The first outburst

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Be home early tonight]

-Taehyung-ie

 

Joohyun was staring still on her phone, unable to decipher Taehyung’s message. She was unsure if he is just reminding her not to be too late home as she has told him about visiting and taking care of her aunt. Brushing off the tinge apprehensive feeling the message gave her, she went back into her room.

 

“Who was that?” Jin asked, casually.

 

Joohyun shrugged, “I don’t see anyone.” Placing her violin into the case, she said “Eemo today will be starting the new phase treatment. I’ll be staying with her till late night, do you want to join me or you have other plan?”

 

Jin shook his head, “my only plan is to be wherever you are…” he had a teasing smile on his face. The smile grew wider when he saw her blushing heavily at his remarks.

 

“Tch…” she hit on his arm lightly. “You better behave when you see eemo.”

 

“I always behave in front of your parents and aunt, didn’t I?” he whispered to her ear from behind before following her footsteps towards the exit.

 

-

 

When they arrived at the ward, the nurses were checking on Yoonhwa’s condition. The woman looked pale and weak, she had just come out from the treatment room. Pacing up to her side, Joohyun placed the bag of books at the side table and helped her aunt to sit upright.

 

“How are you feeling, eemo?” Joohyun held on her fragile shoulders while fixing on the pillow behind her so that she could lean on it comfortably. “How’s your body reacting to the new medicine?”

 

Closing her eyes, an assuring smile formed on her face “still bearable, this is way better than the previous stage. So, don’t worry, silly…” her voice was frail as she caressed on Joohyun’s face. “I see someone familiar is here…”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Yoonhwa Ajuhmma, it’s me, Kim Seokjin,” Jin greeted with a formal bow.

 

“Oh…Jin-ah, you are back from US,” Yoonhwa eyed teasingly at Joohyun which she avoided it. “What brings you back Jin-shi, you ought to be very busy with the year-end shows preparations with your orchestra.”

 

“Just call me Jin will do, Yoonhwa Ajuhmma,” Jin took a seat at the couch, “I can’t really be at ease to have Johnny alone handling the Joint Project. I need to make sure our first partnership to be perfect.”

 

“If that’s the case, you’ll be staying in Korea for some time?” Yoonhwa’s eyes turned to Joohyun who was still standing beside her.

 

“Yes, if the reception of the Joint Project is good, we might be able to work something out with Yoonhwa Orchestra (YHO),” Jin explained. “I have something in mind so I’m seeing Mrs. Hwang tomorrow for further discussion, at least for now that’s my plan.”

 

Joohyun was flabbergasted by his revelation, she rasped “Jin oppa, you never mention anything to me about this previously. This is rather sudden…”

 

“You too never tell me about rejecting our offer,” Jin spat. He was not pleased with her reaction as he was hoping to see her delighted with the news.

 

Joohyun was stunned with his reply, she opened wanting to fight back but no words can be formed out that very minute. Seeing the tension growing between the two young adults, the feeble woman tried to ease the atmosphere.

 

“It’s a regret that I can’t join you all for this project,” Yoonhwa looked down on her clasped hands. “I don’t even remember when was the last I hold a concert for the orchestra. There’s nothing that I have done to improvise the team.”

 

“Yoonhwa Ajuhmma, don’t say that,” Jin walked up to her side and held on her hand, “I would assist in any way possible.”

 

Upon hearing her aunt’s words, Joohyun cannot help but felt tears welled up in her eyes. She took hold of the jug and excused herself not wanting her aunt to notice her reddening eyes, “Let me change the water for you, it has turned chill.”

 

Yoonhwa closed her drowsy eyes awhile before turning to Jin, “answer me honestly, was Joohyun the reason why BSO are considering to partner with us?”

 

“Of course not,” Jin answered instantly, his voice was laced with firmness and assurance. “YHO had been a reputable orchestra in Korea for years, we have always wanted to work with your team it’s just we weren’t able to iron out the terms those years.”

 

 “Sure, she didn’t affect your decision?”

 

Jin bit on his lips, “in a professional way, I wouldn’t let anything or anyone influence my decision-making.” Shoving his hands into the pockets of his black jeans, he admitted “but, an honest answer, she’s the reason why I returned to Korea.”

 

She tittered while shaking her head lightly, “well I like your honesty. If you are really trying to court my niece I would advise you to tolerate with her a little.” Looking up to the young man, she continued “she’d been going through quite a hard time lately. While juggling with her career, taking care of me and her family, it’s been horrendous for her. So, the earlier blow-up is not a right thing to do.”

 

Jin’s flushed face made Yoonhwa’s smile grew wider, he was rubbing on the nape of his neck nervously. “W-hat…I meant was…not in a romantic…”

 

Yoonhwa stopped his stammers, “what other meaning could it be. Go look for her, she would be in the pantry.”

 

At the pantry, Jin saw the jug was refilled but Joohyun was leaning against the pantry counter rubbing her eyes continuously. Gently holding on her shoulders, he turned her around to face him. His heart ached upon seeing her red eyes.

 

Joohyun leaned against his chest when he pulled her into his arms, “Ajuhmma will be fine, she would recover.”

 

“What if she doesn’t?” she was sobbing hardly. “This sickness is killing her.”

 

“Shh…” his arms around her tightened, protectively. “You need to be positive. She’ll be fine, she needs you so you can’t collapse before she does.”

 

Half an hour before the visiting hour ends, Joohyun and Jin decided to leave and let Yoonhwa have more rest without any disturbance.

 

Jin suggested for dinner but when he saw Joohyun’s hesitant face looking on her watch, a small pout formed on his face. “You can’t be like this Bae Joohyun, I was sorry for snapping at you earlier but you can’t leave me alone just like that.”

 

Joohyun was amazed with Jin’s natural apology, she looked at him, giving in “and I thought you’d forgotten how rude you were earlier.”

 

He smiled and pinched on her nose “I was just looking for the right time to say I’m sorry, Hyun.” Seeing her smile, his head tilted to the side beckoning her to follow him to his car. “Let’s go, I’m very hungry.”

 

“But I need to be home by 10pm,” Joohyun got in the car and struggled with the seatbelt which Jin instinctively leaned in and helped her with it.

 

He looked up to her after buckling her seatbelt, “still haven’t fix this clumsiness?”

 

Their close distance made her nervous. She held on the seatbelt and moved away, “I was saying I need to be home early.”

 

He started the car engine and said “why would you still have curfew after moving out? For an adult to have a 10pm curfew, you need to change, Hyun.”

 

“Agree to it or you’ll have dinner alone.”

 

Jin chuckled, “yes maam…”

 

Once they arrived at Myeongdong, Jin was excited just by seeing all the street food and started to suggest all the food that he wanted to try.

 

“Jin oppa, you can’t finish all of it,” Joohyun was trying to control the overly excited man.

 

“Joohyun-ie, you’re here again,” the old lady owner greeted, “who is this handsome man you’ve brought here?” she eyed at Joohyun then back to Jin, suspiciously. “Is he the young boy you always came with during your school days?”

 

“No!” Joohyun answered, swiftly stopping the lady to question further “he just came back from overseas and is craving for street food.”

 

“You’re lucky then, my grandkids just went home so you can enjoy your food there,” she pointed at the empty table at the side. “take a seat first, I’ll get you your usual favorites.”

 

Joohyun gestured “come, ajuhmma will bring us the food.”

 

“So, who is that boy you always came here with?”

 

She looked away pretended that she did not hear his question and she was lucky as the owner brought them the food just in time to stopped Jin from pestering further.

 

“Hyun-ah…” Jin’s serious voice made Joohyun looked up to him attentively. “Why didn’t you tell me all the things that had happened, I could have hold on to the offer and let you settle down first. I would come back and help you, you didn’t have to make such hasty decision.”

 

She lowered her head, things indeed happened way too fast for the past two weeks. Jin’s question reminded her on the situation she was in again. “I did give it a thought, at one point of time, I really wanted to be selfish and not worry about the consequences of just leaving and head straight to the destination I’ve been wanting all this while.” Entwining her own fingers tightly, she added “but I know I can’t, my family needed me. I can’t leave eemo alone here.”

 

“Tying yourself with YHO for two years is the only choice?”

 

“One day, one day you will know why this is my only choice.”

 

Grabbing hold on her small hand, Jin looked into her eyes intently “do you still remember the promise you made before I left for Boston?”

 

“Jin oppa…”

 

“The answer is still the same as the one you gave me eight years ago?”

 

“I…”

 

Slowly releasing her hand, he knew the answer just by watching her face. He tried his best to not show any disappointment on his face. He forced out his usual charming smile, “don’t say anything, after all you should be telling me when you join BSO. Now that we have another 2 years, I’ll work hard to change that answer of yours. I can wait.”

 

-

 

The hour hand struck at 10 the moment Joohyun punched in the password and entered the opulent penthouse. She was about to head to the bathroom after placing her heels in the shoes cabinet without noticing a fury presence in the dark living room. The sudden glass clicking sounds drew her attention. Walking cautiously towards the living room, she noticed Taehyung was pouring the whiskey into his empty glass.

 

“Taehyung-shi, why didn’t you turn on the lights,” she walked back to the switches and turned it on. It was then that she noticed there were another two empty bottles of the hard liquor on the coffee table. She was sure Taehyung is at his limit already. Holding on the bottle, she took it from his hand and placed it on the coffee table but Taehyung took the filled glass and downed the liquid hastily.

 

Grabbing hold on the emptied glass, she attempted to stop him from drinking more. “Stop, you are not even sober.”

 

“Why were you late?” his low raspy voice made her hands halted. When he received no response from her, the threw the glass on the floor “tell me, why were you late?”

 

Joohyun shuddered with his sudden raging voice and the sound of the glass shattering, “I told you this morning that I would be home after dinner time as I’ll be in the hospital.” Her voice was shaking.

 

He grasped on her hand and yanked her forward. She had to hold on his shoulder to avoid crashing her whole body on his. “My text, did you not receive it? Did you even check on the time, it’s already 10pm now”

 

Joohyun wanted to explain but she was daunted by his menacing stare. She barely gets to utter a single word. “Were you with Jin hyung earlier?” her heart was thumping rapidly against her chest. “ANSWER ME!!”

 

“He just came back from US and I brought him to visit eemo, that’s all.” Her trembling hand was winced in pain caused by his strong hold.

 

“Sweet reunion…” he lowered his head and snickered before looking up to her with a venomous glare. “That’s why the kiss?”

 

Her eyes widened upon hearing him, “How do...”

 

 “How do I know?” Taehyung completed her question, eyes still daunting on her. “You’re so ed-up, Bae Joohyun.” He leaned in and whispered into her ear “Now, brace yourself for the punishment,” before pulling her forward making her torso rested on his laps.

 

“Taehyung-shi, what are you doing? Don’t, let’s talk I’m sorry okay, please…”

 

Joohyun could feel his left-hand trailing on his leg, bit by bit moving up to her thigh sending chills to her body. When her bottom made contact with his large hand, she gasped fearfully. She wanted to get up from her position but he held on her shoulder blade making sure she stays still on his laps.

 

He pulled on the hem of her dress upwards, his hand very slowly pulled down her underwear and she could feel his flat palm on her round bottom. “You are sorry? When you decided to ignore my text, did ‘sorry’ this word come across your mind?”

 

She could not feel his hand for a few seconds and in split second she felt him hit on her, the pain was stinging. “When you were kissing him, were you sorry?” he caressed on it before landing his hand on it again – hard. His breathing was rough and she could barely breathe from this new action of his. She tried setting herself free again only to received a warning. “Stay still, you won’t want me to spank you for longer.”

 

“It wasn’t like what you think…ahhh…” she cried out in pain.

 

“Just because I have popped your cherry,” he leaned into her and whispered “that doesn’t mean you can go around and be a , do you hear me?”

 

Joohyun closed her eyes and nodded her head unwillingly, her tears were falling onto the marble floor. She knew if she is to argue further it would only make him angrier.

 

“Now, let’s go into our room,” he pulled her up and dragged her along the hallway to the room.

 

Pushing her on the large sized bed he hovered above her and she thought he would attack her immediately after closing the door but he did not. She took this chance to explain.

 

“Taehyung-shi, nothing happened between us, I just had dinner with Jin oppa.” She was hoping that it would calm him down a little but at that very minute, nothing could stop him.

 

The scene of them together was playing in his mind unstoppably, especially when Jin laid his hand on his belongings. She cupped on her chin and kissed her hard. Their lips were sealed with his intense and hungry kiss, his hands were working on her dress, ripping it apart.

 

“I hated the way you called him oppa,” he trailed his lips down her neck, placing fervent kisses on her delicate skin, and biting on it. Her pale skin was turning red. “Since day one…”

 

“Please…I’m having a performance soon, don’t” she tried pushing the stronger man but to no avail as he moved up and claimed her swollen lips again.

 

“Did he do this to you?” he stopped and looked into her eyes, “you are afraid he would see my marks on you?”

 

Her eyes were welled with tears, she shook her head “listen to me…we didn’t do anything…”

 

He undid his necktie and brought her hands above her head tying it with the tie. “Taehyung-ah, you promised you won’t…”

 

“I did, that’s if you behave,” his dark eyes were burning her. When he hastily removed his shirt, she knew what was coming. His eyes were filled with lust. She could feel him parting her knees and the next second he was inside of her, plunging into her fast and with intense pace.

 

She cried in pain, hands clenching on the sheets. It happened too fast for her and it was a different feeling from the first time they shared. She could barely endure the pain she’s feeling now. “Taehyung-ah…not so hard…” she moaned.

 

“You are mine, remember that,” he held still on her hips and ed deeper into her, mercilessly “Only I can do this to you, your role is to pleasure me.”

 

Joohyun let her tears fell freely from her eyes, she was not sure if it was the pain she’s experiencing physically or the humiliating words from Taehyung that hurt her more. She could not stop herself from crying. That night, she lost counts on how many times he had violated her body as when he finally stop, her whole body was numb.

 

“Why are you crying like that when you know you were wrong,” he asked after calming down from the overwhelming emotions and intense works he did with her. He had one hand on the bed, next to her head making sure she didn’t need to feel his weight.

 

Joohyun remained silent as she looked away from the eyes that made her feel weak. Her hands above her head were struggling to break free from the tie.

 

“Regretting?” he removed it and noticed the bruises on her fair skin. “I gave you a chance that night but you still took the offer.”

 

“I never understand how we became like this,” another tear escaped her eyes.

 

“Ask yourself that question, you know the answer best,” he got up and marched towards the bathroom leaving the damaged woman laid frailly on the bed in tears.

 

When Taehyung came out from the bathroom, he noticed Joohyun was not in the room and his face darkened instantly. Walking out from their room, he heard noises from the kitchen; Joohyun was busy working at the kitchen counter.

 

He walked up to her and hugged her from behind, his hand around her waist was gentle “Are you not going to wash up?”

 

She gasped upon feeling his arm around her, she tilted her head “ginger tea, it helps to get rid of hangover. I guess your head is still spinning.”

 

Holding on the glass of tea, he turned her around before downing the drink. Staring into her eyes with the same expression he had earlier, Joohyun flinched when he leaned into her, very closely. “It’s not wise to just wear my shirt you know. It turns me on.” His eyes moved from her top down to her toes then went back to her pulpy lips.

 

“I’m sorry, you were in the walk-in closet and my dress…so I just put on your shirt,” her face was flushed red with his comment. “I’ll go wash up now.”

 

He stopped her from walking away as he carried her up and seated her on the island counter. When her bottom touched the cold marble top, she winced. Taehyung noticed the pain on her face, he placed his hand on the side of her thigh before looking up at Joohyun. His shirt was definitely too huge for her, he could see the obvious kiss marks on her collarbone from the big collar.

 

“When is your performance?” he asked whilst touching on her smooth and pale skin.

 

“Most likely in two weeks’ time,” her hand rose to his. “I’ll take care of it.”

 

“It should be gone by then,” he held on her small wrist and noticed the fine bruises on it. Gently caressing on it with his thumb, he looked into her eyes “pain?”

 

She shook her head weakly and a tear dropped on her lap. “Stay at home if you are too tired, don’t go to the orchestra or hospital.”

 

Joohyun shook her head again and it caused him sighed heavily. He helped her got back on the floor and rested his forehead on hers with his hand held on her nape.

 

“What time do you want me to be home tonight?”

 

“Any time you wish.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“As long as you are not with another guy.”

 

“But I would be seeing Jin at the orchestra…”

 

Loosening his arm on her, he rested his hand on her shoulder, “don’t let him get too close to you.”

 

When he walked away towards the door, Joohyun pulled on the sleeve of his sweater, “where are you going at the crack of dawn?”

 

“you won’t get to rest if I’m still around,” he said over his shoulder before taking his leave. Upon closing the door behind him, his body slumped on the wall weakly. “Kim Taehyung, how can you lose control!!”

 

-

 

“Bae Joohyun…”

 

She whirled around to see Jin running towards her direction from the main gate of the building. He was panting heavily, out of breath “Yah…how could you walked so fast. Didn’t I told you that I would pick you?”

 

“Did you had a long run, you barely get to catch your breath,” she searched for his car, “where did you park?”

 

“Somewhere,” Jin grabbed hold of Joohyun’s violin case, “let’s get in…”

 

She pulled back the case, “I can carry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter