from her. It was almost as if she had become mesmerized, and her tears dried up instantly. Jungkook continued to stare at her, and without hesitation, reached out for her. Seokjin smiled and laughed at the small interaction and looked at Jaejoong.

“It seems like they want to play,” He nodded.

“Oh how cute!” Jaejoong chirped. “Let’s take them to the living room! Yunho, darling, would you mind watching them while I get everything set up?”

Yunho nodded and soon went along with Seokjin to take the children to the living room, watching as they crawled over to each other and played with each other’s hair and clothes. He sat on the couch and smiled before leaning back and turning the TV on. Jaejoong continued conversation with Namjoon and Seokjin, and everything was pleasant and peaceful.

--

Eric woke up with a loud groan. He sat up and yawned and stretched before rolling over the edge of the bed and walking over to the bathroom. He had grown accustomed to sleeping over at Jaejoong’s house, and he smiled thinking about the day ahead of him. He washed up and walked over to the love of his life, who was still asleep, and clicked his tongue.

“Yah, how lazy.” He mumbled.

He got dressed and slipped his slippers on and headed downstairs.

His brows furrowed upon hearing conversation and laughter; there was no way Jaejoong would be this happy so early in the morning. Eric listened carefully, expecting to hear his grandchildren bickering, but remembered they were staying over at Yunho’s parents’ house- ugh stupid Steve

Please log in to read the full chapter