black?

full moon // loona’s jinsoul

"Jinsoul, how are you?" Yves asked me as soon as I entered class.

 

"It's tonight." I answered her sadly as I plopped myself on my chair in-front of hers.

 

"You better search for the one soon. I can't afford to lose you like I did with...." Yves said before stopping herself midway. I just nodded my head, I didn't want her to relive those moments. 

 

She could have saved Chuu if she knew earlier. I felt bad too, I shouldn't have known, the apples she carries around and the way her eyes turned from brown to a peachy colour. She was such a nice girl.

 

However, Chuu sacrificed herself to save Yves from going under. 

 

Thinking about this, I'm wondering if I'll end up like Yves or Chuu. 

 

"Hmm, die knowing I found the one or....." I said before shrugging the thought of as I payed attention to the lecturer in-front of the class. I don't want to think about that right now. 

 

 

I'll just worry about it, tonight.

 

 

"This is boring. Hey Yves,..." I looked to the back to see Yves sleeping on her desk.

 

"Typical." I giggled as I brush her hair from her face and continue to pay attention. Miss Lee was teaching trigonometry on the board. 

 

"Easy." I said while averting my attention somewhere else. Looking at the windows, I see people walking. I see kids playing at a playground and moms and dads watching their kids play. 

 

Looking somewhere else, I see something on a tree branch. It looked like a bird. I looked at it closely and realised, it wasn't just any bird, it was an owl.

 

"Don't owls come out at night?" I thought as I continued to stare at it. It felt like as if the owl was staring back at me. I laughed at my stupid thought.

 

All of a sudden, my right eye started to hurt. 

"Okay, what the ." I cursed under my breath as tears start forming under my eyes. I rubbed my eyes to get rid of the pain. I looked outside and realised the owl disappeared but my pain didn't.

 

"Miss, may I go to the toilet? I need to wash my face." She nodded and I instantly ran out of class. 

As soon as I reached the toilet, I immediately splash water on my face and eyes. 

 

"What the ?" My right eye turned bloodshot before completely changing to black. I splash more water on my face hoping that it was just my imagination. 

 

My hands and legs started to tremble. I tried holding onto the sink but my body couldn't cope. My knees felt weaker by the second. Am I dying? I laughed bitterly as I thought of something foolish.

 

What the is happening to me?

 

"Jinsoul! What happened?!" A familiar voiced called up to me. I covered my face with my hands. I didn't want her to see me like this.

 

"Jinsoul, show me your face, what happened. I was sleeping and I heard you running of." Yves continued as she gently removed my hands from my face. 

 

"Something's wrong." I said with my eyes close.

 

"Open your eyes, Jinsoul." 

 

"I don't want to." I shook my head repeatedly.

 

"Open them, please." I slowly opened them to see a very blurry Yves. I could tell it was her just because of her straight long hair and sharp chin.

 

"Oh,no." She said.

 

"It's black right?! Why is my right eye black, Yves?!" I asked her terrified as I cried harder due to the pain.

 

"No, it's blue." 

 

She replied before I collapsed on the cold tiled floor.