Tea Party (Continuation - 30)

Everything To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie arrives at the venue.

 

 

 

She finds her mom talking to a small group of people.

 

 

 

She approaches them.

 

 

 

“Jennie, dear! You made it.” Her mom gives her a hug, “Let me introduce you to -“

 

 

 

“Mom.” Jennie cuts her off, “Can I please talk to you for a second? In private?”

 

 

 

Jennie’s mom excuses herself from the crowd.

 

 

 

“Mom, what is this? Why do I need to be here?” Annoyance from the sudden ambush is evident in her voice.

 

 

 

“Didn’t we already talk about this?” Jennie’s mom says, “Mrs. Kim is bringing her son to this event. Didn’t you already agree to meeting him?”

 

 

 

“Mom, I’m not going on a blind date with some stranger,”

 

 

 

“It’s not a blind date. It’s more like a meeting. Just see if you can get along, that’s all we are asking.” 

 

 

 

Jennie covers her face with her palm as she shakes her head in silent protest.

 

 

 

But she knows there is no arguing with her mother when it comes to these things.

 

 

 

“Fine. Just this once. But never again. Ok?”

 

 

 

Her mom’s face lights up at her response.

 

 

 

She immediately pulls Jennie across the room, towards a beautiful woman looking way too young to have a child her age.

 

 

 

This is Mrs. Kim?

 

 

 

Jennie says her greetings.

 

 

 

They make small talk while sipping on sparkling water and snacking on hors d’oeuvres.

 

 

 

Moments later, a familiar voice calls Mrs. Kim’s attention.

 

 

 

She turns around and smiles, “Oh you’ve arrived just in time.” She links her arms to the boy who approached her.

 

 

 

Jennie’s mouth drops open as she realizes who it is.

 

 

 

And it is the most dressed up she’s ever seen him.

 

 

 

Hanbin.

 

 

 

And he is looking unusually handsome today.

 

 

 

Snap out of it, Jen.

 

 

 

Jennie looks away, trying to get a grip on her thoughts.

 

 

 

Hanbin squints as he sees Jennie.

 

 

 

“Jen?” He asks, as if to make sure he is not just seeing things, “What are you doing here?”

 

 

 

Jennie puts her glass down and crosses her arms, “Shouldn’t I be asking you that? Is - is this,” her eyes trail to Mrs. Kim, “your mom??”

 

 

 

Their moms exchange looks, 

 

 

 

“You know each other??” They ask in unison.

 

 

 

Hanbin notices the woman standing beside Jennie and bows to her, “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Hanbin.”

 

 

 

Then he extends a hand to her, “You must be Jennie’s mom. We both train at the same company,”

 

 

 

“Ahh! So you’re both - ??” Jennie’s mom points to the both of them, “Omo so we didn’t have to introduce them after all.” She laughs

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim joins in her laughter, “What a wonderful coincidence! Finally someone I could ask. We could barely get him to come home, Jennie-ah. He claims to always be busy. Is there any truth to this?”

 

 

 

Jennie’s mom laughs, “Our Jennie is like that too. I barely get to see her. Omo they already have so much in common!”

 

 

 

It is now Jennie and Hanbin’s turn t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter