take a picture, it lasts longer

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: I hope you are all doing fine. Here is the other half of the weekend happening with the families

Taeyong picked up Renjun and they walked towards the studio to fetch Yuta and Jaemin for lunch. Taeyong smiled watching Jaemin interact with Yuta, the kid intently listening to Yuta as he drew quietly.

 

“Tou-chan!” Renjun called out and Yuta smiled at his son.

 

“It’s lunch time.” Taeyong said and Yuta nodded and grabbed Jaemin’s hand and led him out of the studio to where Taeyong and Renjun set the table, impressing Yuta.

 

Jaemin and Renjun sat side by side, forcing Yuta and Taeyong to sit next to each other. Taeyong then took out the rice and served the kids before scooping some for Yuta who politely thanked him. Taeyong beamed him a smile before scooping some for him. Yuta served the kids their portion of the stew, reminding them that it was still before he served Taeyong and himself. They looked like a family and both kids were happy at how this was playing out.

 

“We’re heading out after lunch, I need to teach a class at three.” Taeyong informed Yuta who had wide eyes.

 

‘You have a class?” Yuta asked back in surprise and Taeyong nodded. “You could’ve declined my invitation.” Yuta pouted and both kids glared at Taeyong.

 

“It’s okay, it’s lonely eating alone.” Taeyong assured Yuta.

 

“You don’t like eating with me Dada?” Jaemin asked and Taeyong choked on his rice making Yuta grab a glass of water and help Taeyong with his coughing fit.

 

“Taeyong samchon likes Tou-chan more than you!” Renjun teased and Jaemin looked at Yuta then smiled.

 

“I like Yuta oji too!” Jaemin replied then continued eating with a shrug.

 

“Why don’t you come with us, Renjun wants to learn how to dance and my class is for his age range.” Taeyong invited them and Yuta looked at Renjun who was smiling, he really wanted to learn how to dance.

 

‘But I want to learn how to draw!” Jaemin pouted.

 

“We can carry some stuff so you can draw while Renjun learns to dance, there was a sitting room inside the studio.” Yuta offered and Jaemin nodded and raised a thumb up.

 

After they ate and cleaned up, Taeyong volunteered to help Renjun pack for the class, the adult choosing the perfect comfortable clothes for Renjun to wear and packing essentials like towels and talcum powder. Yuta led Jaemin back to the studio to get art supplies; Yuta took out his art bag and placed a sketch pad,  a set of marker and pencils, and some wipes. Once they were done, they met at the liing room and Taeyong offered to drive them to the studio and back. Yuta told the that they’ll just take the bus home but Taeyong insisted to which Yuta just sighed and nodded, Taeyong sure was strong willed.

 

The ride was filled with excited chatter from the kids; Jaemin showed Renjun his work and the latter smiled and praised him for his improvement. Taeyong looked at the two from his rear view mirror and can’t help but smile because the boys are getting along fine which meant maybe having a tiny crush on Yuta won’t be so bad.

 

Hansol greeted them and pulled the two kids into a tight hug, earning himself a kiss on each cheek.  “Jongin would be finishing his class.” Hansol informed Taeyong who nodded and lead his party to his studio. Jaemin instantly dragged Yuta to the sitting room and they spread out the art supplies on the small table as Renjun followed Taeyong to do some stretches.

 

“I have an hour to fill, up for a lesson?” Taeyong asked Yuta who looked up from the paper he was already sketching with.

 

‘I am not much of a dancer.” Yuta shrugged.

 

“It will be fun Oji!” Jaemin chirped and dragged Yuta towards the center and they faced the mirror. “Dada Switch!” Jaemin said and Taeyong ruffled Jaemin’s hair and plugged his phone to the stereo and searched for the song.

 

The music boomed and Taeyong nodded his head to feel the beat before winking at Yuta and started dancing, with Jaemin instantly joining him. Yuta and Renjun’s eyes were wide as the two danced in perfect sync, like this has been ingrained in them for the longest time. There was also a dance break which totally looked totally cool because damn Taeyong took it to his full advantage.

 

“You think you can handle that choreography?” Taeyong asked and Yuta raised a brow at him.

 

“I’ll stick to Touch my body.” Yuta said making Taeyong laugh.

 

“I’ll teach you.” Taeyong said and held Yuta’s hand and gently gripped it.

 

“Let’s perform this on our birthday!” Renjun chirped and as soon as Yuta heard his son requested it, he had no choice but to agree to this.

 

----

 

Doyoung drove to a family restaurant and Donghyuck got excited as this was his favorite restaurant. It was serving pizza and lasagna, not that Donghyuck really knows how to spell the dish. A waitress led them towards an empty booth and they all settled just as they did last night at dinner.  Doyoung ordered Donghyuck’s favoritr pizza and Lasagna with extra garlic bread and Jaehyun ordered a pesto for himself.

 

“Jaehyun appa looks really cool!” Donghyuck said as the waiter left making Jaehyun smile and revelaing his deep dimples.

 

‘Was i?” Jaehyun asked and Donghyuck nodded.

 

“Doyoung Appa looks handsome!” Jeno said and Doyoung choked on his water.

 

“I’m not.” Doyoung corrected Jeno but the kid shook his head.

 

“Doyoung appa is handsome right?” He turned to Jaehyun who looked at Doyoung straight in his eyes and nodded; Doyoung felt his face became warm at the simple gesture. “Appa!” Jeno pointed to the familiar building visible from their window and grinned.

 

‘Wanna visit Hansol samchon?” Jaehyun asked and Jeno nodded. “Okay, want to join us?” Jaehyun extended the offer. “My friend, Taeyong, owns the studio just a few buildings down.” Jaehyun supplied and Doyoung nodded, he has nothing to lose right?

 

The food was really good and Doyoung paid the bill using Sunggyu’s card which didn’t settle well with Jaehyun but Doyoung assured him that it was all okay and he’ll turn over the receipt to Sunggyu. It was also protocol for their models to be fed and pampered; this was just a small price to pay for marketing.

 

“So are we going?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun nodded then took Doyoung’s hands and walked him out of the restaurant and towards the dance studio.

 

Jeno burst through the door with Donghyuck following him and HAnsol smiled at the kid and lifted him up. Jeno laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

“Hey Hansol hyung!” jaehyun greeted and Hansol let the kid down and greeted Jaehyun. “This is Doyoung and his son Donghyuck.” Jaehyun introduced them and Hansol shook Doyoung’s hand and then gave Donghyuck a high five.

 

“Looking for Taeyong?” Hansol asked and Jaehyun nodded. “He came in early with Jaemin. His personal studio you know where that is.” Hansol said and Jaehyun nodded then lead them down the hallway.

 

“He’s my appa!” Donghyuck pointed to Jaehyun and Doyoung had to apologize to Hansol who just laughed and let them be on their way.

 

Jaehyun knocked on the studio and opened it only to hear a familiar song being played. He smiled as he greeted Taeyong but grinned as he realized that Taeyong had his hands on Yuta’s hips. Taeyong and Yuta stepped away from each other and greeted them.

 

“Injunnie!” Jeno chirped and ran towards Renjun who smiled at Jeno. “Jaems!” Jeno then high fived the friend who was smiling. ‘Hyuck come!” Jeno gestured for Donghyuck who ran to them and the kids were all laughing at the corner as they immersed themselves in their own world.

 

But the parents were a little bit awkward. “So… Did we come at a bad time” It was Doyoung who spoke and Taeyong shook his head.

 

“We were just going through a choreography, Jaemin wanted to dance it on his birthday.” Taeyong said.

 

“Renjun’s celebrating his birthday on the same day as Jaemin.” Yuta supplied next to Taeyong.

 

“Oh, Yuta right?” Jaehyun asked and Yuta nodded and extended a hand.

 

“Yuta-hyung to you Jaehyun.” Taeyong corrected him and Jaehyun apologized.

 

“Right, so you mean Jaemin and Renjun are celebrating their brithdays together?” Jaehyun asked with a an amused smile.

 

“Yeah, so I need to learn this complicated dance.” Yuta exclaimed and rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s not that difficult.” Jaehyun said and looked at Doyoung who was confused with all the information. “He’s my fiancé by the way, He’s Doyoung.” Jaehyun introduced the taller man who looked at him like he was Jason from Friday the 13th.

 

“Oh, so you got rid of Johnny huh?” Taeyong laughed and Jaehyun grinned at him and nodded but Yuta was confused.

 

“Complicated story that we need to discuss over drinks.” Jaehyun said with a wink and Yuta laughed but Taeyong glared at him, bloody murder why was he flirting with Yuta?

 

“Touchan!” Renjun called his father and Yuta knelt to be with level with his son. “Jeno said they took a family picture and they look handsome, can we get one too?” Renjun asked.

 

“Dada us too!” Jaemin uttered next to Renjun. “We want pictures for our birthday!” Jaemin said and Taeyong glared at his son.

 

“Doghyuck?” Doyoung warned but jaehyun placed a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Why don’t the kids have their pictures taken for the party, and you can use it for the invitation.” Jaehyun mused and both Jaemin and Renjun nodded.

 

“But you two are going to draw something for the invites.” Yuta pouted.

 

“You could have them edited together.” Doyoung offered because somehow, he felt the kids are on to something. “Do you have a theme? I can call the studio before hand so you can come later and we’ll have it all set up.” Doyoung offered.

 

 

“We haven’t put that in the budget.” Yuta said and an idea clicked on his mind.

 

“I will offer a proposition but can I take your picture first? You four as a family?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun’s eyes lit up and gathered Jeno and Donghyuck to let Doyoung take a picture from his phone. He then sent it to Myungsoo who immediately called him.

 

“Please consider it, it’s a really good experience.” Jaehyun left a cryptic message and when Doyoung approached them with a weird wide-eyed smile, both Taeyong and Yuta were scared for their lives.

 

“Why don’t you model for us and we’ll have the whole photoshoot and the pinting for free?” Doyoung offered and both Yuta and Taeyong looked at each other. ‘You just need to pose as a happy family and maybe as a couple.” Doyoung supplied and Yuta shook his head.

 

“Yuta oji!” Jaemin pouted.

 

“But we’re not together.” Yuta said.

 

“Yet.. not yet, but you can!” Renjun said and pouted at his father.

 

“I have a class to teach, the kids can join it. We’ll talk about it a bit later.” Taeyong said and they nodded.

 

“I’m joining.” Renjun said and Jaemin smiled but shook his head as he grabbed Yuta’s hand and they walked back towards the sitting room to continue drawing.

 

Jeno and Donghyuck asked their parents and they were allowed to join while they sat down with Jaemin and Yuta. Jaehyun smiled at him and Doyoung pouted at that, was he already attracted to Yuta? Yuta smiled at them and Doyoung was taken a back, Yuta had one of the best smiles and as a photographer, he can’t help himself but be amazed.

 

“He’s not really my fiancé, we’re just pretending so people can stop hitting on him. But he’s straight.” Doyoung said and Yuta looked at him comically.

 

“Ah, well that is something.” Yuta laughed but Jaehyun pouted.

 

“What do you want me to do to prove that I was straight before I met you.” Jaehyun pouted and that was not healthy for Doyoung’s heart.

 

“Okay there are kids around.” Yuta said and Jaemin just looked at him then returned to his drawing.

 -----

 

Yuta and Taeyong ended up accepting the proposal and found themselves seated on the makeup chair as Minghao, whom Taeyong knew from the dance world as The8, attended to them as well as the Diva stylist Key showing up because Myungsoo habd asked his hyung for help. Key doted on the kids and they gave him smile faces and entertained him enough as he made them wear expensive clothes he got from his work. Once he was satisfied, he sent the kids to Myungsoo who squealed at hos adorable they were.

 

Key then looked at Taeyong and Yuta who held their breaths as the stylist scrutinized them. Key ended up styling the two in complimenting outfits, much younger than they were really were. Yuta wore a black muscle shirt, skinny jeans and flannel around his waist while Taeyong was dressed in a white wifebeater, black skinny jeans, suspenders and for added style, a bandana across his forehead. Key was satisfied and shoved them out of the room to where Renjun and Jaemin admired how cool their fathers looked. Myungsoo grinned at Key who really liked the hip and cool image the two had in contrast to the wholesome image Jaehyun and Doyoung had a while earlier.

 

“My work here is done!” Key blew a kiss and then waved before leaving.

 

“Kids first!” Myungsoo chirped and directed the kids. He smiled revealing his dimples and the two cooed at him.

 

Jaemin and Renjun posed for the camera, looking cool in their ripped denim pants and hoodies. Myungsoo enjoyed taking pictures and both Yuta and TAeyong enjoyed watching the pictures pop up on the monitor. They were really cute and cool and how Myungsoo managed to capture that was beyond them. He then called Minghao to have Doyoung and the rest to retouch for his plans and Minghao gladly did his tasks with the help of Taemin; Minho stayed with Myungsoo to assist his boss with the shoot.

 

“Okay, Family shots.” Myungsoo announced and Yuta and Taeyong stepped on the shoot.

 

Renjun and Jaemin instantly wrapped their arms on their father’s legs, Myungsoo captured the intimate moment. He then directed them to pose a little coller and less conventional which the two nailed in a matter of minutes making Myungsoo satisfied beyond words. Yuta and Renjun took more pictures together then Taeyong and Jaemin before Myungsoo called the two to have their couple shots. That made the two blush and eyes rolled, particularly Jaemin and Renjun.

 

‘Touchan you can do this!” Renjun cheered.

 

‘Dada fighting!” Jaemin cheered and the two cheered back and looked at Myungsoo who laughed.

 

“You two weren’t different from Doyoung and Jaehyun.” Myungsoo commented. ‘just act like a couple, no pressure.” Myungsoo announced and that made Taeyong a little bit nervous.

 

Yuta looked like he had seen a ghost so Taeyong took a bold step and held Yuta’s cheeks and made him look at him eye to eye. Yuta’s eyes softened and he smiled wide making Taeyong reveal a smile of his own.

 

“Perfect.” Myungsoo muttered and took shots after shots as both Taeyong and Yuta relaxed, and just smiled a lot while holding hands or just staring at each other.

 

Doyoung and Jaehyun with their kids returned and Myungsoo beckoned the two adults to join Yuta and Taeyong. They were told to pose like they were good friends. Taeyong and Jaehyun had no problems with that but Yuta and Doyoung just got to know each other so that was awkward. But being a professional, Doyoung just grabbed Yuta and back hugged him and whispered some words to relax and soon after, Yuta was smiling wide and the shoot commenced.

 

The kids were also asked to pose and the four were just the happiest as they goofed around, it wasn’t fake and Myungsoo loved the energy and enthusiasm of the toddlers. The rest of the shoot proceeded with all of them taking a group picture and everyone clapped at the success of it. They qquickly ran through some of the pictures and Myungsoo told them to come back by Tuesday afternoon to check the pictures before printing.

 

Myungsoo waved them out and they head out to their respective cars, with Taeyong driving Yuta nad Renjun back to their apartment.

 

“We’ll see each other on Monday?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung smiled at him.

 

‘Wanna grab a coffee if you’re not too busy?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

“How about lunch? I do have a 9-5 work schedule.” Jaehyun scratched the back of his neck.

 

“That sounds lovely. Text me?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

“Bye appa!” Donghyuck waved at Jaehyun and the older waved back with a cute dimpled smile.

 

“Bye Doyoung appa!” Jeno chirped and Doyoung blew a kiss towards him making the kid giggle cutely.

 

---

a/n: why the song Switch?! I liked that song and it has the easiest NCT/SM Rookies choreography.
I was watching fancams of Switch performance and I am really confused over Jamein and Yuta. Damn my sis is right, Yuta and Jaemin are relatives hahahaah

Hansol had appearance here and I hope you support him as UNB member.

And are you ready to meet Jungwoo and Kun again?!

 

 

Talk to me: 
main twitter account,
NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat
Askfm