Love Letter

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun had settled down comfortably on the couch and was reading the latest book that was released by her favorite author after coming back from the hotel. Her attention was averted to the door when he heard the sound of someone keying in the password. Other than the owner of the house, she can’t think of who else would be here at this hour but, it’s his first night with Jennie. Watching him entered the penthouse with a blazing face of expression, she knew something might have happened again and it seemed odds-on she would be in trouble.

 

The petite lady frowned seeing Taehyung stomped towards her direction, she asked “why are you back again, it’s your wedding night.”

 

He yanked her up and pulled her to him causing the book in her hand dropped on the carpet under the coffee table. His voice was fierce, “where were you, why didn’t you answer my calls?”

 

She was stunned by his sudden rage and before she could answer, he continued “I’ve told you, just because I’m a little nice, that doesn’t mean you can forget your place and your role here.”

 

At that very moment she felt so low, tears welled up in her eyes. Earlier in the morning she thought perhaps they could live together like how other ordinary couple do for two years but now she knew it was impossible. She was feeling the same pain she experienced seven years ago. She will never be good enough for him as she is just a slave he paid to service him.

 

Joohyun turned to the kitchen when the kettle whistle sound filled the house. She withdrew her hand from his and paced hurriedly to the kitchen to turn off the fire but her shaking hand uncoordinatedly made contact on the kettle.

 

“Ahhh…” she shrieked, face grimaced.

 

Taehyung ran up to her swiftly upon seeing what happened. Grabbing hold on her snowy hand, he noticed how red the burn had turned into. He quickly pulled her towards the basin and rinsed her hand on the running water.

 

“Tch…” he frowned while mumbling “why are you still so clumsy, what am I supposed to do with you?”

 

Looking at his lightened face of expression, she retorted “This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t storm towards me without giving me a chance to explain.”

 

“So it’s my fault now?” he tilted his lowered head and eyed at her with his hard stare. She pouted and looked away not wanting to answer his question. She knew he would not admit to his mistake given his unreasonable personality.

 

When she felt him turned off the water tap, she wanted to pull her hand back from him but he was holding it strongly but he ensured it doesn’t hurt her. Taking one of the clean hand towel from the drawer, he gently wiped her hand and touched on the burn area.

 

“Pain?” he looked into her eyes, caringly.

 

Her heart pulsed in a strange rhythm upon meeting his eyes, “No.”

 

“Wait in the living room, I’ll get the ointment.”  

 

While he was applying the ointment on her hand, she timidly explained “I left my phone in the orchestra practice room. It’s too late for me to retrieve it now so I’ll go get it tomorrow morning.”

 

He nodded his head, eyes still on her hand.

 

“Why did you come back, you just got married,” Joohyun’s voice was low.

 

“Why didn’t you join them at Hoseok’s place?” Taehyung ignored her question and queried her. He looked at her and waited for her response.

 

“Would you want me to go?”

 

He rolled his eyes, annoyed “don’t answer me with another question.”

 

“But you dodged my question first.”

 

Entwining his hand with hers, he pulled her up from the couch “Let’s go, I’ll bring you to the park for a walk. There’s one place that I want to show you.”

 

Joohyun pulled him back and caused him fell sitting on the couch, “You should stop using so much strength, Joohyun…”

 

“I’m sorry,” she nodded her head shyly, embarrassed with her own action. “Can’t we just stay here, if we go to the park we may risk being photograph together.”

 

“Don’t worry, the security system is tight no one can come in illegally.” he got up and tilted his head, gesturing Joohyun to follow him, “let’s go.”

 

-

 

Taehyung was still holding on her hand when they were at the park despite Joohyun tried to break free from it as she feared to be seen by others. When they stopped and took a seat on one of the benches at the secluded area, none of them speak but just stare still on the night starry sky.

 

“This place reminds me of our high school rooftop,” Taehyung broke the silence. “Whenever I have a hard time in the office, I would definitely spend a long time here alone.”

 

Joohyun bit on her lips, “are you troubled by something?”

 

He shook his head and stretched out his legs, “I just wanted to show you this place.”

 

A brief silence befell between them again, taking effort to end the awkward silence, Joohyun stated “Boss, you’re making me like an evil mistress now. You came back on your wedding eve night and now you’re with me again on your wedding night when you’re supposed to be with your wife.”

 

Taehyung cleared his throat, “Nothing will change, I would still be back often. As and when I want so don’t even think about bringing anyone home or try to be naughty.”

 

“Naughty?” Joohyun frowned before pouting her lips, “I have not even stay out or late home before other than that one time which I’d informed you earlier. Why are you being so suspicious towards me?”

 

“With Jin hyung around, it’s hard to say,” Taehyung said.

 

“There’s nothing between me and Jin oppa,” she held on his arm, feeling offended by his continuous accusation.

 

Closing in to Joohyun, he held on the nape of her neck and his thumb caressed on her lips. “If I hear you call him that way again, I’m not sure what would happen to these pretty lips. I don’t like you calling him oppa with that sweet voice.” He reprimanded before releasing the tensed lady.

 

“How’s Baekhyun hyung?” Taehyung started a new topic. “I heard that the business has stabled down. I didn’t get to speak to Uncle Bae earlier, how’s his condition?”

 

“Appa’s determination is no joke,” Joohyun smiled, “he’s recovering in a great speed.” Turning to the man beside her, she said “Taehyung-shi, thank you very much for helping us. Oppa wouldn’t have stabilized in such a short time without your help.”

 

“There’s not a need to thank me,” he stated nonchalantly. “You’re giving me your service in return for your family business stability.”

 

Joohyun’s expression changed instantly, she was biting on her lips hardly to avoid having the tears that were pooling in her eyes cascade. She knew that’s what exactly she is doing and how this disastrous relationship started but the way Taehyung worded it was definitely not pleasant to hear.

 

Noticed how uncomfortable he had made her, he felt bad. “Since we are going to live together for 2 years, let’s have a peaceful life from now on,” he patted on her head warmly. “About the time when I was drunk at home, it’ll not happen again. Sorry…”

 

Her eyes widened upon hearing his soft apology as she never expected to see this side of him again. She was rather surprised and felt awkward with his sudden soft tone of voice. Suddenly, he shoved a big envelope to her.

 

“What’s this?” she held on the envelope and looked at it, dumbfounded.

 

He helped her take out the paper inside and said, “this is my STD test report, tested after our first time.”

 

She blushed the moment he mentioned their ‘first time’.

 

“After that night, I have not touch or sleep with anyone so you don’t have to worry,” he took a deep breath and added “as I’ve said earlier, nothing will change. You’ll be the only person that I would touch, it will stay that way.”

 

She snorted disbelievingly, “that’s ridiculous, you have your wife why would you only touch me…”

 

Before she could finish her sentence, he held on her nape, pulling her closer to him. “That’s why I’m here with you even when I’m supposed to be spending my first night with my wife.” He pressed his lips on hers and muttered “Nothing will change, as I’ve said she’s my wife in name only.” His hand was placed on her lap and she could feel him moving his another free hand towards her hips.

 

“Stop,” she pushed on his chest in fear, “not here…we can’t…”

 

He smirked, reading her mind clearly, “since I have declared everything, you should be able to do it with me in ease now.” He pulled her hands away and held it firmly before closing in their distance.

 

“NO, I won’t do it…” she struggled to pull away further from him and stuttered “I can deny you…for 10 times…right, I’ll use it now. We’re in public place, is a valid reason.” Her face was flushing in red, heavily.

 

Taehyung chuckled, “Fine. You’re left with 9 times now.”

 

Joohyun flinched when he whispered into her ear “You’re not using it wisely, Joohyun. I didn’t plan to do anything on you earlier.”

 

Realizing the trap he had set for her, she hit her forehead “babo…”

 

Caressing on her face tenderly, a smile crept on his face, “Indeed...you are…” he pecked on her lips. “Tomorrow onwards, I don’t want you to call me Taehyung-shi again.”

 

He got up and was about to walk towards the exit but halted when Joohyun asked, “So do I call you boss now?”

 

He tilted his head and said over his shoulder “You know very well what I want to hear, that very name you called 8 years ago.”

 

-

 

On the early morning after the newlywed night, Jennie went back to work as per normal. Most of the staff in the company who met her at the lift lobby were surprised to see her return to work immediately after their wedding. Many had expected her to be away for at least a few days for honeymoon. It made Jennie felt worse when she heard soft voices from behind gossiping about the reason she’s back to work this early.

 

“Mrs. Kim,” Jennie’s secretary, Kei followed her into her office. ‘Mrs. Kim’ this name is definitely foreign to her and above all, it suffocates her as it is cruelly reminding her about her real status.

 

“Call me Jennie will do,” she seated before her large desk while placing her bag into the drawer, “no more Mrs. Kim.”

 

Kei gulped watching her boss weary eyes, “Mr. Min is waiting for you in the meeting room.”

 

“Alright, please bring in all the files that you’d prepared last week. I won’t be seeing anyone today, don’t let anyone interfere us,” Jennie said while taking hold of her coffee tumbler and headed to the meeting room.

 

Stepping into the meeting room, she took a seat opposite of Yoongi. “You’re early…”

 

“Our meeting is at 10am I was only early for 10 minutes,” the older man said with his usual calmness.

 

“Well, I was a little late today,” Jennie massaged on her temple.

 

Placing his pen on the table, Yoongi said “you looked rather tired and unenthusiastic, can you really focus with my tutor today?”

 

Jennie made a face, “if you’re not giving me a chance to escape from this, don’t bother asking.” Looking at his cold and unemotional face, she sighed “aren’t you going to ask me about why I resumed work right after my wedding or shouldn’t I be enjoying my honeymoon now?”

 

“Based on the President’s instruction, my duty here is to groom you into a worthy heiress and not be nosy with your home’s affairs,” Yoongi uttered as a matter of fact. “You need to learn not to be affected by others’ words, especially the negative ones.”

 

She sighed heavily, “I will never meet appa’s expectation. Numbers are not my things, finance is never my cup of tea.” Tilting her head to the back, she sighed again “why am I even here, Yoongi…”

 

“That’s your fate as the heiress of Kim Dae Suk, Seoul Investment Bank,” leaning in, he continued “There’re many ways to realize your own dreams while fulfilling your responsibi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter