When our heart first beat for one another

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun wasn’t sure how long Taehyung had been kissing her but she knew his blazer would be wrinkled by now as she was clenching on it the minute he claimed her lips. The kiss was soft but it turned intense when she did not deny him. Taehyung has no intention of halting what he’s doing not until the familiar voice resounded the room again.

 

“Well, I don’t mean to interrupt,” Jungkook left the door opened with a small gap, “but I’m having a conference call, real soon.”

 

He pulled away from her lips but still holding firmly on her nape, forehead resting on hers. His breath was heavy, “Ten minutes.”

 

“Okie…” the lawyer closed the door.

 

Taehyung was trying best to breathe normally, he disliked how this woman before him impinged on him. It was not the first time she made him lose self-control. His eyes were staring right into hers but she was avoiding his dark hard stare.

 

“Ten minutes will be up soon,” Joohyun was trying hard to catch her breath.

 

He released her, “sign it.” His voice was firm and it made her feel agonizing. She never like this tone of voice, even back in school days she hated this tone of his as she knew he wasn’t pleased with whatever he is facing now.

 

Flipping over to the signing page, she dropped her signature on her column before pushing the document to the man beside her. He took hold of it and signed on the line above his name and before he could say something, he heard her stomach growling sound. When he turned to her he could see her lowered head, feeling embarrassed.

 

Checking on his watch, he asked “you haven’t take your lunch yet, it’s already 3.”

 

She looked away and said “I was running some errands before coming here.”

 

“Let’s go, we’ll go for some light food.”

 

She grabbed hold on his arm instantly, “I’m good. You don’t have to do this, I know you are busy and I shouldn’t affect your schedule.”

 

“Do you need me to remind you on clause 6,” he raised the document on his free hand, “my decision is final.”

 

When he turned around to leave, she grasped on his arm making him turned to her again. “What happens if I violate any of the conditions in this agreement?”

 

“I can destroy your father’s company with one phone call,” he intimidated. 

 

She immediately released his arm and trailed behind him exiting the room.

Passing the document back to Jungkook, the older man scowled “never expect you are this terrible in convincing people.”

 

“Look at the terms in it, who would sign without thinking?” Jungkook was offended as he hit Taehyung with the document. “Besides, if I was good, you wouldn’t have the chance to eat her up there and then.”

 

“Shut up,” Taehyung’s large hand hit on Jungkook’s stomach before walking up to Joohyun who was waiting at the reception area. “Let’s go,” he beckoned, making his way towards the elevator.

 

Within ten minutes’ drive, they have arrived at a fine dining restaurant. When they were seated at one of the table at a secluded corner, Joohyun noticed the restaurant was void of people, they were the only patron. She wasn’t sure if it was pre-arranged or it was a norm for him to dine with such privacy but it was uncomfortable for her.

 

Joohyun held on the menu but it was taken away by Taehyung. “I’ve ordered. No prize for guessing it right, you would order the cheapest food from the menu.” Returning the menu to the waiter, he said “get her an orange juice and I would like an iced tea.”

 

When her food was served, she got to know that he had had his lunch. He had ordered spaghetti for her, one of her favorite food which he still remember. It was quiet during her lunch, neither one of them has break the silence. Joohyun would stole glances of him from time to time and he noticed it.

 

“If you could stop what you are doing, I believe you can finish your food faster.”

 

“I’m sorry,” she gobbled up the remaining of her spaghetti and choked a little when she slurped it too fast.

 

Taehyung sighed looking at her lips that was stained with the red sauce, “that doesn’t mean you need to eat it hurriedly,” he reached his hand to her lips and gently wiping it with the napkin. She looked up at him in surprise and once again they were caught in each other eyes with a longing emotion.

 

“I’ll do it,” she grabbed on the napkin making sure not to have their hands brush one another.

 

“Are you done?”

 

Biting her lower lip, she had been holding back since the ride here. She just can’t find the courage to voice out her request “you know Baekhyun oppa well, I don’t think I can convince him to allow me to move out in such a short time. May I ask for 2 weeks, I’ll definitely move in in 2 weeks.”

 

Crossing his arms while leaning his back on the seat, “My decision is final, you don’t need me to keep reminding you this. I want to see you in my penthouse when your 1-week time frame comes to an end.” He got up from his seat and held on her hand making his way towards the door. She looked up at him in fear, she was afraid others would see them.

 

“No one is around.”

 

Taehyung has insisted to send her to the hospital and when the driver pulled to a stop, he slipped a card into her hand.

 

“This is the door card key of the penthouse. I would let you know the password once you move in, meanwhile use this card,” his eyes were on his phone.

 

“Alright…”

 

Just when she wanted to exit the car, she felt his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him over her shoulder. “Call me once you decided when to move in and if you can’t get me, contact Jimin.”

 

Taehyung watched her nodded her head and stepped out from the car heading towards the hospital entrance. His eyes were still glued at the same place even after Joohyun had disappeared from his sight.

 

“Young master Taehyung,” the driver’s voice diverted his attention, “your next destination…”

 

“Back to my penthouse,” he said in a low voice before closing his weary eyes. “Kim Taehyung, it’s only the second meeting, can you really handle it?” he murmured.

 

-

 

Looking at the calendar on her phone, Joohyun cannot accept how fast time past. The past events that happened in the short span of two weeks made her felt as though she was on a horrible rollercoaster ride. From her father admitted into the hospital to Taehyung given her an offer and now to move out from the place she had stayed since day 1, it was horrendous. The one-week time limit given to her was passing in a jiffy and within two days she has to move into the place Taehyung provided her. She wrapped her arms around herself an effort to stop the tremble upon recalling how Baekhyun reacted to her revelation on rejecting Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) and signed on with Yoon Hwa Orchestra. And it was as if one news is not surprising enough, she has to throw in another bombshell informing him that she is moving out in a week's time. Of course, the protective brother disagreed to her decision and opposed it strongly. If it was not Taeyeon who held Baekhyun back, he would have called BSO.

 

Joohyun had been travelling from the hospital and Yoon Hwa Orchestra more often over the week. She would visit her auntie in the morning making sure everything is fine before dropping by at her father’s ward to accompany him for breakfast while anticipating for the doctor’s first visit of the day. Before lunch, she would return to the school for practice with an unknown company beside her room which she was oblivious of. After her practice she would make a trip to the hospital again for Mr. Bae’s physiology session. Mr. Bae’s condition was improving, at the very least he could feel his lower limbs now. Meanwhile, Taehyung kept his promise as Baekhyun was busy working on the merger of SH Enterprise and H&H, a well-established organization in the States. The crisis that SH Enterprise faced was temporarily resolved. Mrs. Bae knew well Joohyun had given Kim Taehyung something to get his assistance in return.

 

“Kim Taehyung!” a fury man stormed into his office in rage only to meet a nonchalant figure who was focusing on the computer screen. “Are you not going to look at me at all?”

 

“Director Kim,” a pint-sized lady tried to hold back the raging man. “I’ve told you VP Kim is busy right now.”

 

“It’s alright Rose, you may carry on with your work,” Taehyung finally stopped working on the keyboard and dismissed his secretary. Turning to his uncle, he knew what he is up to. “I would appreciate if you could address me in a proper way during office hours, samchon.” He stood up from his seat, hands in his pants pocket, his voice was cold yet laced with fierce “You may not respect me but please respect this seat that I’m sitting on, Director Kim.”

 

Kim Youngcul was clenching his fists, on a verge of losing his cool further. “Why did you reject my proposal? Why on earth are we still using SH Enterprise and who is this H&H?”

 

“That is why you should listen to Jimin and not always disregard him,” he sauntered towards his mini counter and poured two glasses of water. Placing it before the older man, he continued “I’m sure he had informed and explained to you on our plan. Since SH Enterprise have compensated on our losses and could give us a better offer, I don’t see why we should risk ourselves to sign on with a new party. Besides, if you have gone through the report from Seoul Investment Bank which I believe you didn’t, the merger of SH Enterprise and H&H would only benefit us.”

 

“Are you behind all this, you helped them, didn’t you?”

 

Taehyung snorted at his uncle “well I have to admit that I’m surprised how Bae Baekhyun worked wonder in such a short period of time.” Stopping right by Kim Youngchul’s side, he spoke in a low and threatening voice, “I don’t care what are the personal benefits you gained from the company but do not lay a finger on them anymore. You wouldn’t want a direct warning from the President, do you?”

 

“You punk!”

 

“Yah…” Jimin came in in time to pulled Kim Youngchul away. His fist was so near to punch on his nephew’s face. “Control yourself! This would get messy if the people outside find out.”

 

Kim Youngchul swung off Jimin’s strong arms before tidying his blazer, “I’ll remember this VP KIM.” He left the room fuming with anger.

 

Taehyung snorted and shook his head, “He’s childish, isn’t he?” he leaned on his desk before turning to his friend.

 

Jimin sighed, “must you provoke him that way? If I was only a few seconds late, I would have been welcomed by bloodshed here.”

 

The taller man chuckled, “It’s only two of us, how would it turn into bloodshed.”

 

“Looks like the things that you have planned are in place now,” Jimin commented.

 

“Yes,” Taehyung folded his arms in a serious manner, “we’ll work it out after the wedding.”

 

“Just make sure you don’t hurt the innocent.”

 

“When there’s war, there will be casualty. The innocents are bound to sacrifice.”

 

-

 

Joohyun was arranging the fresh flowers on the adjustable table in front of Yoonhwa’s bed and every few seconds, she would look up at her aunt covertly. She knew by now Mrs. Hwang would have informed her aunt about the permanent contract she has signed with Yoon Hwa Orchestra instead of accepting Boston Symphony Orchestra’s offer. It made her feel more anxious not knowing what her aunt would comment on her decision.

 

“Is there something you would like to say, Joohyun?”

 

“Eemo…” Joohyun pouted her lips; she knew her aunt was teasing her. “Don’t you have something you want to ask?”

 

Yoonhwa chortled at her niece’s expression, “I thought you have something that you wanted to tell me.” Closing the novel she was reading and placed it on the side table, the pale woman turned her attention to the young lady, gesturing her to take a seat beside her. “The options are yours and it’s only fair if you decide it yourself. I trust you have considered the pros and cons before coming to this decision.”

 

“It would be good if everyone view it this way,” Joohyun sighed while playing with her fingers mindlessly.

 

Reaching over to the violinist small hands, she said “Who would think you will choose my orchestra over an international orchestra and you are only doing this after so many years past when you could have done it earlier.”

 

Joohyun had wanted to join Aunt Yoonhwa’s orchestra since young but because her mother is not on good terms with her aunt hence she put on hold on that decision and auditioned for BSO. She never thought things would turn out this way. From dawn till dusk she hoped that her father’s incident was only a horrid dream, the fact that the guy named Kim Taehyung is back in her life again was a nightmare and when she awakes, everything will return to the origin but it did not.

 

“Joohyun-ah, for every decision made,” her voice was soft and comforting “there will be a consequence that you need to bear and all I wish is that you would never regret the decision made now.”

 

Wrapping her arms around Aunt Yoonhwa, a tear escaped from her eye “Eemo…” there were so much bottled feelings inside Joohyun that she wanted to pour it out to her aunt but she knew she cannot let anyone know. She has to endure this misery and let it consume her.

 

“Silly girl, you’ll be fine,” she patted on her silky hair. “But how are you going to explain to your senior? He somehow paved the road for you.”

 

“Believe me, he would not hang up the phone after hours of nagging. I’ll be broke cause of the long distance call charges.” Joohyun pouted. “I’ll wait for his call.”

 

 “He had waited for you long enough; don’t you think it’s about time for you to tell him your answer?”

 

“Eemo…what are you talking about?”

 

“Stop avoiding it, if he’s not the right one, be frank with him. Don’t complicate a simple relationship.”

 

“Aigoo…he’s a oppa okay…”

 

Yoonhwa shook her head, “during your school days you’re admired by many boys, why are you still single? You’re getting old; you have to find a partner.”

 

“Sheesh…are you going to start complaining on this already?”

 

“Get out from that bad experience, not every guy is that bad. After all, that was only a puppy love. You shouldn’t lock yourself in that nightmare.”

 

“Eemo, I’m already this busy now, if I am to start a relationship, I would have lesser time to spend with you.”

 

“I just want you to have happiness, Joohyun.” Yoonhwa knew the time bomb in her is ticking fast; it may explode any time. “I hope to see you find your happiness while I still can, Joohyun.” This was the unsound message kept in her heart since the first day she met her in this world.

 

-

 

Back at Mr. Bae’s ward, Baekhyun and Taeyeon have arrived as well. Joohyun attempted to break the ice between her and Baekhyun but the older man was still ignoring her. He was still angry that Joohyun had made an important decision without discussing with him. Mr. Bae laughed silently watching the cold war between the siblings. Suddenly, an unexpected intrusion frightened them as a familiar man barged into the ward; it was his buddy, Kim Youngjae.

 

“Seunghoon-ah…” Kim Youngjae walked up to Mr. Bae.

 

“Eo…Youngjae-ah,” Bae Seunghoon sat upright from his sleeping position. “Why would you be here?” Joohyun immediately took the remote control to adjust her father’s bed.

 

“Yah, how could you not tell me what you are going through?” Youngjae complained. “And this unfilial son of mine is hiding this from me. Do you even treat me as a friend?”

 

“Uncle Kim, calm down,” Joohyun looked at him with worried eyes. “You might affect your heart rate.”

 

“Youngjae-ah, you shouldn’t blame Taehyung. You yourself is in a bad condition, you’re definitely not in a place that can worry about others.”

 

“But still…”

 

Kim Youngjae was cut off by Baekhyun when he pushed a chair to him, “take a seat, calm down and we talk. Taehyung had been a big help for us.” Baekhyun patted on Taehyung’s back which made him jolted a little.

 

Finally taking in Taehyung’s presence, Joohyun was uncomfortable when her eyes were caught by his cold and dark stare. She volunteered to cut some fruits for them while they can talk.

 

“He didn’t even tell me about the crisis SH Enterprise is facing,” Youngjae flashed a hard glare at his son.

 

Rubbing his nape uneasily, he excused “I’ll help Joohyun with the fruits.”

 

“See, he’s running away. He knew that he’s wrong.”

 

“At the rate you are throwing temper at him, you’re really expecting another round of ‘heart attack’?”

 

“Yah…is this how you greet your friend with a curse?”

 

“I want you to slow down. Baekhyun told me about it, given his position it would not look good for him to help us as it was our fault. But yet, he helped us out in a different way. Taehyung is way too capable for his age.”

 

“Yes Uncle Kim, we are merging with H&H. Things are fine now, we are no longer in crisis anymore.” Baekhyun assured.

 

Youngjae sighed “at least you are back to help your appa, I guess this is the silver lining amidst the storm.”

 

-

 

“Your deadline is near, are you moving in tomorrow?”

 

“Ahh…” Joohyun shouted and turned around with the knife still in her hand pointing it at the person who had frightened her from behind.

 

The water from her wet hand and knife splashed on invader and caused one of his eyes closed. “You intend to kill me?” Taehyung held on the knife and placed it on the sink.

 

“I’m sorry, you scared me,” she quickly pulled some tissues and passed to him to wipe his face.

 

“So, have you spoken to your family?” Taehyung closed in to Joohyun, eyes fixated on her; she could feel his hot breath fanning on her cheek. She immediately stepped back and continued cutting on the apple, pretended not hearing his query.

 

Displeased with her action, he paced towards the door and closed it before walking back to her. He stood behind her while placing both his arms by her sides on the pantry counter, caging her from behind.

 

“Taehyung-shi, we are in the hospital people can see” her heart raced upon feeling his dominating body from her back.

 

“I’ve locked the door,” he whispered. Tilting his head and closing in to her side profile, he held on her chin turning her to face him. “I don’t like how you move away from me. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter