Chapter 1: Just a Normal Day

Letting Love in (originally Love at First Sight?)

"It goes down, down, baby~ 리듬에 온몸을 it goes down, down baby~ 맡기고 소리쳐 oh, oh, ohhh~ 우린 oh, oh, oh~ we goin kokob-"

Hoseok's hand slammed down on the alarm clock, effectively shutting it up. He grumbled loudly as he strectched, blinking the sleep away from his heavy eyelids.

"Ya! Hoseok! Why do you always hit the alarm clock so damn hard?? This is literally the fourth one I've had to buy this month!" Hoseok visibly startled as Kihyun somehow appeared out of nowhere and was now yelling at poor Hoseok- whose head was still groggy with sleep.

"Jeez! Don't yell! Why are you so mad anyways?" Hoseok asked, annoyed at being woken up this way. This was just one bad thing leading to another.

"'Cuz you broke another one of the alarm clocks I bought." Kihyun continued angrily, annoyance etched into his grimace, "Also, you stopped Kokobop! I love that song so much, it's amazing, and Kai is just so beautiful-"

"Heyyyyyy~"  A whine was heard from behind the dorm room door, and a lock of fluffy brown hair signaled Changkyun's head peeking out. "I thought I was your boyfriend!" He pouted, looking at Kihyun with puppy-dog eyes.

Kihyun's face lit up and he giggled, rushing over to the still pouting Changkyun and booping his nose. "Of course you are, 'Kyunnie, I was just messing with you," Kihyun told his boyfriend, smiling when a light blush instantly became visible on Changkyun's cheeks.

"Ugh!" Hoseok's annoyed voice broke the affectionate astmosphere between the two, making them break eye contact to look at their huffing friend. "Can't you guys go do that somewhere else?" Hoseok continued, obviously bothered by the situation.

Changkyun turned back to look at Kihyun, a confused expression painting his features. "What's his problem?" 

"I don't know, but it's his. Let's go! Bye Hoseok!" 

"Wha- where are you guys going?" Hoseok asked, bewildered.

"On a special date," Kihyun said, smirking, effectively making Changkyun blush. Again.

"Anyways bye!" Kihyun yelled at Hoseok, dragging a bright red Changkyun out the door.

Hoseok let out an exasperated sigh. He never should have asked where they were going. He looked at the other side of the bed he was in, observing its emptiness. Signal sogh number two. He wished he had someone to cuddle with and make blush and go on dates with. He wished he could have a boyfriend and live happi-

Hoseok could feel the tears begin to well up in his eyes. Not again, he thought, wiping his tears away with a hand. He was not about to cry about his loneliness AGAIN. Not today. Getting up in one swift movement, he stretched, enjoying the sensation of feeling blood rush down his aching body, down to his legs and feet. Time to get up and do something with your life, Hoseok.

He walked over to his dresser, choosing a simple outfit for today- ripped blue jeans and a gray sweatshirt. He also decided to add a black headband, which implemented a nice contrast with his bright red hair. He then slipped on his favorite braided bracelet, because honestly why not? Walking over to the mirror, he looked at himself, disapproval suddenly tainting his dark brown eyes. 

"Ugh, why am I so out of shape and ugly?" Hoseok grumbled to himself. "I should go to the gym. It's not like I have anything to do today anyways."

Sighing, he slipped out of his clothes and threw them onto his bed. He would put them away later (probably not). Hopping back over to his dresser, he picked out some workout clothes, then stuffed them in his gym bag along with a power bar and a bottle of water. 

Hoseok turned around, suddenly looking for Kihyun. "Hey, do you wanna..." Oh. Right. They left. He would have to go to the gym alone again. Trying his best to ignore the tears beginning to prick his eyes, he slipped his sneakers on and rushed out the door, leaving only solemn silence behind him. 

As soon as he stepped foot outside of his appartement door, he saw his neighbor, teddy-bear look-a-like Hyunwoo, also waiting for the elevator. Hoseok's lips pricked up into a smile. 

"Hey!" He said, all signs of past tears gone. 

Hyunwoo turned around quickly, a surprised look on his face, until he recognized Hoseok, who was grinning like a kid and instantly smiled warmly at him. Funny how the man in front of him was the older one but still acted like a total child. "Hey, Hoseok. Going to the gym I suppose?"

Hoseok nodded. "Yeah, you?" 

Hyunwoo smiled sweetly in response. "Do you want to go together? I don't have anyone to go with, so I figured since we're here-"

Hoseok face lit up and he had to force himself to not jump up and down. He wasn't going alone anymore! "Yeah, let's go!!" He practically screamed, only making Hyunwoo laugh.

They stepped into the elevator, and Hoseok pressed the button to go down. 

"Hyungwooooooooooo?" A dolphin-like screech was heard through the hallway, and made Hoseok jump. Hyunwoo only smiled his scrunched-up eye smile. 

"It's Minhyuk," Hyunwoo said to Hoseok, who was covering his ears in shock.

Said person literally launched himself into the elevator and tackled Hyunwoo into a giant hug. "Where are you going, babyyyy?" Minhyuk whined.

Hyunwoo laughed softly and brushed the boy's soft blond bangs out of his eyes. "I'm going to the gym, with Hoseok," Hyunwoo answered pointing over to Hoseok who was trying not to look depressed. Minhyuk immediatly tightened his grip around Hyunwoo and glared at Hoseok. Hoseok had to stop himself from rolling his eyes at him, and looked away.

"I literally have no romatic attractive towards your boyfriend," Hoseok stated dryly. "Plus, even if I did, you'd probably rip my throat out."

Minhyuk glared some more, but his lip twitched with amusement. "Damn right I would."

Hyunwoo, feeling the tension between the two, smiled awkwardly at Minhyuk and laid a hand on his shoulder. "How about you go on without me Hoseok," Hyunwoo said calmly, his eyes pointing to the koala clinging to him, "I'll catch up."

Hoseok sighed, then turned and left the elevator without a word, to walk down the stairs. He could hear Hyunwoo call after him, but he didn't turn around. He was so tired of all his friends and their beautiful wonderful relationships. All he could do was watch them share smiles full of love, while he just stood alone with no one to smile at, and no one to smile at him. When he got to the gym, he opened the door and slammed said object behind as he walked throught it, earning him a glare from the lady lifting weights nearby. He winced and bowed quickly in apology before rushing over to the treadmill, the tips of his ears tinted red in embarrassment. Hoseok tried to keep his mind off his loneliness while getting set up on the treadmill, seeing couples around him lifting weights together, some stretching together on the same mat, even. Ugh. He decided to focus on the workout laid ahead of him. He took a deep breath and slipped off his sweatshirt, then stretched his tense limbs. 

C'mon, Hoseok, let's get this over with.

Turning on the treadmill, Hoseok took another deep breath and jumped into his workout.

******************************

In the end, his workout was a success. Hoseok was sweating from head to toe, his muscle tee sticking to his back and his red bangs stuck to his forhead along with his soaking wet headband. While still panting, Hoseok wiped the drops of sweat trickling down his cheeks and turned his head to look at the screen on his machine. 6 miles, 300 calories it read. Hoseok smiled and inwardly patted himself on the back. Not bad. Hopping of the treadmill, Hoseok made his way to the weights section, stretching his legs along the way. He picked up his usual 40-pound weights and stood in front of the mirror. He began to lift the weights, feeling the power in his arms as he worked on his upper body strength. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12... Hoseok looked around in boredom as he continued, trying to see if Hyunwoo had gotten there yet. Sighing in annoyance at no sign of his friend, Hoseok turned back to the mirror, only to have his breath imediately in again as his eyes caught sight of someone in the mirror.

Who. The. Hell. Was. That.

Big, wide, brown eyes. Staring directly into his. Time seemed to have completely stopped.Hoseok didn't even dare breathe as he was afraid to lose contact with the beautiful eyes he was engulfed in. Yet slowly, his eyes travelled down to the stranger's lips. A light shade of blushed pink, plump, trembling. Gorgeous.

WHO FINDS LIPS GORGEOUS HOSEOK CALM THE HELL DOWN-

Then a pink tongue darted out to the outside of those lips, and Hoseok was even more entranced. They were the color of fresh ripe strawberries in the sunlight... Then, in the back of his mind, for a split second, Hoseok observed that the weights in his hands were a whole lot lighter than before- CRACK.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Hoseok screeched, looking down at his foot. Thick, stinging tears flooded his eyes. What was that?? His eyes dropped down to his lower body, where the pain was very much present. His 25-pound weight had dropped onto his foot, and blood was slowly seeping out of the bright Nike label. Hoseok shrieked again from the pain. He tried to lift his foot up but a shock of excrutiating pain shot up his leg, and he slumped down onto the floor, sniffling while weakly trying to push the weight off of his foot. Great, he thought, what a great way to look strong. He gave up on trying, simply laying his head back and closing his dripping eyes.

Hoseok didn't know how long he lay there, tears streaming down his tightly shut eyes. All he knew was that the gym was completely silent, except for a couple whispers being passed around. Hoseok shut his eyes tighter, wanting nothing more than to disappear from the face of the earth. Forever.

Suddenly he felt warm hands on his cheeks. "Hoseok!" Hyunwoo yelled, gently shaking Hoseok's face. Hoseok slowly opened his eyes and looked at Hyunwoo hovering over him with his eyebrows scrunched together with worry, and smiled weakly. "Hey Hyunwoo." He mumbled. "I'm not dead, am I?" Hyunwoo smiled his teddy-bear smile gently in response. "You're okay, Hoseok, I promise it's going to-" 

"Yaaaaaaaah, Hoseokieee!" Hoseok's tiny smile immediately disappeared as he heard Minhyuk the dolphin screech his name. Hyunwoo rolled his eyes and silently glared at his lover, who was being of no help (as usual, Hoseok would add). Minhyuk, seeing how much pain Hoseok was in, rushed to help Hoseok sit up. Hoseok let out a tiny breath as he acknowledged the fact that he wasn't dead. Then his eyes travelled down to his foot and widened. The heavy weight had finally rolled off of it, but the part that was crushing it was dripping with blood. Hoseok's foot looked abnormally crooked and it too, was covered in blood. Hyunwoo followed Hoseok's eyes and gasped a little.

"How in the world did you do this to yourself?" Hyunwoo asked a still dazed Hoseok, stupefied. 

Hoseok's eyes widened in response as he was thrown back into reality and his face turned a color of bright red similar to his hair. "U-uh-hhh I- I mean it h-happened s-so f-fast I- umm..." He giggled nervouly through his tears and decided to stare at the floor. He was not going to say it. Nope. Hyunwoo sighed, deciding to moving on to. "Well whatever it is, you're going to tell me, but first, let's get you to the hospital."

Now it was Hoseok's turn to sigh. He really didn't want to go to the hospital, but one look at his foot and his eyes teared up, so he decided, reluctantly, that it was the best thing to do. 

Hyunwoo bent down to pick up Hoseok and Hoseok stared at his back, wondering how in the world Hyunwoo was going to be able to carry him. He didn't want to be carried like a baby, yet it seemed like the choice that involved the least amount fo pain. For now, at least. With small yelps of pain and whimpers, and being careful not to put any weight on his foot, Hoseok managed to carefully place himself on Hyunwoo's back, who stood up easily and walked towards the exit of the gym, Minyuk behind him with his gym bag. Hoseok felt more tears run down his cheeks as blood, thick and heavy, rushed down to his injured foot, and he felt his heartbeat there. Now that was not a pleasant feeling, he thought to himself grimly.

Hoseok was beginning to feel light-headed from all of this. The pain, the tears, the gorgeous god-like human being with his beautiful lips and pretty eyes and- shoot, Hoseok realized suddenly. I have just embarrased myself in front of HIM. Fantastic. What a great way to start my day. WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING WRONGGGGG

However, Hoseok lifted his head onto Hyunwoo's shoulder and took a look around, as he found himself wanting to see him again. Realizing that he had only seen him through the mirror, Hoseok let out a small sigh as he told himself that he probably wasn't going to find him. Then, through his stinging tears, hot and blurry, he caught sight of- wow. Two dark chocolate sparkling doe eyes. 

Staring directly into his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooooooooohhhhhh I sense romance guyssssssssssss

LOL

Hope you're enjoying this so far! Planning on having around 5 or 6 chapters. 

:)