Chapter Two

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Petos (Betrayal) •°*”˜.•°*”˜
Chapter Two
❝ Petos ❞

The meeting was just talk about the new blood moon festival. For such an urgent call, he was surprised that it was over something so futile. Then again, there had been talk about the hunters getting closer to their location. Moving was a horrible option, and that was something Jungkook didn’t want to think about. This mansion was his home, one he had come to love. He was born there and grew up there and for his own to be in jeopardy...well he would do anything he could to protect it. However, supposedly the blood moon was going to save them. How? He wasn’t sure. But it was his first blood moon festival he was going to attend now that he was high enough in the ranks.

 

The meeting ended over an hour ago and Jungkook had went to get himself dinner before making his way to Yugyeom’s room. He was very excited to tell the other the good news, but he needed to eat first before he could go about celebrating. However, as he threw open the door to Yugyeom’s room, he stared at the tray of food still resting on the small dinette set in the corner of the room. Had the other not eaten? What was wrong?

 

Walking in silently, he rounded the half wall that divided the room into two and stared at the bed where his friend laid sleeping. It was rare that Jungkook could see the other just resting without purposefully sneaking into the room. And since he had the opportunity, he was going to use it to study the other.

 

Six months. That’s how long Yugyeom had been with them. They had taken him in as a orphan, fighting for his own survival. He never questioned why Yugyeom seemed so accepting that they were vampires and so willing to want to be with them. It didn’t matter really. He had proven himself time and time again that he valuable and trust worthy. He even kept Jungkook company during their studies. Though for the most part, Jungkook was teaching Yugyeom the ways of their life; things that Jungkook already knew most about. He had taken to it well and he was sure that very soon the clan would finally turn him and he would be apart of their family forever.

 

And over the course of the time he had been with Yugyeom, Jungkook slowly found himself falling for the other. The way he looked, the way he carried himself. Everything that Yugyeom was, Jungkook fell for. And with how close they had gotten, he was certain that Yugyeom had fallen for him too. They were just too close for it not to be more. And he wanted to finally confess. That’s why he had left the address and the date in Yugyeom’s journal. He hadn’t bothered to read any of it, wanting to simply respect Yugyeom’s privacy. But he wrote it so he could finally confess and they could be together. That would be the happiest day of his life.

 

With a soft sigh, he let a gentle smile spread over his lips as he walked over to the bed. He stood there for a moment before jumping on it and grinned. ‘Yuggie!!!” he called happily. “Time to wake up!!”

 

Yugyeom jerked when his bed suddenly bounced and the very annoying voice shouted in the air. Sleepy eyes opened and looked around before landing on the male that was bouncing on his bed. He groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers up. “No.”

 

“But Yuggie! Come on! I have something exciting to tell you!”

 

Yugyeom groaned as he slowly dragged himself up into a sitting position, running a hand back through his hair before rubbing his tired eyes. “What is it Kookie?” He asked, the nickname something he had come up with as an attempt to make it more believable that they were close. “I was trying to sleep, I’ve been exhausted since I got home but no one was around so I was curious.” He muttered in a husky, sleep deprived voice. He just wanted to sleep, but Jungkook sounded eager and when Jungkook was eager it meant for a good report to his father.

 

“The blood moon festival is happening this year! The elders are finally letting me join in on it.” Jungkook said as he settled down next to Yugyeom with an excited grin on his lips. It would be the first blood moon festival he has ever been invited to, the first he would ever be able to participate and certainly not his last. It was a great honor to be invited to participate in the preparations for the night of the blood moon, the gathering of hunters was a symbol of pride for the vampires, and the blood shed under the blood moon was said to appease their goddess lilith.

 

Yugyeom raised a brow at Jungkook as he scooted a little bit away from the vampire, his lips pursed as he listened to the excited vampire. “And what exactly is this festival about?” He asked groggily, still a little confused about what the vampire was babbling on about. This was the kind of information that his father would need, a festival held under the blood moon didn't sound like a good thing for the humans.

Jungkook paused and then glanced back at the door before leaning closer. “I'm not really supposed to tell anyone outside of the elites but, its a gathering. We spend three months leading up to the blood moon hunting down the hunters across the world. It only happens once every three years because we lose so many vampires in the process. But this year our numbers are greater than any blood moon cycle before.” He said softly, biting his lip nervously. “I was brought into the elites two years ago. It’s been non stop training and planning for them since then.We even found the location of the hunter headquarters in Seoul, no one has been able to dig up any more information about them though, everything is too well guarded.”

 

Yugyeom went pale at the information that had been given to him, they had found his division and their headquarters? So how long would it be before they discovered that he was a spy? How long would he have left to live? He cleared his throat and nodded as he looked over at Jungkook with a curious gaze. “When does the gathering start?” He asked cautiously, pausing before adding on. “Are you going with them? To gather the hunters?”

 

Jungkook hummed softly and shook his head. “No, not me.” he said. “It’s rather dangerous for the gathering so they’re sending the more skilled vampires out to do it.” he explained and sat back on his hands. “So for the next three months if it seems more quiet around here, that’s why.” he said and nodded. “But on the night of the blood moon, we all gather and make our sacrifices to our Goddess. And she will continue to bless us with our immortality, our strength and all the other wonderful gifts she has given to our kind.” he said. He jerked and sat up quickly and took one of Yugyeom’s hand. “And!” he said. “You’ll be one of us soon!” he said and nodded. ‘And I’m almost sure it’ll be before the blood moon. We’ll turn you and then the sacrifices and you’ll be blessed too and you’ll be apart of our family forever.” he said with a wide smile.

 

“Aren’t you excited Yuggie?! We’ll be together forever! It’ll be so cool!”

 

Yugyeom listened with a numb mind, he could feel his blood running cold at the words that were coming out of Jungkook’s mouth. He nodded out of instinct and gave the young vampire a slight smile. “That's great!” He said softly, nearly choking on his own words. He had three months to stop them from murdering countless numbers of Hunters, himself included once they found out who he really was. Then there was the fact that they were going to turn him into one of them, he didn't want to be turned. He would rather kill himself than become a vampire. “But forever is such a long time, what if we end up hating each other?” He asked as he looked over at Jungkook, his complexion still pale. He knew that Jungkook would hate him once he found out he was a hunter trying to help the SOSD kill off their race.

 

“Hate each other?” Jungkook asked, brows furrowed as he stared at him. “Why would we ever hate each other?” he asked confused. The idea of hating Yugyeom never crossed his mind, mainly because he was so infatuated with the male. And surely Yugyeom felt the same way, didn’t he? He had to have. There were just countless giveaways that Jungkook had picked up on. He wasn’t just imagining them.

 

“Well, you know, sometimes people just get tired of seeing each other’s faces after spending a long time with each other.” Yugyeom tried to offer up as an excuse to his words. That made sense right?

 

“I wouldn’t.” Jungkook told him and smiled. “I like your face. Besides, you’re my best friend. There’s nothing you could ever do that would make me hate you.” he chuckled. “So forever really isn’t long enough. But it’s a start.” he nodded.

 

Yugyeom sighed softly as he rubbed the back of his neck. “If you say so.. I'm still not sure about the forever thing, I’ve met some people over time that i don't think i can handle seeing get old and die while i don't age.” He said as he looked down at his lap. It was true, that was what he didn't want. He didn't want to see his family and friends die off slowly as he kept on living.

 

Jungkook frowned a little as he tilted his head, reaching over to put his hand on Yugyeom’s shoulder. “I know it's hard to think about, but you will get used to it. That's why we don't make friends with anyone who isn't a vampire. Since you're going to be a vampire the its okay for me to be your friend.” He said with a soft smile, his hand moving to rest of Yugyeom’s bicep. “Besides, vampire friendships are different, they are the definition of forever friends.”

 

Yugyeom stared at the hand resting on his bicep and frowned some before looking away. “But I-” He had to stop himself and remember the lie he had told everyone. He was an orphan. No family, no friends. So he should really be okay with this forever thing, but that still couldn’t stop him from having the feelings he did, expressing them the way he did. He sighed softly and closed his eyes for a moment. “It just that I have witnessed so many being lost in my life. My family.” he whispered. “Even if I become a vampire, there are ways we can be killed, isn’t there?” he asked. “Forever really isn’t forever, is it?”

 

Jungkook stared at him, a deep frown etched on his face. Of course there was a way to kill them. While they were immortal, most of them avoided sunlight. While sunlight wasn’t going to kill them, it made them highly uncomfortable and there were cases of severe burns that took weeks and round the clock blood feeding to cure. Their goddess kept them safe, with near invincibility, but he knew there was a weakness. There was always a weakness. But no hunters or humans had ever figured out what the weakness was that could kill them. They tended to just believe that hollywood myths of holy water, stakes to the heart and garlic. And none of those actually hurt them. Well, maybe the stake, but that was a stake being shoved into their chest, so of course it was going to hurt. Sure they were “the undead” but they still had sensations. Things still hurt!

 

“Only those who know how to kill us can actually kill us. As long as no one knows, then we live forever.” Jungkook whispered. “Forever is forever. D-Do you not want to be my friend forever?” he asked worriedly.

 

Yugyeom took a moment to think about what he was going to say, he didn't want to make Jungkook mad. But the lies that he had to come up with were risky. He did want more friends outside of the agency… but befriending a vampire? As a hunter that was punishable by death. “I don't know. What happens when the hunters find us?” He asked softly, looking up at Jungkook for a moment. “We’ll die if they find us. They are strong right? From what i’ve read in my studies they are hard to defeat.”

Jungkook gulped and nodded slowly, chewing on his bottom lip as he sighed softly. “They won't find us... “ He said firmly, shaking his head as he gazed at Yugyeom. “And if they do i won't let them hurt you. I’m stronger than any of them.” He fisted the sheet between them and lowered his head. He wouldn't let anyone hurt Yugyeom, he couldn't bare seeing his beautiful friend getting injured or being killed. He wouldn’t allow it. If the hunters attacked before Yugyeom was turned then Jungkook would take him away from the village and do it himself in secrecy.

 

Jesus what was wrong with this kid? Nothing Yugyeom was saying was even swaying the guy from this whole thing. And while he understood that he was supposed to be trying to turn into a vampire, things were getting too risky anymore. With three months and a threat of the vampires killing the hunters and turning him, he had to figure out a way to turn the tables. This information, even though he just talked to Jinyoung earlier that night, needed to be relayed back to the headquarters. He had to warn them of what was going to happen. But he had to do it in a way that Jungkook wouldn’t get suspicious and right now he was sure the older male was very suspicious about him.

 

“You trust me, don’t you?” Jungkook asked and Yugyeom sighed.

 

“Of course I do. I’m just worried. Things can go wrong. I just don’t want anyone getting hurt if things happen.” Yugyeom said carefully, trying to choose his words carefully.

 

“Then just trust me, Yugyeom. You will always be safe. I promise that.” Yugyeom stared at him and nodded, smiling softly.

 

“Okay. Okay. Now, can I go back to sleep?” Yugyeom asked and stared at him. ‘I’m really tired.”

 

“Oh crap!” Jungkook gasped and stood from the bed. ‘I’m sorry. I forgot I woke you. Yeah yeah, Go and rest. You may not see me tonight thought. Preparations will be starting. But don’t worry, I’ll try to find time to visit.”

 

“Don’t worry about it!” Yugyeom said quickly. “If you don’t have time, it’s fine. I understand. You focus on the things for the festival and I’ll just work on my studies.” he said. Jungkook smiled and nodded a few times.

 

“Okay.” Jungkook said. ‘Well, rest well Yugyeom and study hard and don’t forget to eat. You’ll need all your strength for the transformation.”

 

“I will. Goodnight Kookie.” he said as he grabbed his blanket, pulling it up and over himself. He laid himself back down, his back to Jungkook. He could feel the other still there, just staring at him. It felt like eternity, but eventually the burning feeling in his back dissipated and the soft click of the door closing was the only signal he got that Jungkook had indeed left his room. Yugyeom let out a shaky breath and rolled onto his back. Running his hand through his hair, he stared up at the ceiling and gave a slight shake of his head. “. .” he whispered. “God damn blood ers. It can never be easy.” he muttered to himself. He knew he needed to pass this information on to the SOSD. He would have to risk leaving again and heading straight to his father this time to give the information, but it was necessary. But he also needed sleep. A few hours a least and then he would go. Closing his eyes, he let his mind wander to what the future will hold, sending him into a restless sleep.