The heartbreaking past

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Because it’s you…”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Running away from the person she despised without paying much attention to her surrounding, she bumped into the person she wasn’t ready to face at that very minute.

 

“What’s wrong, where are you heading to?” Taehyung held on to her trembling hands, concernedly. “Who’s that guy?” he glared at the man who was nearing them.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to go…” Joohyun avoided his eyes, she was checking if the man who had been chasing after her is near him or not.

 

“That’s not very professional you have a performance, what’s wrong, look at me,” Taehyung shook her.

 

Looking up to the man before him, the glistening tears that were threatening to fall had blurred her vision, “Please, let me go…”

 

“Taehyung-ah, let her go,” Jimin tried to stop the singer from going further.

 

The moment Taehyung’s grip loosened, Joohyun ran away from the mess. Taehyung’s fury eyes never leave the taller man beside Jimin as he somehow knew who he was.

 

“Oh Sehun,” Jin caught up with them and stared sternly at the well-known idol, “why are you even here?”

 

“So, this guy,” Taehyung stepped forward, his fury eyes were eyeing hardly on the man before him. “I presumed he is her first love.”

 

Jimin held on his impetuous best friend’s arm, “behave…don’t make a scene here. Today is not a good day for you to screw things up.”

 

Holding on Sehun’s shoulder, Jin’s brows were furrowed “what do you want from Hyun? You know very well how much you would affect her, why would you still be here?”

 

“Hyung, I just want to end things with her,” Sehun turned to Jin apologetically, “she won’t move on if there is no closure to our relationship.”

 

“You replace your member intentionally?” Jimin frowned, fists tightened.

 

“What else is left to close, you left her for your career and that’s the end,” Jin grabbed hold on his collar, ready to kill the man before him. “Just get out of her life, bastard!”

 

“STOP!!!” Seulgi shouted from behind and ran up to Jin pulling him back.

 

“Jin oppa, this is not the time to create havoc here,” Seulgi was breathing heavily, frightened by Jin’s sudden brutal move. “Let go…”

 

“Did you arrange this?” Jimin eyed hardly on Seulgi who was holding firmly on Jin. She knew very well how protective her fiancé was towards Joohyun.

 

Seulgi bit her lips braving herself to face the raging man, “

Jimin-ah, you know Joohyun need a closure to this. She’s still hurting inside, she’s just avoiding everything and pretended to be okay. Have you ever seen a genuine smile on her face?”

 

Pulling Seulgi close to him, Jimin said in gritted teeth “you don’t even know the real cause to it, you’re just pushing her off the cliff. Look what you’ve done here, look at the mess.”

 

“Don’t blame her, Jimin. I agreed to it,” Sehun tried to defend Seulgi.

 

“You have no right to say a word,” Jin hissed. “Don’t go near Hyun anymore, I’m warning you.” Jin reprimanded.

 

Taehyung was observing and listening to the conversation between the old friends. Though he wasn’t sure what exactly happened, but at that very moment all he cared was the woman who left hastily a while ago. Taking his leave without a word, Jimin followed his footsteps immediately.

 

“Taehyung, where are you going?”

 

“I need to find her, you saw her face. She’s not in her right mind now.”

 

“You can’t leave, the dinner had just started,” Jimin reminded him, “Uncle have not even made the announcement, you have to be here.”

 

“Tell me the truth, what did Oh Sehun do to Joohyun?” Taehyung demanded.

 

“I don’t exactly know what happened between them, all I know is that they had been in love since middle school and he left all of a sudden, Joohyun was broken. Only that…you can’t go missing today, listen to me.”

 

“But I can’t let her be alone,” Taehyung’s brows furrowed.

 

“Trust me, I’ll make sure she be home safely,” Jimin muttered upon seeing the familiar big shots of YJ Group. Both Taehyung and Jimin bowed before continued “I’m sorry for what had happened but I’ll make sure to bring Joohyun home safely.”

 

Halfway through the anniversary dinner, Kim Young Jae still have not made the announcement yet hence Taehyung has no other option but to stayed back obediently. When Jimin returned about 30 minutes later, he had informed Taehyung that Joohyun is back at their penthouse and he need not to worry more. Jennie noticed the distressed look in Taehyung and with Joohyun’s sudden disappearance, she perceived something must have happened. Towards the end of the dinner, Kim Young Jae finally made the official announcement on his departure from YJ Group with Taehyung to take over his position and he would be monitored for 6 months. The news shook most of the business partners who are in Taehyung’s bad book, especially his uncle, Kim Yong Chul.

 

Taehyung attempted to leave in silence but he was caught by his father before he could make his way towards the exit. “Taehyung-ah, where are you going, the President of Architecture Society would like to meet you.”

 

Turning around after a silent curse inside, he forced out a smile. His brow raised upon seeing Jennie stood by his father’s side, “You’re still around.”

 

“It’s our anniversary dinner and we ought to stay back to send the guests off,” Jennie said.

 

“Thank goodness you’re here today to help us entertain the business partners,” Min Hae Sook joined them in meeting President Moon.

 

After almost an hour, all the guests have finally done congratulating Taehyung and left the hotel. Before Taehyung could press on the lift’s button, he was stopped by Jennie. Whirling around in irritation, Taehyung tried hard in suppressing his anger.

 

Jennie was surprised by his hardened face, “congratulations…you’ve done very well.”

 

“It’s that all?” Taehyung raised a brow before shoving his hand into the pocket while another free hand pressed on the ‘down’ button behind him. “Done?”

 

“Let’s go home together, I’ve prepared a small celebration for you,” Jennie smiled. She reached out her hand to Taehyung’s only to be pushed away harshly.

 

“I appreciate you play your role as the young Mrs. Kim so well,” Taehyung bit his inner cheek, “I have made it clear to you before and please don’t think anything would change over time. I don’t think I need to make myself any clearer. You’re smart enough to understand this.” He stepped into the lift without sparing an eye contact with her.

 

Standing at the far end corner, the man who had been accompanying and training Jennie couldn’t harden his heart to the damaged lady. He was on his way leaving after giving Kim Dae Suk a brief update on Jennie’s progress and just when he was about to head towards the lift lobby, he eavesdropped the conversation of the newlywed that was smitten with cruel fate.

 

“Get up…”

 

Jennie was squatting down on the floor in tears, she looked up to the familiar voice. “Yoongi-ssi…” tear fell from her round eyes.

 

Yoongi grabbed hold on her hand and pulled her up “people can see, there are still plenty of reporters around. You won’t want to snatch tomorrow’s headline from your husband.”

 

She forced out a chuckle understanding what he meant, “the abandoned wife, this would be a better headline to feature, isn’t it?”

 

“Tch!” Yoongi frowned, “have you called your chauffeur?”

 

“Could you send me home? I don’t want anyone else to be see me in this state.”

 

-

 

“Jimin-ah...” Seulgi struggled to keep up with the fury man’s speed, “Yah Park Jimin!” she stopped and removed her heels before running towards Jimin who stopped walking all of a sudden, causing her hit on his hard back.

 

“Ouch…” Seulgi whined, the heels in her hand dropped on the floor as she held on her forehead, rubbing it.

 

Jimin knew she was faking it, he knew her too well “don’t try to fool me with that, you didn’t even hit me that hard.” He held on her hand and pulled it away to check on her forehead.

 

“If I’d not known you and Joohyun for decade, I would think you have a thing for her,” she eyed hardly at him while pouting her lips, sourly. “How could you throw such temper on me and it has to be in front of everyone,” she hit on his chest.

 

“What you did earlier was not right,” Jimin flicked his finger on her reddened forehead.

 

“Ahh…Park Jimin…” she pouted harder.

 

“Don’t show me that face,” he pointed at her, “you know you were wrong.”

 

Wrapping her arm around the man’s, she rested her head on his warming arm “why would you all still be so protective over Joohyun when she had avoided you guys?”

 

Pulling his arm away from her, he wrapped it around her waist pulling her closer to him and stared into her eyes “Because we all know the strong façade she’s put on it’s just an act and deep inside, she owns a fragile heart that was shattered.” her fringe, he gently placed it over her ear “Sehun is a big taboo for her, you pressed her button. She’s not even ready to face him yet.”

 

“I just want to end her pain.”

 

“Are you even sure what or who was the cause of the pain she’s feeling now?” he pinched on her long-pouted lip and chuckled when she flinched “the big announcement is finally done, now we can have more time to plan our wedding.”

 

Encircling her arms around his neck, she gazed into his eyes “and I thought you’d forgotten that you’ve proposed to me. I might have to walk down the aisle without a groom at the altar.”

 

“That will never happen,” his strong arms around her waist drew her closer as he rested his forehead on hers, staring intently into her eyes “I love you so damn much…” he locked her lips, savoring every tastes of hers.

 

-

 

“You didn’t even drink but why do you look like a drunken woman?” Yoongi rolled his eyes watching Jennie struggled to aim her key on the key hole correctly. Snatching the set of keys from her, he unlocked the huge door “where are all your housekeepers?” he opened the door of the mansion that filled with cold silence.

 

“I’ve sent them all home, hoping that my husband would come home with me…”

 

Yoongi turned to Jennie when he heard her sobbing voice, “Jennie…”

 

“Pathetic, isn’t it?” her eyes were glistening with tears, “I’m drunk, I really am…I’m drunk in an unrequited love.” The droplets of tears never stop falling out from her eyes. Wiping it off with her palm, she walked away from Yoongi towards the swimming pool area.

 

Taking a seat on the pool longue chair, “I thought by marrying him, I could make him fall for me. I could have a chance to make him love me, but he doesn’t even want to give me a chance.” Jennie lowered her head, “in everyone eyes, I owned a great father who is giving me enormous wealth. Married to one of the greatest bachelors in Korea. I ought to have happiness but look at me, behind that closed door, I’m just a pitiable woman…”

 

Yoongi wasn’t sure why but her continuous sobs ached his heart. Though she was having her head low, but he could still see the endless tears landed on her shaking hands. Pacing up to her, he had a knee on the floor before her.

 

“Stop crying, it’s not going to change anything but damage your eyes,” he said with his usual uncaring tone.

 

She raised her head a little and pouted “can’t you be a little nicer to me, I’m already so pathetic.”

 

“Have you ever asked yourself, why would he accept this marriage?”

 

Biting on her lower lip, she strived to hold back her tears “he has never lie to me, right from the start…he told me the meaning of this marriage…” she continued “but I never thought it would be this pain, it would be so much for me to handle.”

 

“You should go in…”

 

Jennie pulled him back when he wanted to get up, she gazed into his eyes “don’t leave…you can’t leave me too, please…” reaching out her hands to cupped his face, she requested for the most absurd thing he could ever imagined. “kiss me…”

 

-

 

“Why would I need a reason, I just love you and I will never let go of this hand. Don’t even think about running away from me, Bae Joohyun.”

 

Joohyun closed her eyes before bringing her crouched legs closer to her and rested her chin on her knees. Tears never stop flowing out from her eyes as the sweet talks and empty promises made by Sehun kept replaying in her mind. Maybe she was too clouded by her thoughts and the past memories she had with her first love that she didn’t realized the owner of the room was seated next to her, at the edge of the bed. She brought her head up in fright when he patted on her head.

 

“Have you eaten?” Taehyung asked, his eyes were gazing on her concernedly.

 

Wiping away the tear stains on her face with her back hand, she nodded and got up from the bed intending to avoid him but he was fast to grabbed hold on her wrist.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Bathroom…” her voice was low.

 

Taehyung pulled her back and turned her around to face him but Joohyun held her head low to avoid his eye contact, she wasn’t ready to face him. The endless teardrops were suffocating him. Holding on her chin, he gingerly brought her head up, searching for her lost eyes.

 

“Tell me…” he was gazing into her teary eyes, “are you in so much pain because you still love him? You still can’t forget him. That’s why you are crying so badly?” he bit on his lower lip, waiting for her response.

 

Joohyun shook her head as more tears escaped her eyes, “I’m not ready to face him” her lips were trembling, “after so many years, I still can’t face him. I’m still feeling so pain. He reminds me of the past.” She pressed her forehead against Taehyung’s chest while still sobbing, painfully.

 

He patted on her head and gradually brought up his arm around her tiny waist, “you still love him…”

 

She kept shaking her head in protesting his statement. Holding on the side of her waist firmly, he gently pinned her down on the bed, pressing her back on the soft bed. Her eyes opened, looking into Taehyung’s confusedly. His heart clenched the moment he saw the tears flowed out from her eyes. Pressing his lips gently on her eyes, it moved down to her face, chin and her collarbone.

 

“I’ll erase all the pain you’re feeling,” he muttered in between the kisses around her neck. His fingers were intertwining with hers, “let me stop the pain, take away this pain that’d been haunting you all these years.”

 

“Taehyung-ah…”

 

“Treat me as his replacement,” he kissed on her eyelid when another tear fell again, “call his name if it makes you feel better,” he sealed her lips as soon as the last words escaped his lips, it hurt him badly to utter those words but all he wanted was to take away the pain she’s having.

 

She shook her head pulling away from him, crying even harder “I don’t love him anymore, I stopped loving him…” “ever since you came into my life…” the forbidden words that can’t be expressed out hurt her even more.

 

Closing his eyes, he rested his forehead on hers. He placed his left arm beside her head and another holding on her face, “you don’t have to lie…I promised to take away your pain, take me as him. Do what you need to, say what you want to if it could ease your pain.”

 

Tears were flowing out from her eyes unstoppably, it hurts her even more to hear that from him. Grabbing hold on his face, she looked into his eyes, the pair of brown irises she missed. She could feel his heart beating fast against hers.

 

“I’m not lying…” she murmured before pulling him into a kiss. He was surprised with her action but it didn’t take long for him to reciprocate to her kiss and take control of it, turning it into a voracious kiss.

 

Whether if she’s telling him the truth or not, it doesn’t matter to him at that very moment. All he wanted was to erase the painful nightmare she’s having and for her to momentarily numb the pain he had been suffering with their connected bodies.

 

“Can’t you tell me about you and him?” Taehyung whispered as he gently placed her down on the bed before parting from her and fell freely on the vacant space beside Joohyun. He pulled the petite woman closer to him, watching her regulating her heavy breathing “You promised to tell me about your past with him…”

 

“I did promise you…” she wrapped her arm around his waist, giving him a sign to hug her tighter. “I’ll tell you once I’m ready, I still can’t open this unhealed wound yet.”

 

“I’ll wait…” his arms were holding her protectively, “sleep,” he muttered before pecking on her forehead.

 

The next morning, Joohyun was still sleeping soundly on their large bed when Taehyung came out from the walk-in closet, readied to head out for work. He sat next to her, gently on her silky hair. A smile crept on his face at the vivid memory of last night replayed in his mind, her moans were still loud and clear in his ears.

 

“Taehyung-ie…”

 

“Taehyung-ie…”

 

He knew he’d lost control at that very second, when he heard her sweet moans filled the room. Looking at the exhausted fragile Joohyun, he leaned in and planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

“I overworked you, didn’t’ I,” he swept away the strand of messy hair from her face. “I’m sorry, Joohyun-ie…”

 

-

 

The minute Taehyung stepped into his office, he had attended meeting after meetings without a stop. He thought there would be no lunch for him but thankfully, the meeting that was scheduled during the lunch period was postponed due to the minister’s schedule. Jimin had packed lunch for him and they have it in the meeting room.

 

Rolling the mandarin orange to the calm man, Taehyung was getting impatient with his nonchalant look “Park Jimin, are you really going to stay quiet and not talk about what happened yesterday?”

 

Peeling the skin of the mandarin orange, Jimin raised his brow “What do you want to talk about?”

 

“About that idol and Joohyun,” he took a sip of his coffee.

 

“Wouldn’t you get a better answer if you ask the person yourself?” His face creased upon swallowing the mandarin orange, “Did you speak to her last night?”

 

“I wouldn’t need to ask you if she have told me about it.”

 

“I’ve told you, other than the fact they used to be madly in love with each other, there’s nothing else I know. That year, Sehun suddenly pulled out from school and only rumors were going around there was no confirmed answer,” placing the peeled off skin on the food tray, Jimin looked up to the man before him and said “we stopped talking about him when we realized how much Joohyun was hurting ever since.”

 

“No hiding anything else?”

 

“Tch!” Jimin got up and began cleaning up “the person t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter