A Closure

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome…”

 

Joohyun halted her footsteps when the familiar joyful voice rang in her ears. She looked up to the man who was forbidden to step foot in the café, Jung Hoseok.

 

“Mind to share why are you here?” she checked on him from head to toe, “in this apron…”

 

Hoseok remained silent and winked playfully at Joohyun leaving her dumbfounded at the doorstep watching him walking away and joined Alice at the coffee counter. Seungwan noticed Joohyun’s presence and immediately walked up to her best friend.

 

“You came,” Seungwan held on Joohyun’s arm pulling her over to the upper floor.

 

Joohyun stared still on the familiar smile she once seen daily, when Seungwan was still leading a happy life with Hoseok. Taking a seat, Joohyun felt something changed. “Did I miss anything? You looked comfortable with him around, I believe nobody dare to let him in if it’s not you who lift up his forbidden tag.”

 

“I saw you came out from YJ Tower the other day,” Seungwan eyed on the fair lady, ignoring her earlier interrogation. “With Taehyung announcing your relationship to all of us, does that mean you guys are official now? Are you mad?”

 

“I won’t tell you anything till you spill the beans, first,” Joohyun crossed her arms before her chest and leaned against the seat.

 

Seungwan sighed, “all thanks to you…”

 

-3 days ago-

 

“Liar!”

 

Seungwan halted her hands from locking the door and whirled around to the owner of the familiar voice. “Yah, what did you call me?”

 

Hoseok walked up to her, “am I wrong? You said that you’ll talk to me and I waited for your call.”

 

She rolled her eyes and went back to locking the main door of the café. “For someone who wants to beg for forgiveness, shouldn’t you be the one calling me?”

 

Snatching the set of keys from her hands, Hoseok unlocked the door and pulled Seungwan into the café before turning on the lights.

 

“I know, that’s why I’m here.”

 

“Yah Jung Hoseok,” Seungwan withdrew her hand from him, “you don’t look like you’re asking to be forgiven at all. How could you drag me in and did I say I want to speak to you now?”

 

“Seungwan-ah, don’t you think you’ve tortured me enough?” his voice was low and regretful.

 

She sighed, placing her sling bag on the counter, she walked away “what do you want to drink? I’ll only give you an hour.”

 

“That’s generous,” he smirked, knowing she’s softening “WenHope, I miss that drink.”

 

She busied herself with the coffee machine, “you know very well I’ve discontinued that drink.”

 

“You can always have it back.”

 

“That drink…” she hesitated, “it’s died along with little angel. It will no longer exist the moment you sign the paper.”

 

He walked up to her stopping her from meddling with the machine and give him all the attention he needed. “There’s no other way, you know I can never risk your life. At that point of time, even if I’d choose little angel, you both might have died during the waiting time. There’s no other option for me, I need you to be safe.”

 

“That’s because right from the start you never wanted little angel, that’s why you could sign on it so easily,” her empty stare was hurting Hoseok.

 

“You know that’s not the truth,” Hoseok tightened his hold on her wrist, “that night, I told you we would work something out, we will work things out but you were stubborn. If you could listen to me and not drive under medication influence, the accident wouldn’t have happened.”

 

“Stop it,” Seungwan pushed him away, attempting to run away from the same problem.

 

“All this while, you’ve been drowning yourself with work,” Hoseok pulled her back, he needed her to face the reality instead of burying herself with guilt. “How long do you intend to run away from reality? You behaved like you’re moving on well but the fact is, you’re killing yourself with guilt. The accident happened because of your stubbornness, you were deciding things recklessly and impulsively but you put all the blame on me so that you could feel better. This is not how you should move on.”

 

“SHUT UP!!!” Seungwan covered her ears, falling on her knees with the memories of that cruel night gushing through her mind. “Don’t say it, I don’t want to listen,” she broke down in tears.

 

“Seungwan…let go of little angel, you’re not doing anyone good.”

 

“Yes, I blamed you unreasonably,” she cried painfully, “but it all started because of you. Your existence reminds me the same pain, I want you to be punished too. We brought little angel to this world but we killed it with our own hands too.”

 

He pulled her in his arms, “you still love me, why are you so cruel to torture us this way?”

 

“We don’t deserve any happiness,” she hit his chest continuously.

 

“Don’t do that, little angel wouldn’t want to see us like this,” he rested his chin on her head, feeling the same pain. “treasure our life, that’s what we should do. Give me a chance, give us a chance. Let’s start afresh…”

 

Seungwan cried even harder as she grasped on his shirt.

 

“That’s a real brave approach from him,” Joohyun chuckled, “I never expect him to say those things to you but he’s right,” she agreed.

 

Seungwan rolled her eyes in annoyance, “That’s so you, always side him, even back then.”

 

“You know the answer best, it’s about time to move on,” Joohyun held on her small hand and gently squeeze on it as if telling her that the decision now is the best. “You should be happy and Hoseok oppa is the only one who can give you happiness. I’m happy for you.”

 

The barista nodded her head, “I know, right from the beginning he was the only one.” Turning to Joohyun, concernedly “what’s with you and Kim Taehyung, is he mad? And with you going to his office so freely, does that mean you two are telling everyone you two are official now? What are you going to do now with everyone of us know about it already?”

 

“There’s something about Taehyung…I can’t leave him…” Joohyun contemplated whether to tell Seungwan the truth. The tip of her nails poked into her palm, “remember, in the past I told you about him hiding something from me?”

 

Seungwan nodded, “he always tells you vaguely that he has a dark past and not wanting to share with you until you become someone important to him.”

 

“He was abused by his aunt before meeting us, ually,” Joohyun bit her lip with the words she read in the journal and Jimin’s voice filled her mind.

 

Seungwan’s hand rose to her lips, eyes widened in shock “how could that…”

 

“He had been in mild depression and my rejection made his condition worsen,” tears entered Joohyun’s eyes, she lowered her head “I almost killed him, it’s me who turned him into a vicious person.”

 

Holding on her small shoulder, Seungwan wasn’t sure what should be said to make her feel better. “Joohyun-ah, so many years have passed, don’t you think it’s about time to tell him the truth? What exactly made you leave him 7 years ago? You’ve been keeping this secret all to yourself without telling anyone, you’re hurting too.”

 

“I can’t…not now…”

 

“The few of us would definitely keep this secret for you two, but Jisoo…” Seungwan worried, “I’m beginning to worry for you, Joohyun…”

 

“Boss,” Alice came up hurriedly, “there’s this lady named, Kim Jisoo, she wants to meet Joohyun-ssi.”

 

Seungwan snorted “speak of the devil…”

 

“I know what she’ up to,” Joohyun wiped off her tears. “Can I just borrow this space for a while?”

 

“Since when did my café become a place for people talk things out?” Seungwan got up, “I’ll bring her up.”

 

-

 

“What do you intend to do now?”

 

Joohyun looked up to the lady who never know how to sugarcoat her words and is always straight-forward, something she admire. “What are you referring to?”

 

“Jin oppa came back to Korea for you, he paved the road for you to join Boston but you ended up joining your aunt’s orchestra,” Jisoo tried controlling her temper. “Don’t you know everything about you, it’s all he cares about?”

 

“Do you still love Jin oppa?”

 

“Do you think you have the right to ask that?” Jisoo spat. “I have no interest in what’s going on between you and Kim Taehyung. You should know very well; you and his brother are equally important to him. It’s not fair for you to keep leading him, giving him fake hope. It’s about time to stop him if he doesn’t stand a chance at all.”

 

Joohyun remained silent, feeling a huge pang of guilt inside.

 

“Bae Joohyun, I never expect you to be this selfish,” Jisoo looked away.

 

“Even without this conversation, I’d planned to clear things off with Jin oppa,” Joohyun said in a low voice. “You don’t have to worry, I’ll definitely talk to him. I know I don’t have any right to say this but I really hope you will stay by his side…”

 

Jisoo got up from her seat “I’ve never stop loving him and if you’re worried that I would spread the news about you and Taehyung, I promise I won’t…”

 

-

 

“I don’t know if this work but you have to do it,” Seungwan pulled Joohyun along to Seulgi’s dance studio. “Jimin is going nuts because of Kang Seulgi and it’s all because of you and his boss.”

 

“Would she even listen to me?” Joohyun peeked through the glass door. “You sure she’s practicing today? There’s no one in the studio.”

 

“Her manager told me she’s preparing for a performance this weekend,” Seungwan tried calling Seulgi’s manager.

 

“She’s there, at the corner,” Joohyun patted on Seungwan’s arm upon locating Seulgi.

 

“Go in,” Seungwan nudged the violinist.

 

“Wait for me, don’t leave…” Joohyun held on Seungwan’s wrist, “make sure you don’t leave me alone.”

 

Stepping into the studio with heavy steps, Joohyun crouched and passed a bottle of water to the tired dancer. “Do you have some time for me?”

 

Snatching the bottle from Joohyun’s hands, Seulgi got up and walked away ignoring her friend. Joohyun abruptly followed her footsteps but almost slipped when she turned.

 

“Omg, what’s wrong with you?” Seulgi helped her up and checked on her ankle. “Did you injure yourself?”

 

“It’s recovering,” Joohyun held on Seulgi’s hand and pulled her up. “Can’t you listen to me?”

 

“If you’re here to help Park Jimin, don’t even try,” Seulgi opened the bottle cover and drank the water. “He’s fu*ked up really bad this time.”

 

“Seulgi-ah, it’s not like what you think. It may seem like it but it’s not exactly like that,” pulling her over to the bench, Joohyun took a seat and beginning to tell her buddy a story of her lover “after listening to this, it would change your view.”

 

Joohyun took some time and told her the truth she just discovered not long. The ugly truth which her friend’s fiancé had been keeping to himself all these years in order to protect the ill-fated man whom she left heartlessly.

 

Seulgi stared still on the wooden floor, frightened by the truth which she’s never imagined would happen to someone. Turning to the lady beside her, she opened wanting to say something but it never come out. She was too shocked by the veracity of events Kim Taehyung had experienced.

 

“How did that happen?” Seulgi clasped her hands and rested it on her lap, “he’s never said anything to us.”

 

“It was his darkest life that he didn’t want anyone to know,” Joohyun said, eyes pooled with tears “Jimin, he just happened to be in that chapter of his life; during that dark hour…”

 

Looking at Joohyun carefully, Seulgi queried “do you still love him?”

 

Joohyun turned to the serious dancer “I have never stop loving him…”

 

“Then why did you leave him?”

 

“That was the best, it was the best for both of us,” Joohyun bit her lower lip in pain “it was the only thing I can do at that point of time, which I thought it was right.”

 

“Who’s threatening you?” Seulgi held on her arm.

 

Joohyun shook her head and Seulgi knew she didn’t want to say more. “What about Jin oppa? He loves you very much.”

 

“I promise to sort things out with him, give me some time,” Joohyun plead. “Also, the reason why I’m here today, it’s not about me, Jin and Taehyung. It’s about you and Jimin.” Flicking on her forehead with great strength, Seulgi fell back a little. “Are you crazy?”

 

“I should be the one asking you this, it’s pain,” Seulgi rubbed on her forehead. “What was that for?”

 

“You’ve been with Jimin all your life, how could you say you want to cancel the wedding?” Joohyun glared hardly at Seulgi. “Me accepting Taehyung’s offer has nothing to do with him, even if he’s to stop me, do you think he could change anything?”

 

“At least he could knock some senses into your head.”

 

“It won’t change anything whether he stop me or not, at that very minute, Taehyung was my only hope to save my family.”

 

“It’s not about you agreeing it, it’s about him not worrying about you at all. You’re his friend too, my best friend!”

 

“But he witnessed everything Taehyung gone through,” Joohyun uttered, “if you’re in his shoes, or I should say if all four of our roles changed, you would’ve done the same,” she held on her hand, “don’t be so stubborn, don’t let other people or things to come between you two. The love that you two shared, you should treasure it. There are many people who doesn’t own such chance.”

 

Pulling her hand from Joohyun’s, she pouted “well, if he appears within a minute I’ll forgive him.”

 

“Stop being so childish!” Joohyun snapped her fingers.

 

“What?” Seulgi was surprised, “why are you snapping your fingers…”

 

“Seulgi…” Jimin entered the room from the back door.

 

“Yah, Bae Joohyun,” Seulgi pointed at her friend, angrily “did you trap me?”

 

“You said it yourself, I haven’t even got to say anything,” Joohyun had a playful smile on face. She grabbed hold on her hand and pulled her towards Jimin, she placed Seulgi’s hand on Jimin’s “I’m handing her to you…and you, Kang Seulgi, your wedding is just around the corner. Don’t be a whiny kid here.”

 

Watching Joohyun exited the room, Jimin turned to his tenacious lover “can you forgive me? Can we not let all this affect us?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth? I wouldn’t have been so unreasonable if you’d told me the truth,” Seulgi threw small punches on the innocent man before him.

 

Holding on her soft face, he said “I didn’t even tell Joohyun about it, it’s a secret I promised him not to tell anyone. That night, it was a horrible memory that all of us are trying hard to forget it.”

 

Wrapping her arms around Jimin, she cried “I’m sorry, I’m sorry for not being a better person for you. All I did was throwing tantrums on you when I should have tried to understand you.”

 

Tightening his arms around her waist, he said “I’m all ready to embrace all that you’re lacking, I’ll pull the gap of your shortfall.”

 

“Jimin…” she cupped his face, “I’m too selfish…”

 

He grabbed hold on her wrist and put on the wedding ring on her slender finger “if you ever remove this again, I would not forgive you.” Closing in their small distance, he pressed his lips on hers. “I love you too much, Kang Seulgi,” he murmured.

 

Pressing her forehead against his, she smiled “ditto…”

 

-

 

Closing the door while removing her sneakers, Joohyun noticed their penthouse was filled with seafood aroma. She remembered Taehyung promised to welcome her with delicious food. Walking into the dining area, she saw Taehyung was busy preparing for dinner.

 

Joohyun was surprised with the dishes placed on the table, “you cooked all these?”

 

Taehyung smiled watching the surprise look on her face, “wae…you think I can’t?”

 

“Serious?” she walked over to him at the kitchen counter, “how did you cook so many dishes?”

 

Wrapping his arm around her neck, he pulled her closer to him and whispered in her ear “do you really think I cooked all these?”

 

She nodded her head innocently before looking up to him, “no?”

 

A smile crept on his face, “silly, I packed it earlier. I thought it would be better to reheat it since you are late.”

 

She pouted, “I was with Seulgi and your best friend in her studio.”

 

Taehyung walked to the dining table with 2 bowls of rice before turning to Joohyun with a questioning look “Jimin?”

 

“Yeah,” Joohyun took a seat before checking out on the delicious food on the table, “Seulgi refused to marry him, because of us…”

 

“For real?” Taehyung raised his brow, surprised. He passed a pair of chopsticks to Joohyun, “because Jimin didn’t stop you from being with me?”

 

She took a spoonful of soup before nodding her head.

 

“She’s definitely the most obdurate women I’ve ever seen,” he shook his head and took his chopsticks, “I wonder how can Jimin tolerate with her.”

 

“Simple, love…”

 

He grabbed hold of her hand and interlocked with her fingers, “we could be like them too, right?”

 

She stared into his hopeful eyes, he was patiently waiting for her respond. Bringing up his hand to her lips, she tenderly pecked on the back of his hand, “we will…”

 

Both Taehyung and Joohyun cleaned the dishes together after eating, they took turn to made fun of one another. She would turn off the water tap while he splashed her with water when she was rinsing the plates. By the time they are done washing all the dishes, they were all wet with the small games they were indulged in.

 

“Look at you,” Taehyung giggled before taking a small towel to wipe her soaked hair. “Don’t move…”

 

Joohyun shoved his hand away and whined “that’s use for wiping the dining table!”

 

“It’s okay, you’re washing your hair later but you can’t let it be this wet for now,” he smiled naughtily and kept wiping it on her hair. He was obviously way stronger than her that he could control her with only one hand. She barely gets to move with him holding on her neck.

 

“Your face is wet too, should I wipe it with this?” she tried putting on futile fight which earn her more laughter from the man before her. “Stop it, you’re bullying me again, just like in the past.”

 

Turning her around with her back pressed against him, he encircled his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. “We shared a lot of good moments in the past, didn’t we? I love this feeling.”

 

Holding on his arm firmly, she tilted her head to see the same old childlike Taehyung “are we going to stay like this all night long?”

 

“Hmm…” he hummed, “can we?”

 

“I’m tired, let’s go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter