ONE

EGOISM

Another day, another year. The streets has changed the decoration, from Christmas vibes with snowflakes and little artificial tree hang around the light pole to something modern like a neon lights bulbs with a touch of millennium aspects indicates that the futuristic era has just begun. For her new year seems no different from the previous year, just a normal day to start new semester. Its been a year that your life has changed, Jung Rae In.

 

The traffic was heavy as usual, it shown that it just another Monday morning that everyone hate. But it different with her, she always find it amusing that the fact a road can hold so many stories at one time, one of the reason why she choose to walk along the pavement.

 

Today she saw that a driver honked the other car for not giving a signal when changing the line, while the other party replied with a curse loud enough to let everyone in the traffic light heard even with the high quality mirror. She shake her head thinking that how can someone be so pissed right only in the morning.

 

Walking to campus from her apartment wasn’t that far, it only took her around 4 blocks to pass with the additional extra 10 minutes to grab coffee. Not categorized as a morning person, she definitely need a cup of ice Americano to let her survive the whole day in class.

 

Speaking of that, it’s time for her plug in her earphones - even without any music. She will simply do that whenever she came across the gate of her university. It’s simple, she just doesn’t want to give a damn to those who talks about her. Being a cold person with no friend, she famous for being the ice princess.

 

“Omo! They’re coming! EXO are coming!” Here comes the cringey part.

 

“Good morning our oppa!” Or even cringe, if that is the worst.

 

They are running and gather around the faculty every morning just to see the stars of SNU, campus heartthrobs that will make thousands of girls heart melting. Every girl here are willing to sacrifice their precious times just to see EXO, but not her. She would do anything to avoid them. The one ‘kingkas’ that always tried to get along with her. Being in her 3rd year in the prestigious university, all she want is to be able to graduate at the end of next year.

 

Listen to the name itself - EXO, make her laugh. How on earth they put a planet name as their group name. Is the planet even exist? Didn’t they have a better name like Cool Kids On The Block or 1 Direction for example. Well that’s not her problem anyway. One thing that she could admire about them is their determination, well they never give up to . Even with countless arguments, they never back off.

 

One of the reason why she being outcast in the campus, stupid girls who are calling themselves as EXO fans who are more willing to beat her up because of the jealousy. Stupid fangirls. Yucks.

 


 

“Hyung! Let’s get something to eat!”

 

“Cafeteria will be crowded at this hour Kai. And with the stupid fangirls of ours, we will never able to eat in peace”

 

“Suho was right. What if we eat at the rooftop? I packed some sandwiches for us this morning so we can have it together”

 

“Wah Kyungsoo hyung you are jjang!”

 

The smallest boy with his bright smile gives a thumbs up to the older brother showing an agreement to his plan. EXO consists of eight boys, the original was twelve but four of them has moved to China to further their studies there. They are Suho, Kyungsoo, Chen and Xiumin final year students who are two years older. Meanwhile, the rest of them are in 3rd year named Baekhyun, Kai, Chanyeol and Sehun.

 

Even they have a year gap of their age, their bonding are going strong. They have been together since elementary school and inseparable since then. The hyung line are more into decent guys compare to the others. Suho is the student board members and also EXO leader.

 

Besides him, Kyungsoo and Xiumin are also part of active students who leads the campus clubs. Meanwhile Chen is famous for his amazing voice and selected as the university official singer. One thing that can’t be denied is his voice are so angelic.

 

Contrast with their personalities are the maknae line, the troublemaker. The one with the biggest ear ever in the group, will gives a cheerful vibes whenever you are with him. Just like Chanyeol, his partner in crime named Baekhyun are just bubbly as much as he is. These two are just the beagles that will never stop talking and messing around campus. 3D or 4D - well their personalities are more into undefined category.

 

When talking about looks and girls, there is none other than Kai to be selected. He is tall, y tanned skin with masculine body - perfect adjustment in the eyes of woman. But unfortunately, his playboy and flirty attitude made him off from ideal man radar. The last one, will be the youngest member, Oh Sehun.

 

“Sehun oppa! I don’t know if you still remember me but my name is Min Ah, sophomore student major in Arts and I like you!”

 

“Are you stupid or deaf? I told you so many times that I hate you! Now go away!”

 

Being a jerk, that’s Oh Sehun. The famous ice prince in SNU. He wasn’t only cold, but an . Having a sharp jaw, with 185 cm height, fair skin combined with his perfect toned abs, no wonder Sehun was chosen as the most handsome guy in the university. Despite having a so called perfect physical appearance, his personality are somehow very mysterious.

 

Unlike others who will easily mingle around other students, he’s more into introvert. He didn’t have any friends except EXO, only to spit fire whenever stranger tried to talks to him. He will throw them either scary stare or smirk - well he famous for that cocky smirk. But whenever he’s around his circle, his attitude will change immediately to 360 degrees. That’s what make others called him ‘the mysterious guys’.

 

“But oppa I bought you another gift!” Girl, please.

 

A nerdy girl in her sophomore year shove the gift to the tallest member, with the hope that he will receive it this time. It’s been her 5th trials to confess at him. Even though she’s been insulted continuously every times she met him, this little girl right here never give up. She will always find her way to look for Sehun during lunch and sneak in to confess to him. It was during sport festival when she tried her luck to confess to him. She brought a huge heart balloon with Sehun name in it, standing proudly in the podium announcing her likes towards the guy. Only to be publicly rejected at her third attempt.

 

“First off all, I’m not your oppa! And please just stop this stupid confession series of yours dumbhead! When will you ever realize that I will never be with you! Especially not this stupid low class nerd”

 

“Hey Sehun, calm down. It’s not nice to said that to her”

 

“How the hell am I supposed to calm down Xiumin hyung? She’s psycho and I’m sick of this nonsense already! Now you better—“

 

His fist was crumpled and everyone could see the anger in his eyes. The boy was distracted when suddenly he heard a voice. A soft groan that he becomes familiar with. A voice that always control him, just like a water poured into the fire that he created just now.

 

“Annoying” She scoffed. Don't wake a sleepy lion they said. 

 

Jung Rae In was there at the rooftop. She have heard everything, of course when Sehun was there yelled loudly and the sound of cried girl, she can’t help but to interfere. Not to care about that unknown seems weak girl, but she was more than annoyed with everything she heard.

 

“What is wrong here? Mind to share why are so loud and disturb my peaceful sleep?”

 

“Oh my! Princess Rae In is here to be a superwomen! That’s my princess!”

 

“Shut up, weirdo” Thankfully she had known Baekhyun for years, or else he might get punch in his face. Well, no one messes with Jung Rae In.

 

“Nothing Rae In. Just this ugly nerd girl trying to confess, again to Sehun. He ask her to leave, that’s all” Kai the first one to spoke.

 

Min Ah, the nerd girl are shaking and crying looking at the ground all the time. Of course she knew who Rae In is. The ice princess. She knew how EXO members are treat Rae In, trying to get her attention as much as they can. She knew that EXO has grow a fond to her despite her bitter treatment to them. Because Jung Rae In is the only girl that EXO put all their attention to.

 

“Stop crying. Your tears doesn’t deserve for this guy" As she said to that girl. Rae In turned aroun and faced him "And you Oh Sehun, I know that you are always a jerk but don’t you feel bad by yelling and hurt women? Don’t you know that it makes you looks like a loser? Oh i forgot that you are already a loser!”

 

“Excuse me?! Did you realize what you have said to me Jung Rae In?” His fist are crumpled again. His ego was challenged by her. Now it’s look like there is staring competition between the both them. Eyes to eyes, it seems like there is a specific message send through their stares, the one that can only be interpreted by them.

 

“Now what? You want to hit me?" She challenged him. "You are so funny Oh Sehun. You will never hit me, right ‘sweetheart’?”

 

Rae In voice slowly encores in Sehun ear, slowly almost like whispering sends a shiver to the rest of them who heard it.

 

“Jung Rae In sunbaenim! Stop! Don’t hurt Sehun oppa!” If she can kill this girl, she would.

 

Surprised, she yelled back. “What?!”

 

Rae In broke the stares and faced the nerd girl. Now it time for her to snapped with Min Ah words. She taught that she might be clear with her that she just save her from getting humiliate more from the jerk Oh Sehun.

 

“Don’t hurt Sehun oppa. It’s not his fault. I just like him so much”

 

“What the hell is that? You still care for him? After all his words? You are crazy for the God sake!" Rae In had enough dealing with this stupid girl. "Just leave this place and make sure I didn’t see you make yourself stupid by doing this again in front of me! I hate weak women like you who can’t stand for yourself!”

 

“I’m sorry but I will never give up! I like you so much Sehun oppa!” With that, Min Ah left. At least for now.

 

But at least, we have an angel to save the day, “So....hmmm....okay...so now who need my sandwich?”

 

After all the chaotic scenes that just happened, the only thing that Kyungsoo could think is to offer his home made sandwiches to everyone. Their lunch was interrupted earlier and that’s never going to stop him to feed the guys with foods, since he know everyone might be hungry right now. Being a gentleman, Kyungsoo nudged arm. Suho was quick to pick up his signal and offers the girl to have the sandwich since they had extra. She rejected their offer, in a good manner saying that she’s not hungry and lost her appetite.

 

Jung Rae In might dislikes the attention that she get from EXO, but she never treats them rudely. She wonders what make them stay with her despite her cold attitudes. Even though they are far to be described as best friends but deep down in the girl tiny heart, she always think have a spot for them, the only one that treats her like a friend.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want it Rae In? Kyungsoo sandwiches is the best in the world!” Just like Baekhyun, this is another person that will never give up to get close with her.

 

“You can take it Chanyeol. I don’t mind. Or maybe you can give it to Oh Sehun, to calm his temper down” She said sarcastically.

 

She spoke as it directly goes to Oh Sehun. Told you no one messes with Jung Rae In. Sehun was leaning against the wall, steady his heartbeat down. He was angry for sure, but there is something else that he felt when he countered with Rae In just now. His heart is aching.

 

She decided to leave the rooftop since her plan to sleep and ditched class was ruined - thanks to EXO and that stupid obsessive lover girl. She was fast stormed off the stairs, but quick enough for Baekhyun to trails her up.

 

“Hey no no! Princess wait up! Let me join you! Where are you going?” Thanks God he had a good voice, or else Rae In might make him mute at this moment.

 

“Don’t follow me and stop calling me princess, Byun Baekhun!”

 

“Alright alright. Hands up! Chill girl. You know I like to messed up with you. The only ice princess in our campus!” Ice princess your , Baekhyun. “What do you want Baek?”

 

“To tease you of course" He finally shut his mouth when he saaw Rae In glared at him. "I just need to ask something... Why are you always pick up fight with Sehun? Did you hate him?”

 

“No. I don’t hate him. I never hate him”

 


 

Sipping her last drop of bubble tea, it’s a signal for her to go home. That cafe is one her favorite place to hangout after class. Being a regular there, the workers give his last wave while smiling when she make her way out of the cafe. At the beginning, they always wonder why this girl used to sit and drink alone. Didn’t she have friend? But along the way they realized that is just her habit, having a cup of ice bubble milk tea while sitting by the window - her favorite spot.

 

She like to sit there, knowing that she could saw people walking around, judging on how would their personality traits just by looking at them, she just like watching people. Sometimes she will just sipping her drink and observe each table in the cafe. That one table with a group of girls, probably gossiping about their crush. They look so happy chatting together. Even though having a group of same friends will be nice to share problem, but she always thought that will be a nuisance. She hate how people try to middle in her business and she’s just too ignorant to take someone else advice.

 

She made her way inside her home after struggling with the door passcode, finally. She thought maybe the other person changed the door passcode again. This will be the third times that it was changed. Trying her luck, she enter the date of their wedding and it worked.

 

Black high cut converse was spotted near the shoes rack, meaning that he’s back at home already. She was tired from her long day and if this guy right here try to make some joke - well it wasn’t funny to her. The sight of him lying on the couch while watching television has enough to annoyed her.

 

“The hell that you changed the passcode again?! Do you think I have all day to play with your game?" She was furious. "And out of all combinations, you choose our wedding date?!”

 

“Happy six months monthasary wifey!” The other voice greet her.

 

She forced herself not to kill that person right away, “You think its funny Oh Sehun?”

 

“Hey chill Rae In. I tried our previous passcode but it can’t be unlock so I call them to changed. I couldn’t think of any combination that we both will know, so I put that. Simple”

 

Its been six months since their wedding, an arranged marriage. Who thought that they will be married to each other, no one will. That is why their marriage is a secret that only be known by their family not even their friends and EXO. At first it will never be easy for them. They both hate it, but for the sake of family they agreed.

 

Soon after the wedding reception, they move in to this apartment. It was a gift from her father anyway. They didn’t hate each other and it was easier for them to live together. They have separate bedrooms and each of them living their own way. Instead of living like a marriage couple, they would categorize it more into housemates. Just a shared house living by two people.

 

Sehun already know her when he was in his second year degree. All of them are major in business study and are in the same faculty. Even though he never care about his surroundings, he managed to have some information about her. A mystery girl who said that have the same personality like him, a cold stone heart. She also in the same second year degree with him when they bumped to each other.

 

Their first encounter didn’t went well anyway. He bumped into her back and made her books scattered down in the ground. Being a jerk, he just left her like that. What make a surprised to Sehun and his group is the girl suddenly grab him by his collar forced him to pick up all the books. He was shocked, so as EXO. From that point, they shown their interest to her, being the girl that treated their maknae just like how he did to other people.

 

“I bought dinner already. Come and sit here. Let’s eat together” Rae In nodded and make her way to sit opposite of Sehun.

 

“Jajjangmyun?” She asked excitedly as that is one of her favorite food. Sehun always knew what she like, he always did.

 

“Yeah. I guess after spending all your energy spit fire to that nerd girl, you probably need to eat something nice” He said matter of fact.

 

Rae In just hummed as response. They start digging the foods in silence. Even though they are not as close as other couple but they will make sure to have dinner together. The only time they have conversations besides when they are watching tv together.

 

“Well, about the rooftop case today...I have my own reasons to be mad at her”

 

Expressionless she said, “I don’t care about that Oh Sehun” Right. She never cares, he thought.

 

He was done with his food and put his chopsticks down. He continue watching his wife taking the jajjangmyun into her tiny mouth. He creep a smile when saw a little sauce slightly in the corner of her lips. Clumsy girl, she is. As strong as she might look on the outside, he always adore her hidden personalities. Small, fragile sensitive girl only he realized after sharing six months living together.

 

“Why are you starring at me?”

 

“Nothing” He chuckled.

 

"That is nothing, you are smilling and that is creepy" She scanned his face again waiting for a reaction. When he said nothing, she just shrugged it away. “Hey Sehun. Can i ask you something?”

 

“Yeah. Sure” He nodded. 

 

“Did you think that I’m a bad person?” Her sudden question has caught Sehun off guard.

 

“I don’t think so. You might not being that nice to other girls but you are not mean. Well at least for me it looks like that” Sehun did not lie, he really thinks that Rae In was not like that.

 

“Cool” She smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: My first Sehun fanfic ever. Please comment down below your thoughts about the first chapter. Thanks! 

 

Love, theblackblossom.