Moving Forward

Dream Kindergarten

A/n: so this will be Tuesday

 

----- 

Johnny and Ten were silent as they unwrapped the breakfast sent by Sicheng. Ten looked guilty and Johnny was a little awkward with all this but they both sighed and laughed at how they were acting.

 

“We need to talk about this.” Johnny said and Ten nodded. 

 

They worked out the day’s routine and Ten insisted that Johnny take his car to school which the older frowned upon but Ten coaxed him to do so since Johnny will need to pick him up at the hospital later. With kisses from both Mark and Lucas, Ten waved at them and watched them leave for school.

 

Johnny drove carefully with Lucas and Mark babbling about their expectations for the day including Engish time and music class. Johnny smiled as he listened to the kids because he does find joy in the simple pleasures kids find in simple and sometimes mundane things. They arrived at the kindergarten and Johnny led them inside, each boy holding his hand like it was what they usually did.

 

“Johnny?” They all heard a voice and they smiled seeing Taeyong and Jaemin along with Yuta and Renjun.

 

“Hey Taeyong! Yuta!” Johnny greeted back.

 

“Why is Lucas with you?” Yuta asked and Johnny sighed.

 

“Ten injured his knee and he can’t strees it for a while so I am taking care of the kids.” Johnny explained briefly.

 

“Ten injured his knee? He didn’t call me!” Yuta screamed.

 

“It’s okay, I’m taking care of him and making sure he doesn’t push himself too much.” Johnny assured the Japanese.

 

“Really?” Taeyong was grinning and Johnny raised his brow.

 

“Oh Mr. Seo!” Kun greeted and the three bowed at the teacher. “Yuta-san, remmebr the school I was telling you? Mr. Seo is a teacher at the high school  it is partnered with.” Kun informed Yuta who smiled at Kun the to Johnny.

 

“Are you planning to enroll Renjun and Jaemin ther?” Johnny asked and Yuta nodded. “I could give you a tour. Uh, not today though because I have to go to the hospital with Ten for his check up but tomorrow will work.” Johnny offered.

 

‘We have to meet with Doyoung tomorrow.” Taeyong spoke.

 

‘Let me take the kids. See you later.” Kun said and the children followed after their teacher.

 

“Kun sensei, Daeown-ssi will fetch Lucas and Mark later. They’ll be going home with Chenle and Jisung.” Johnny explained and Kun nodded then smiled at him.

 

“Hey Nana, Usagi!” Taeyong called out and handed each their lunch box to which the kids thanked him with pecks on the cheek.

 

“We have to get the pictures for Jaemin’s and Renjun’s birthday invites.” Yuta told Johnny.

 

“Oh they have the same birthdays?” Johnny inquired.

 

“Long story. But Thursday? I could ask Jaehyun to join the tour because Jeno’s gonna enter first grade as well.” Taeyong informed him.

 

“Yeah, that works fine. I better go.” Johnny excused himself.

 

“Let me give you a ride!” Taeyong offered but Johnny shook his head.

 

“Ten lent me his car.” Johnny said and Taeyong raised a brow at him.

 

“Take care.” Yuta waved with a smile.

 

 

-----

 

Doyoung was getting his morning cup of coffee when he spotted a familiar face near the counter. “Taeil hyung?” Doyoung called out and Taeil turned and smiled at him.

 

“Hey Doyoung.” Taeil greeted.

 

“You look a bit different.” Doyoung eyed the friend.

 

‘Yeah, I can’t really stay right now but I’ll drop by on Friday.” Taeil said and then waved before dashing out and boarding a heavily tinted SUV, making Doyoung a bit concerned.

 

Doyoung shrugged his shoulders then went in line.

 

Sicheng was pouting when Taeil entered and the older had to explain that Doyoung is a dear friend who had helped him move on and that the feelings they have for each other was simply platonic.

 

 

Sicheng was still pouted so Taeil took his hand and entangled their fingers. Sicheng was surprised but Taeil just smiled at him then hel d his hand and rubbed it gently with his thumb.

 

“You don’t have to be jealous, I’ll let you meet him and he’ll tell you that we are just friends.” Taeil said and Sicheng sighed.

 

“I am a brat right? Would you still take care of a brat?” Sicheng asked making Taeil laugh.

 

 

“You sure are acting one, but yes, I am willing to take care of you even if you are turning into a brat.” Taeil replied and Sicheng smiled wide at him.

 

“As much as I like seeing you both intimate, but please keep it in the down low!” Marco called out from the driver’s seat and Sicheng scowled at him.

 

“It’s okay, come on.” Taeil laughed and Sicheng really really liked the sound of it.

 

----

Bambam was sighing as he assisted his brother inside the Hospital. He was not fond of seeing his brother in pain especially because he knows that he is passionate in dancing, and anything that hinders this is heartbreaking.

 

“You can go back now, Sorn and Jae might be missing you.” Ten said but Bambam frowned at him.

 

“You want me to leave you unattended with a busted knee?” Bambam asked and Ten sighed.

 

“Johnny’s coming and he’ll be assisting me.” Ten informed his brother who was suprprised to hear some guy’s name.

 

“Johnny? Are you dating someone?” Bambam asked and Ten glared at him. “You were never into relationships, what gives?” Bambam asked but Ten just kept quiet.

 

“Ten!” Johnny called out and Ten’s lips instantly smiled as he waved at Johnny who was casually walking down the hall.

 

“Oh.” Bambam remarked and chuckled.

 

“Sorry, our principal held me back.” Johnny explained and Ten was muttering that it was all okay and that he did not wait long. They stared at each other for a few more moments until Bambam decided to make his presence known.

 

“Hello!” Bambam said and waved at Johnny.

 

“This is my brother Bambam.” Ten introduced him and Johnny extended a hand.

 

“Johnny. I guess you have a tongue twister of a name as well?” Johnny asked making Bambam laugh.

 

‘Yeah I do but let’s not dwell on that. Take care of my brother for my Johnny-hyung.” Bambam waved then leaned to Ten and whispered. “You better spill the tea, you got a gorgeous man.” Bambam smiled and left them while Ten blushed at the statement.

 

“You okay?” Johnny asked and Ten nodded.

 

They went to the second floor for Ten’s card to be verified as well as the treatments he’ll be doing. The urse gladly assisted them and called them back later to provide instructions and rooms for the procedures including a MIR scan and X-ray.

Dr. Kim greeted them happily and took the results and showed it to them. “The swelling will eventually die down. Joints are intact and no broken ligaments. Just rest it up and prevent over exerting yourself too much okay?" Dr. Kim said and Te’'s face lit up with the good news.

 

“Really Doc?” Ten asked and Dr. Kim laughed then nodded.

 

“Yeah. So no strenuous activities okay boys?” Dr. Kim winked making both Johnny and Ten blush. “come on you both have kis already.” Dr. Kim laughed and signed Ten’s medication. “Take care.” Dr. Kim said and waved them out.

 

Ten was happy, of course he was because he can keep on dancing. He then looked at Johnny who was grinning as well, happy that Ten is not going to be crippled or whatever. “Let’s celebrate huh?” Johnny asked and Ten nodded, pizza and ice cream sounded nice. “And you better call Yuta, he’s worried about you.” Johnny said as he grabbed Ten’s hand and intertwined them.

 

“Ah, yeah I will.” Ten beamed a smile as they walked casually towards the car.  “Johnny?” Ten asked and Johnny hummed. “I know this may sound weird or creepy but..” Ten bit his lip and then looked at Johnny straight in the eyes. ‘I really like you and I would love it if you would move in with me.” Ten blurted out, blushing heavily as the confession slipped so fast.

 

Johnny blinked as he processed the words spoken. He was gaping but he grinned and squeezed Ten’s hand. “I should be the one confessing first but you beat me to it.” Johnny laughed. “Were not even dating but you’re asking me too move in.” Johny said as they continued to walk towards the car. “But yes, I would love too.” Johnny finished as they stopped in front of the passenger side of Ten’s car. He then let Ten’s hand go before he leaned and kissed the smaller’s cheek. “Come on, we need to tell the kids.” Johnny said and Ten beamed him a smile so wide Johnny can’t help but coo at him.

 

------ 

 

Eujin dropped Lucas and Mark at Ten’s house after Johnny informed Sicheng that they were already home. The kids were all hyper as they greeted their parents, demanding hugs and kisses like they were gone for an entire year and not just a few hours. Johnny asked the boys to change into their pajamas first before they eat dinner which was an unhealthy box of pizza, a huge bottle of coke and tubs of ice cream.

 

Lucas and Mark did as they were told and were running back to the kitchen as Johnny opened the box for them. “Homework’s done?” Ten asked and both boys nodded.

 

“Daewon samchon helped us with it.” Lucas informed his father.

 

“Dad, what’s the occasion?” Mark asked before he took a slice of pizza.

 

“What makes you think there is an occasion?” Johnny asked his son back.

 

‘We don’t have pizza on schooldays.” Mark replied, chewing his slice happily.

 

“and we have ice cream!” Lucas shrieked. “We don’t eat ice cream papa unless you are sad or I am sad!” Lucas outed and Ten wiped the pizza sauce off of the kid’s chin with a paper towel.

 

Ten lookeda t Johnny who grinned and nodded. Johnny coughed to get both kids’ attention and offered a hand which Ten took and they intertwined their fingers like it was second nature. “We have to tell you something.” Johnny said and both boys looked at them attentively, chewing the pizza that they had bitten. “Ten and I are together.” Johnny said and both of them blushed.

 

Mark and Lucas blinked at them and then drank their coke. “You’re always together papa.” Lucas remarked.

 

“We meant together like a couple.” Ten explained further.

 

 

“Does that mean I can call uncle Ten papa too?” Mark asked and both Johnny and Ten nodded.

 

The realization hit both kids and they shrieked, scream and then ran to their parents to hug them as tears fell from their tiny eyes. Lucas was crying at Johnny’s chest professing how he really likes Johnny to be his dad and promising to be a good boy to make Johnny stay. Mark was sobbing too but he’s kissing Ten’s cheek and hugging him saying how he really wanted a mom, or papa in technicality, like Ten who would give him attention and love him ust as much as he loves Johnny. Johnny and Ten exchanged looks then laughed, they are going to be a happy family, a little bit chaotic but it will happen.

 

“Mark, we’re moving in here.” Johnny informed his son who screamed in joy, making both adults laugh.

 

-----

 

 

“What?!” Jaehyun clearly was surprised hearing the news from Johnny. “You replaced me that easily?” Jaehyun asked and it made Johnny laugh on the other line.

 

“you replaced me with a fiancé the day you met Doyoung.” Johnny retaliated.

 

“Yeah, I deserve this.” Jaehyun laughed. “But seriously, you really have feelings for Ten?” Jaehyun asked and Johnny cursed at him.

 

“Of course i do, why would I agree to take care of him and move in with him if I don’t have feelings for him?” Johnny said angrily.

 

“Hey, you pretended to be my husband.” Jaehyun shrugged.

 

“Yeah, keyword, Pretend.” Johnny replied.

 

 

“Johnny! Lucas wants you tuck him in!” Ten called out and Jaehyun chuckled at how domestic that sounded.

 

“Wow even Ten’s son likes you? I am impressed.’ Jaehyun said. “send my congratulations to Ten and wish me luck.” Jaehyun said and Johnny laughed.

 

“I’ll back you up when you need me.” Johnny said then hanged up.

 

“Where were you?” Ten asked as Johnny smiled and kissed Mark’s and Lucas’ forehead.

 

“Informed Jaehyun of our relationship.” Johnny replied.

 

“Oh.” Ten muttered as he felt an arm around his waist.

 

“Don’t worry, he took it just fine and congratulated us.” Johnny said then turned off the lights as they went out of Lucas’ room; Mark and Lucas insisted on sharing the bed and Johnny will just need to dismantle Mark’s old bed and transfer it here.

 

“How is he with Doyoung?” Ten asked and Johnny grinned.

 

 

“I’m sure he’ll get there.” Johnny said and kissed the top of Ten’s head as they entered Ten’s, and now their, bedroom to get a good night sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

a/n: I had yet another difficult week so here goes a late update. Was JohnTen development a bit too fast? They are moving toether even if they only met not a week ago.

 

I am sorry if I am disappointing you guys. I really am upset with myself for not churning out better updates.

 

---- 
Talk to me: 
main twitter account,
NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat
Askfm