final.

I'll Take You Anywhere You Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(LISTEN TO ALINA BARAZ'S LAVENDER AND VELVET AS YOU READ THIS ONE SHOT FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE)

 

"Uhh... I think you put that card the wrong way, miss..." 

She didn't know the person wearing the denim jacket showered with colorful embroidery patches and enamel pins, but she looked like she was new with the system here.

It's always fun for Bae Joohyun to witness stupidity so suddenly in her everyday life. Today, she saw denim jacket girl struggling to insert her card for the passage way to go to the train station.

She couldn't help letting out a little snicker when the girl before her bowed down in gratitude, sheepishly laughing at herself, as she scratched the back of her head. 

Joohyun inserted her card and went through the pass, grabbing her card that just popped out, just before she takes another step away from the edge of the pass.

Looking back, she saw that the other girl was still shaking a bit, clumsily inserting the card the right way. 

Joohyun heard the honking sound of an incoming train, so without second thoughts, she dashed her way to where the station was.

 

Joohyun didn't want to go to her morning classes.

Not only did the professors' voices make Joohyun sleepy, but the subjects really didn't require much at all. It was easy to catch up with lessons she would miss. 

She was wandering around the part of the campus where there were less people so that no one would call her out. Or suspect her for cutting classes, for that matter.

Where do I spend the morning? Joohyun wonders as she sneakily leaves her bag in her locker. She slips into her navy blue hoodie, sliding her wallet into the back pocket of her jeans, after she succesfully pops her hand out of the sleeves.

Maybe I'll smoke for a while.

 

It wasn't too sunny. 

Today was actually a bit windy, and the breeze made Joohyun shiver even through her thick jacket. 

It wasn't a pain to look at the sky as of the moment, so she enjoyed the view as she walked through the empty street near the place where she buys cigarettes and stays at.

The shops in the area were all antique; and in a decade, they'd all be covered in dust. Or at least, that's what Joohyun thinks.

Such stores had a fading roof color. The glass walls were either fogged from the cold weather, or covered with cobwebs from the inside. A sad sign on one of the glass doors that read "OPEN", was dangling as it got enveloped with the emptiness of the town.

It almost made Joohyun sentimental, thinking of what the shopkeepers could be doing for a living now that less people — none, in times like this — come to them.

That was what she hated about the main city. The metro. It now became the center of commerce, and people think that if they lived there, they're the more priveleged ones. Sadly, they don't get to see the beauty of this side of the country. Plus, the overpopulation in the metro really isn't helping the economy.

At least there was one place in this part of the town where people actually go to. It was a spacious area where some thugs and delinquents hang out. There were pool tables there, and they sell alcohol and cigarettes. 

Usually, Joohyun occupies the pool table at the farthest end. She pops a stick and lights it with her own lighter, and hops on top of the table to sit on it. The owner naturally calls out the guys who do that, but since Joohyun looked real good, she gets a special treatment.

 

When she reaches the place, the buff guys who were already playing together smiles to acknowledge the presence of the "Billiard God". 

She immediately goes to the counter to buy a box of cigarettes, flipping a coin towards the shop owner as a tip after sliding some cash. 

"You're staying til the afternoon again?" He asks. Joohyun just nodded, holding a stick in between her teeth as she lit the end with her lighter. 

"If you're bound to do that, I think you should hang out with the new kid. She's a girl, and I don't want the same thing to happen to her, as what was happened to you. I swear, it's hard to keep the unruly kids from causing trouble in this place."

New kid, huh?

When Joohyun first discovered this place, the thugs flocked around her. They tried to hit on her, and all Joohyun did to reciprocate the attention was to hit on them... with a pool stick.

Her eyes scanned the area where guys were crowded at. As expected, the girl was where most of the boys were.

Joohyun can only see the back side of the girl, but it seems like she knows who she is already. 

She was wearing a denim jacket, an embroidered tiger face patch at the back of it and an embroidered banner patch that read "free spirit" below it. Her hair was a bit wavy, and the same shade of brown as that girl she saw earlier at the train station. 

She's the new kid, huh?

Joohyun walks slowly, and the guys around denim jacket girl walks away one by one as they see the Billiard God walking towards them.

One persisten guy stays by the pool table, eyeing denim jacket girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter