Chapter 2

Sweet Emotions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

 

It’s my first day in my new school. Transferring in the middle of my senior year, I heard that my credentials have been transferred and I was placed in the first class as all my academic records were excellent. I don’t find myself intelligent though it seems that people see me as so.

Walking on my way to school, I saw a lot of students. Oh, the uniform looks really good. With all the plaited short skirt and long-sleeved blouse and a tie to match it up, heck! I can rock this outfit any day!

Walking inside the big gates of this institution, I was appalled. “This place is huge! How do I go about this place?” I had to go to the registrar’s office to get my student slip so that I can have my schedule. Standing in what I think is a soccer field, someone bumped into me and I lost my footing and dropped. “What the…who the heck bumped into me.” I looked around and saw a tall guy running away mouthing “I’m sorry!” Great! My first day in class and I got hit by someone. So in frustration I said, “you could have shouted your sorry!”

 

With nothing to go from there, I found my way to the registrar’s office and got my schedule. Looking at it, I saw that my first class was English. Jackpot! This is easy. I have always aced this subject since before. Hope it doesn’t change with the new school that I have.

 

Walking the hall way, I found my way to class and was disappointed to see that the teacher has arrived. I got lost in this big school that it took me quite some Min Hoe to arrive in my destination. As I was about to get in, the teacher glanced at my way and gave me a smile. “Ah! You must be the new student. Come in.” ”Yes, I am. I’m sorry for being late.” “It’s alright, we haven’t started yet.” With that, he addressed to the crowd, “class, we have a new student, miss, can you introduce yourself?” And everyone looked at me. “Good Morning. I’m Park Shin Hye. A transferee from the Australia. I hope we can all be friends and I will do my best to be of help to everyone.” Very well said. Class, let us all help Shin Hye as she is new to Singapore and she needs friends to cope with her subjects. Shin Hye, please take the vacant seat beside Lee Min Ho.”

 

My eyes went to the vacant seat instructed by Mr. Kim. But what caught my attention was the person beside it. He couldn’t be the person who just bumped into me this morning? Mr. Kim then said, “Min Ho, you are tasked to tour Shin Hye around the campus as she is sitting beside you.”

 

My mouthed opened not because of excitement but rather because I was shocked with what was happening. This couldn’t be a coincidence. I’m having a bad luck in my first day of class, early in the morning! How am I going to survive the whole day! Approaching my designated seat, I saw him smile…Wait, was it a smile or a smirk? I couldn’t care less. I am not interested in him. Looking at this guy, it sends signals to my brain that he is bad luck. So I made conversation to the person seating at the other side of my seat.

 

“Hi I’m Shin Hye. Nice to meet you.” ”Hello, I’m Lin.” Ling seems shy but she has this genuine smile which you know she is going to be a great friend. When classes started, I was happy to doing well in class. I participated in the conversation and the topic was normal for me. But Min Ho seems to be grabbing the attention bar. I never noticed it but he looks good and he is excellent with English too.

 

Ling, on the other hand is having a hard Min Hoe so I said “Hey Lin, would you like to teach me your language and I will teach you English. That way I won’t get lost in the street because you helped me with Hanggul.” Lin gave me a big smile and said “Really? Sure I would be glad to help you. Let’s schedule this lunch and talk about it.” I said “Sure, I will see you in lunch.” First and second class ended fairly well and I was coping up with the language barrier. None the less, Lin was helping me out with the alien words while Min Ho was being his annoying self.

 

The bell rang for snacks and everybody came rushing out of the room. As I was about to stand up, I was then pulled by someone out of the door and into the hallway.

 

“What are you doing? What’s wrong with you?!” As I looked up, I saw two bright eyes and a signature smirk in front of me. “Have you forgotten what Mr. Kim just said?” I was confused for a minute and said “huh?” “Did you ever understand the instructions that he said? Ok, let me reiterate again, he said that I will tour you around the campus during the break and this is one of the breaks of this school. We still have 20 minutes before next class start. Do you have anything to say?” I was astonished so I told him, “You don’t have to do this you know. Mr. Kim will not know. I won’t tell.” He laughed. “And what? Miss this chance to be with the most popular transferee in the campus? No way. Let me just show you around”

 

I didn’t argue anymore. It was futile. I followed Min Ho silently into the campus introducing me to the different important locations, rooms and building of the school. As I have said before, this place is huge.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter