The awakening

~ Passion pour blood
Please log in to read the full chapter

'Dammit!', he whispered and dropped the knife. His eyes skimmed the room again trying to find anything that would indicate that he has been followed, but the room was empty and surrounded by silence. He was breathing heavily, his hands were trembling and drops of sweat were forming on his forehead, but he knew that he had to carry on; it was too late to back down now. He swore to him, no, he threaten him that he would do it, but he just laughed and called him a cranky child – he wasn't a child — he stopped being a child the moment he met him. He couldn't forget the look in his eyes, the way he laughed and mocked him. He wanted revenge, he wanted to prove to himself and to him that he was capable of doing anything.

'Calm down Hansol. You can do this...'. He picked the knife and ran it across his palm until the red-velvety blood surfaced, then he placed his hand on the statue in front of him and closed his eyes. Moments later he felt how the temperature inside that room grew colder. He opened his eyes only to see that the statue began to crack. The cracks looked like black veins, and they were slowly forming a pattern, something like a map. He could almost feel the statue feeding on his blood, draining his stamina and the life out of him. His body began to shiver and he struggled to lift his hand from the statue.

'Was this suppose to happen? !', he mumbled and stepped back. 'He's definitely gonna kill me now.'

 

 

 

 

He tapped his fingers on the glass desk and frowned. It was almost midday and there was no sign of him. On a Saturday, he could expect this kind of behaviour from him, even worse than this sometimes, but it was a Wednesday and he was nowhere to be seen. He was convinced, or almost convinced, that he will return home, and that he would have some lame excuse about why he stayed out so late, but something inside him began to doubt a little. The way they parted, the fight that happened between them the day before. When he closed his eyes he could see Hansol's face filled with rage and disgust, his eyes were like two black holes and his mouth poured fire. He blamed himself, of course, for everything that happened, for what he did to him, the way he treated him, but he never thought that he would react like that. Now he regretted telling him about her, he blamed his moments of weakness for the boy, the moments when he would look at him and he would see not a monster, but an innocent human being.

The rain was still pouring outside, while the wind unravelled his true power, blowing until the trees kissed the ground, until the birds retreat to look for shelter and the streets were empty.

'The weather today sure it's strange. They said that it would be sunny, but they were more than wrong.'

'Yeah. They were wrong.', he sighted and closed his eyes.

'You know, maybe he went for a long walk. The forest looks pretty this time of the year.'

The man sitting lifted his head and laughed. 'Hansol walking in a forest? Are we talking about the same brat?'.

'I'm just trying to...Sorry.'

'Don't need to apologize for his stupidity. I think I know why he's not coming home. He's avoiding me.'

'Avoiding you? But why? Does this have something to do with...your kind?', he asked lowering his head.

Please log in to read the full chapter