The stranger

~ Passion pour blood
Please log in to read the full chapter

A strange smell filled her nostrils and the sun was warming her face. She slowly opened her eyes to see the slim silhouette of a person standing beside her, in front of a table, writing. She took a deep breath to try and distinguish the multiple smells that filled the room: porridge, green tea, rice, seaweed soup and chocolate. Her eyelids grew heavy and the darkness surrounded her once again as she fell back asleep.

 

 

 

Hansol stood up and took a deep breath. 'I need to go back.'

'Back where?', Hoshi asked.

'Back to my so called home. I can't run or hide forever. What good would that do? He will either hunt me down or forget about me, leaving me here to die, and...to be honest, I don't know which one is worse. If I go back now, maybe, maybe he will forgive me and take me back. I think that I made my point, I have proved myself to him a little. He knows, I know, we both know that I can't survive on my own.'

'I can help you with food, though I see that your diet is special, different than mine.'

Hansol smiled bitterly. 'How is that you're not scared? How...do you not hate me for what I did to you?'

'I know about your kind.', he said with a bitter voice. 'This, is not new to me. My parents were just like you, and as for me haiting you, well...I was already dying. You just...took the chance.'

'Like me? But, but you're not...'

He smiled. 'No, I'm not.', he paused. 'I wasn't. My parents were transformed when me and my sister were still kids. They took care of us for a while, they never hurt us or used us as a food source, but as the time passed it was getting difficult for them to control their thirst, so they abandoned us here and fled. A few years ago we found them, or they found us, but before we could sit down and catch up, someone killed them, someone ripped them to pieces and left them for us to find.', he almost laughed and wiped some tears away. 'My sister swore to me, to them and to herself that she will catch those who killed our parents and make them pay, but how could she? She's a mere human and they are vampires.', he shook his head and looked at Hansol. 'Well then, I suppose that here we part our ways. Goodbye Take care.', Hoshi smiled bitterly and turned around.

'Wait!', Hansol shouted. ' You...You should come with me.', he lowered his head. 'If you want.'

'Really?'

'I know that you must have my kind, but maybe I could help you.'

'I don't hate your kind. I miss my sister. I want her safe and sound back home, and the people who killed my parents, I want them dead. Can you promise that we will find them?'

Hansol looked Hoshi in the eyes and was a little terrified by the hatred that was staring back at him. The tall, blonde, angel-like boy, had dark demons in his eyes. Demons that were feeding on his thirst for revenge, his hatred towards those killers and his concern for his sister.

 

 

He entered the room like a typhoon, throwing his jacket on the couch before smashing the table with his fists.

'Any luck?',Jihoon asked in a calm voice.

'No. No sign of him. Dammit Hansol, damn you and your childish actions.'

'Have some of this. It's fresh.', he said, giving him a glass filled with crimson, warm liquid.

'Chen was here? He didn't wait for me?'

'He stopped by on his way home. He had a 14hours surgery and was in much need of some sleep, so he dropped this and left. He promised that the will come back on Saturday, if he's not at the hospital.'

'Did you tell him anything?'

Jihoon smiled. 'How could I? I don't know what's happening. You never tell me. He knows that something is not right though. He kept talking about the yesterday's storm.'

JongSuk walked towards Jihoon and lifted his chin. 'I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for keeping things away from you, for lying to you, but please, please trust me that I'm doing this to protect you.'

'Hyung, you're not protecting me by shielding me from the truth. I need to know, or I'll go crazy in here. Isn't this enough punishment for me? I am and I will always be grateful to you, but I think that I deserve to know the truth..the whole truth, not just bits of it.'

JongSuk sighted and nodded. 'Fine! I will tell you the truth.'

 

 

A warm hand caressed her cheek while another gently

Please log in to read the full chapter