It's not enough to say sorry

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: I was so surprised that you liked Yutae’s blushing moments and Naren’s efforts at shipping their parents. I may have spoiled it in the comments but look out for more Yutae and Naren because they ship hard and straight to the point.

 

 

And up next is another morning from a sleep over.

 

I am writing this one in celebration of Ten’s Station song and for his exemption from the military service. Johnny must be so relieved with it.

 

 

----

 

The rain had stopped when Johnny opened his eyes. It was still a bit dim and he figured it must be dawn. He squinted to check the time and it read a little past 5 am. He sighed as he looked at the sleeping boy still tucked into him, gripping his shirt like a lifeline.

 

“Sorry, Lucas is really clingy when scared.” Johnny looked at the other adult on the bed and smiled at how cute Ten looked while rubbing sleep from his eyes; he looked like a kitten grooming himself. Johnny shook his head, what was that thought about huh?

 

“Oh it’s okay.” Johnny chuckled and watched his son try to grip Ten’s hand, blindly searching for it.

 

“Did you sleep well?” Ten asked and Johnny nodded because despite being cramped in a sofa bed with a kid attached t o his chest, it was peaceful and comfortable. “I’m hungry, anything you want for breakfast?” Ten asked.

 

“I can help you make breakfast.” Johnny offered and Ten nodded as he gently tuck Mark back to the center of the bed.

 

Johnny did the same to Lucas, removing his sweater in favor of draping them on the two kids. Ten led the way back to the kitchen as Johnny grabbed the beer bottles for disposal. Once at the kitchen, Ten rummaged inside the refrigerator and hollering Johnny what he wanted to eat. Johnny returned after disposing the bottles on the proper bin (Ten was strict with his garbage and it was neatly labeled) and thought for a while.

 

“Bacon and eggs.” Johnny replied.

 

“How American.” Ten snorted.

 

“Well I am an American citizen.” Johnny shrugged making Ten laugh.

 

Ten eventually procured a frying pan as Johnny looked for some coffee. Ten pointed the coffee maker and Johnny gaped at the high-tech coffee machine making Ten laugh at him. It was really a whim when he bought the machine, but he guessed buying it was a wise investment compared to buying coffee every morning.

 

“How rich can you get?” Johnny remarked and Ten hummed.

 

“You should see Sicheng’s house, it’s a mansion.” Ten remarked and Johnny shook his head, too muh luxury is bad for his head. “How do you want your eggs?” Ten asked and Johnny did not spare him a glance as he grabbed a mug from the cupboard just above the coffee machine.

 

“Over easy. Mark likes his sunny side up.” Johnny replied. “How do you like your coffee?” Johnny asked and Ten answered as he cracked open the eggs.

 

“Setting two, grab the tall mug.” Ten replied and Johnny nodded.

 

They did breakfast comfortably like they had done it a million times never really noticing two pairs of eyes watching them.

 

---

 

Mark and Lucas had woken up shortly after the adults left and with bladders waiting to explode, Lucas had led Mark back to his room and towards the bathroom to relieve themselves. Lucas yawned as Mark walked out of the bathroom, adjusting his pajamas to make himself presentable.


“You stole my papa.” Lucas told the younger and Mark glared at him.

 

“You were like a monkey hanging off of Dad!” Mark countered.

 

“I must admit, uncle Johnny is strong and warm.” Lucas shrugged.

 

“Uncle Ten is soft and warm, he’s like a mom.” Mark said and Lucas smiled.

 

“Papa is so soft right?” Lucas said with a grin and Mark nodded.

 

 

‘If that what it feels like to have a mom, I want one.” Mark remarked.

 

“Why would you want a mom when you can have Papa?” Lucas asked.

 

“Huh? You want to share your papa?” Mark asked and Lucas shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Yeah, I like your dad. He could probably lift me up on his shoulders with ease. Papa can’t do that or else his knees will hurt.” Lucas said.

 

“Oh, yeah Dad is that strong.” Mark mused. “You’re not bad of a brother either.” Mark remarked and Lucas shoved him lightly.

 

“I’m the best brother you can have.” Lucas said proudly.

 

“Really?” Mark asked.

 

“Hello.” Lucas deadpanned making Mark laugh.

 

“If you like my dad…” Mark started.

 

“And you like my Papa…” Lucas continued and they stared at each other while grinning like mad men before they high fived and left the room to sneak a peak in the kitchen.

 

 

----

 

Mark and Lucas were smiling at the sight, their fathers are getting along well, but if they want the other father to be their father as well, they need to make things happen. And with the motivation of a fired up hero, Mark and Lucas went in for an attack.

 

They cried as they ran to the kitchen, alerting both parents. Ten and Johnny were ready to get their sons when Mark ran to Ten, hugging his waist while Lucas ran to Johnny and asked to be lifted.

 

‘What’s wrong honey?” Ten asked, turning off the stove and plating the eggs before kneeling to face Mark.

 

“I woke up and you were gone.” Mark said. “You said you won’t leave.” Mark wiped the tears from his eyes and sniffed a few times.

 

“I’m sorry, I was just cooking breakfast.” Ten cooed at the boy and Mark peeked to see the eggs.

 

“Bacon?” Mark asked, sniffing a bit more.

 

“Just about to cook it.” Ten smiled and led the boy into a bar stool and helped him up. “You want some juice or milk?” Ten asked and Mark rested his head on the counter.

 

“Milk please.” Mark said, now completely calm and smiling.

 

Lucas buried his face on Johnny’s neck as Johnny rubbed circles on his back. “and there were monsters! They were scary!” Lucas cried even more.

 

“It’s okay, uncle Johnny is here.” Johnny pacified the child.

 

“And they got Papa! I was so scared!” lucas blurted out and Johnny smiled at him.

 

“But I’m here with your papa, look I protected him from the monsters!” Johnny tried to reason out with the kid.

 

“But what if you leave and they come back?” Lucas sniffed as Johnny wiped the tears from the boy’s face.

 

“You can call me.” Johnny replied and this seemed to calm the child down as he asked to be placed down. Johnny nodded and placed him on bar stool next to Mark. ‘You want milk?” He asked and Lucas nodded. “Continue frying the bacon, I’ll handle them for a while.” Johnny said and Ten nodded, switching the flame on and started the bacon.

 

Johnny took the milk carton out of the fridge and two glasses from the cupboard then returned to the island where the kids seemed to be indulged in their own world. He poured each a glass and let them drink it before he tousled both hairs.

 

“Dad, where will we go today?” Mark asked and Johnny looked at his son with a confused expression. “It’s our father and son day!” Mark pouted and Johnny laughed, forgetting that important bonding ritual that they do every Saturday.

 

“We can go to the mall, the ice rink would have less people now.” Johnny mused and Mark nodded.

 

“Papa can we go too?!” Lucas asked and Ten looked at his son with a raised brow. “ice rink!!!” Lucas chirped, squeaking at the end.

 

“That’s not very good for my knee Lucas.” Ten replied and Lucas deflated.

 

“Oh you have an injury?” Johnny asked curiously.

 

“Got surgery for my knee, it healed well but I can’t really stress it that much and low temperatures make it hurt a bit, I think it’s phantom pain.” Ten shrugged.

 

“It’s an important matter, you should have a medical check up.” Johnny said wit concern and Ten smiled.

 

“I will, don’t worry.” Ten responded.

 

“Uncle Johnny is warm, he can keep you warm too and he can hold your hand so you won’t fall. He can hold my hand as well!” Lucas said matter-of-factly.

 

“What about me? Who will hold me?” Mark asked.

 

“You can hold papa’s hand.” Lucas pointed out confusing Ten and Johnny.

 

 

“Do you even know how to skate?” Mark asked Lucas who shook his head. “That’s okay, I’ll teach you.” Mark said proudly as Ten placed the eggs and bacon in front of them. Johnny sat next to Mark while Ten sat next to Lucas.

 

“Can we go?” Lucas asked and Ten looked at Johnny who nodded.

 

“Okay but finish your breakfast.” Ten said and Lucas cheered and happily ate his breakfast.

 

---

 

After they had finished breakfast, Ten and Johnny washed the dishes and allowed Mark and Lucas to take a bath. The six year olds were pretty much independent and can do it on their own that made their jobs as parents that much easier.

 

Mark and Lucas came down dressed in preppy clothes and the two fathers can’t help but coo at the two adorable boys. Mark tugged on Johnny’s shirt and handed a comb. Johnny took the offered comb and carried the boy to sit on the island as he combed his son’s hair.

 

Lucas pouted and tugged on Johnny’s sleeve as well as and the adult lifted the boy up to sit next to mark.

 

“I can comb your hair too!” Ten pouted.

 

“Nah, Papa is so small!” Lucas commented making Johnny laugh.

 

“That’s not nice Dad!” Mark pouted and Johnny pinched his cheeks. “Say sorry!” Mark demanded.

 

“Okay.” Johnny sighed then turned to Ten. “I’m sorry for laughing at you.” Johnny said and Ten blushed and bowed at him too when Johnny bowed.

 

“It’s okay.” Ten responded.

 

“No, it’s not papa! You make me kiss you when I apologize!” Lucas remarked and Mark nodded.

 

“Yeah appa, you kiss me too after saying sorry.” Mark added and both parents were shocked.

 

“It’s not necessary and we barely knew each other!” Ten squeaked.

 

“But..” Both Mark and Lucas said and Johnny just sighed and turned to Ten to again apologize, but now for what he’s about to do.

 

He leaned in and lightly pecked Ten’s forehead making the two boys clap in joy while both Johnny and Ten ended up blushing. The adults stared at each other, eyes looking at each like it was in some drama scene. Mark had to tug on Johnny’s shirt for him to resume his task at combing the boys’ hair while Ten excused himself to take a shower and change for the day.

 

‘Uncle Johnny?” Lucas called out and Johnny looked at the boy. “Can we sleep over?” Lucas asked and Johnny blinked at the boy.

 

“That would be cool Dad!” Mark beamed at him making Johnny sigh.

 

“Ask your Papa first.” Johnny remarked and finished combing the children’s hair and let them down. He instructed them to play on their own and behave while he showered and changed.

 

Mark and Lucas high-fived each other and ran to the game room where Lucas kept his ipad for the to play some tap games.

 

Johnny had the liberty to use the guest bathroom and thank the heavens he packed some decent casual clothes he could wear to the mall. He checked himself in the mirror and when he deemed himself presentable he stepped out of the room only to meet Ten face to face as the other left his room as well. They both blushed but kept their cool as they went down to meet the kids. Lucas and Mark saw their fathers coming but stopped when they saw how complement each other. Johnny was wearing light denim pants, a striped shirt and a black cardigan while Ten was wearing dark denim pants, white button down and a striped coat.

 

“Uncle Ten looks so pretty!” Mark mused.

 

‘It’s handsome not pretty.” Lucas argued making Ten chuckle.

 

“I’ll accept pretty.” Lucas said and lightly pinched Mark’s squishy cheek.

 

“Uncle Johnny is handsome, he looks like a prince.” Lucas remarked and Johnny laughed.

 

“Thank you.” Johnny replied and then Lucas turned to his father.

 

“Papa can we have a sleep over at Uncle Johnny?” Lucas asked and Ten gaped at him.

 

“Yes Unle Ten Sleep over!! Dad can cook spaghetti, no ketchup just tomato sauce.” Mark added.

 

Ten looked at Johnny who shrugged his shoulders making Ten laugh. “I guess we can.” The kids instantly cheered. ‘Let me prepare out clothes then huh?” Ten asked and excused himself to pack.

 

“What are you two up to?” Johnny asked but the two just shrugged their shoulders and returned to play their game. Johnny chuckled as he retrieved Mark’s clothes from Lucas’ room and pack their day bag; it’ll be an interesting Saturday.

 

 

 

--------

a/n: Since Renjun and Jaemin stepped up their A-game, Lucas and Mark aren’t gonna back down from a challenge. These dreamies are really working super hard for their father’s happiness so let’s support them all the way.

 

I hope you liked this one too because Mark and Lucas really worked hard shipping their parents.

 

I am really thankful to all who are continuously supporting this fanfiction. Until the next update ^^

 

Talk to me:

main twitter account , NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat
Askfm