Chapter 4

By Luck

Jungkook’s p.o.v

 

Jin bites his lips not looking at me once since he got in the car. “Jin-ah,” I grab his arm making him flinch. “Why are you so weird today?” He pulls away.

 

“I’m not weird,” he looks at me. I park the car and got out. We arrived at the destination. Noticing he was still in the car, I go on his side and open the door. He was still sitting there like stone.

 

Sighing I reach down and grab him, pulling him out. “Jungkook!” Jin exclaims looking around for any people. 

 

“Don’t worry, there’s more people that way,” I and pointed in a direction. We’ve been meeting up with each other for some time now. For the last six days to be exact. There would be time when he’s calm and would be himself. There would be also times when he’s not calm and wouldn’t be his self but he softens as the day go on.

 

It’s as if he doesn’t want me to see him enjoying his time with me. He has his hands rested on my chest and his head angle to see the place. The hills and ground were layered with green grass. 

 

There was also a pond a few feet away from us. “I knew you would like this place,” I say pulling him closer.

 

“You were right,” Jin says locking eyes with me. I’m about to place a kiss on his forehead when he moves away. “Why did you me bring here?” He asks softly. Remembering why, I go to the back of the car and pull out a basket and a blanket. “Picnic?”

 

“Yeah,” I close the trunk and carry the stuff over. “We’ll sit by the pond.” 

 

He follows me as we walk to the pond. “Wait, I’ll help you.” He grabs the basket out of my hand and fixes my crooked watch that was getting out of place. Quietly he mumbles words, “You do too much things for me.”

 

He glance at me who was looking down at him. Slowly he reaches up to my hair and brush some out of my eyes. I hold his look in my mind as we continued walking.

 

 

Third person’s p.o.v

 

Jin sat awkwardly near the pond. Jungkook told him he will just set the picnic up himself. Jin wanted to help out but in the end Jungkook didn’t let him. Seokjin smiled at the thought of the lad.

 

He was cute he got to admit. Jin was falling for him or had been falling for him. The pond was pretty clear. There wasn’t any animals there at the moment but there were a few bugs. It was the perfect day for a picnic.

 

“Seokjin!” Jin turns around to Jungkook who had finished setting up the food. He waves his hand for Jin to come over.

 

Jin tries the kimbap near him while watching Jungkook eat. That was another thing added to his list for ‘Things that Jungkook does Best’. That list was long. Jin finishes his food early and just watches Jungkook eat. Cleaning up the scraps and handing Jungkook the food sometime.

 

When Jungkook finished, Jin handed him a water bottle. As he drunk Jin took out a napkin and wiped some stains near his mouth away. 

 

Jungkook put down the bottle and continue watching as Jin wiped a bit more. As soon as Jin moved his hand away Jungkook dives in for a kiss. Though Jungkook would give pecks to Jin there and there.

 

It was still different when it was a kiss. Jin kissed back closing his eyes. Jin could feel Jungkook smile. He didn’t usually kiss back. Jungkook pouted and made a weird noise as Seokjin pulled away. 

 

Seokjin leans on his shoulder. Jungkook’s eyes gleam. Jin was showing more affection. He finds Jin’s hand and interlock his with Jin’s. They stay like that for some time.

 

“Seokjin,” Jungkook says. Jin turns his head to look at him. “Can you spend the next three days with me and go on a small trip.”

 

Jin sits up. He was going to say no but the look Jungkook had. “Sure, I’ll have to tell my parents though.” He stands up and walks to the pond. Jungkook follow after him. Jin looks in the pond. But what were they? He knew he wasn’t a friend to Jungkook. Much more than that.

 

But then what. Were they lovers? It was complicated. Still Seokjin still kept thinking about Seojin.

 

Jungkook break his thoughts while back hugging him. “Jungkook,” Jin started. Jungkook hums in reply loving how he was holding Seokjin and how he said his name. “Who am I to you?”

 

Jungkook laughs, “You’re Seokjin.” 

 

Jin tugs a bit at Jungkook’s collar. “You know what I mean.”

 

“You’re someone I really care about and if they leave, I don’t know what to do anymore,” Jungkook answers putting his head in the crook of Seokjin’s neck. Seokjin nodded.

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin and Jungkook walks along the porch hand in hand. The sun had set and the moon and stars were showing up. Jungkook pulls Jin towards him abruptly almost making him trip.

 

“What?” Jin whispers. Jungkook turned his head and pointed to his cheek. Knowing what he wanted, Jin places a quick peck on the cheek smiling as he did so. “I love you Jungkook.” He leans against Jungkook embracing him.

 

“He doesn’t love you.” Seokjin and Jungkook jumps from the voice. He looked just like Seokjin just with lighter hair and his facial expression was set in a different mode. “He loves me.” The said man walks to them and wrap an arm around Jungkook’s arm.

 

Jungkook pushes Seokjin away. “You lied to me! You’re not the one I love!” Jungkook faces the other man. “Seojin,” he says then kisses him passionately. Seojin kisses back with a smirk on his face.

 

“Jungkook,” Seokjin calls out desperately. “Please come back to me. I’m sorry...

 

Jin gasp and sits up in his bed. ‘It was just all a dream. Just a dream.’ He looks around. The sun was just starting to get out. Near the door was his suitcase, all ready to go.

 

Jungkook would be picking him up after breakfast. “Seojin,” Jin whispers against his lips. He dresses up and double check he has everything he needs for this three day thing. 

 

He eats breakfast quietly watching the clock that was ticking very very slow. But before he knew it, breakfast was over and he was saying bye to his family. Taehyung offered to help Jin carry his stuff to Jungkook’s car. But Jin declines knowing Taehyung just want to see Jungkook.

 

Seokjin got into the car. Jungkook was wearing a somewhat big white t shirt and some ripped jeans. “Hi,” he cheekily greets.

 

“Hi,” he smiles a bit. “Where is this house of yours?” Apparently Jungkook was taking Seokjin to this vacation house somewhere out of Seoul.

 

“Busan.” Jin hears a noise and look down. It was Jungkook’s phone. Probably a text message. Followed by it was the ring of the phone. Jungkook just kept his eyes on the road as if he couldn’t hear a thing.

 

“Do you want me to answer it for you?” Jin asked a bit worry. Jungkook didn’t look mad but he didn’t look happy too. 

 

“Just leave it be.” He continues keeping his eyes on the road. Another ring came. Jin looks at the caller ID. ‘Mom’ it read.

 

“Are you in a fight with your mom?” Jin asks. 

 

“I don’t know. Maybe. She wants me to-“ he stops. Jin gave him a look to go on. “She wants me to marry this person. Jung Hoseok. We’re good friends. Thing is, he doesn’t want to marry me. I don’t want to marry him too.” Jungkook took his eyes off the road and looked at Seokjin.

 

Jin blushes a little. The name Jung Hoseok sounds familiar. Jin definitely heard it somewhere. To reassure Jungkook, Jin places his hand on Jungkook’s arm. “It’s okay. Maybe your mom will think it through again and not make you marry him.”

 

“Maybe,” Jungkook said his tone getting back to normal. 

 

~~~~

 

As they drove Jungkook pointed out places he recognized and even the house he used to live in. The house they were going to was his friend Jimin’s house. 

 

“Jimin would come here sometimes with me when we both travel,” Jungkook told Jin.

 

Not long after the house come into sight. It was white and had some light brown colors. The two grab their stuff and carry them inside. There were three bedrooms. One was Jimin’s, another was Jungkook’s. The other one was clean since no one slept in it often.

 

Only some times would some more friends come over. Jin was going to sleep in the empty room while Jungkook slept in his own. They both did their own unpacking. Once done they sat in the living room. 

 

“This house is nice,” Jin stated.

 

“I know right. Jimin got a good deal.”

 

“How does Jimin look like?” Jungkook’s ears perk up. “You keep talking about him since he’s your friend but what does he look like?”

 

“Why do you want to know?” Jungkook asks.

 

“I just do.” Jin answers not sure what Jungkook was thinking. Jungkook stands up and pulls Jin with him. They went into his room. On his nightstand was a picture of him and his friends. Another picture was of him and his family.

 

Jin observes the chubby cheeks. He looked familiar. “Isn’t he the guy who held you back after Taehyung punched you.” Jin looks at Jungkook’s reaction. Jungkook gets somewhat embarrassed.

 

“Y-yeah. What about it?” He says rubbing his arm. They were interrupted by a knock. “I’ll go get that.” Jungkook leaves as Jin still look at the boy.

 

Jin stands up from the bed but his eyes catch onto something. He can hear Jungkook and someone else’s muffled conversation. He kneels on the ground and pulls the book out from the shelf. 

 

“A photo book,” Jin turns the book around then decides to open it.

 

It was a photo album. They were in some place other than Seoul. It must be Jeju. Seokjin assumes this as he flips through the pages. Jungkook looked the same just that his hair was shorter and messier.

 

He smiled as he saw how much fun Jungkook was having. He was more than half way through the book when he stopped. His smile slowly disappearing. He blinked again and rubbed his eyes.

 

“Jungkook wasn’t lying,” Jin whispers. On that page, one of the picture was Jungkook and someone. That someone looked like Seokjin. 

 

Jungkook had an arm around the lad bringing them close. Both were smiling. “Jin?”

 

Seokjin quickly closes the book and push it back into the shelf. He goes out the room fast and closes the door. “Yes, Jungkook,” He barely croaks out. Jin calms himself and tries to act normal as he made his way to Jungkook. 

 

After some time of setting up things and playing around, night had fully came. 

 

“You sure you can sleep alone. You won’t need me?” Jungkook ask Jin as he stood by the door. 

 

“Why would I need you? I’m fine,” Jin says trying to close the door. Jungkook stops him and gets closer to him. Jin was ready for him to retort something back.

 

Whispering into Jin’s ear he says, “Goodnight, Seokjin.” With that he leaves, leaving Jin’s eyes trailing after him. Shortly after he closes the door; throws on some comfortable clothes. 

 

He gets into bed quietly and tries to go to sleep. But he couldn’t. Especially what he saw. Seojin. He shakes his head snuggling closer to the pillow. He doesn’t need to feel guilty or anything like that.

 

Without realizing he slowly drifts off into dreamland.  .  .

 

****

Seokjin stood up and looked at himself in the mirror. He was dressed up more than he usually would. “Seokjin, are you ready. The wedding has started.”

 

Jin smiles to his brother, Taehyung. Soon before he knew it, he was walking down the stairs. He heard people talking and gasping but there was no one there. Just him walking down the red carpeted stairs. 

 

Once he got down he flashed a smile. There were white chairs neatly lined up yet like so, there was no one to be seen. He feels something touch his arm. He turns his head gracefully. 

 

There, in front of him was the groom, Jungkook. Jungkook also dressed up had his hands in his pockets and was examining Seokjin. They slowly come together. Jungkook’s arms around Seokjin and Seokjin’s arms around Jungkook.

 

Jungkook comes near Jin and places a soft kiss on his forehead. “Jungkook-ah.” Jungkook’s eyebrows furrows at the unknown voice. Seokjin didn’t know it too but it did sound a tween bit like him.

 

The two still holding each other pivots to the voice. 

 

Standing there was Seojin. He didn’t reflect Seokjin though. Instead it felt like he purposely wanted to be known as Seojin, not Seokjin. He was wearing nice clothes too. As nice as the couple.

 

Yet the style was so different. His hair styled differently too. His face was in much more richness and liveliness. Not so, people would call it pale like Seokjin’s. The two you could say were beautiful and handsome in their own ways.

 

“Seojin,” Jungkook breathes out. The world spun and when it stopped, Jungkook and Seojin were now together. 

 

Jungkook kisses Seojin’s neck tenderly as if Seokjin wasn’t even there. “Jungkook don’t leave me. Jungkook.  .  .” But Jungkook didn’t hear. 

****

 

“Jin, wake up,” Jungkook shakes Seokjin lightly. He was sitting on the bed by Seokjin. While passing by to get a drink he heard Seokjin. “Seokjin,” Jungkook tries again.

 

Jin was not saying or mumbling anymore. His lips moved one last time then stopped. His eyes closed, a tear or so escapes. Jungkook carefully wipes them feeling 

Jin’s soft cheeks. 

 

He lowers his face and kisses both of his cheeks. He had an arm under Seokjin’s neck, the other free. He moves his arm that was under Jin to wriggle it free. Seokjin squirms for a bit then snuggles into Jungkook. 

 

Jungkook cheeks redden, a sight he doesn’t want anyone to see not even Seokjin. He only wanted people to see him manly not cute. His cheeks were still red as he tries to get up. 

 

Before he can even get up Jin pulls on his arm. Making the decision he decides to stay.

 

Next morning Jin woke up happy and rested. It didn’t take long for Jin to be assure that Jungkook slept with him with nothing else on his mind other than Jin wouldn’t let him go. 

 

When Jungkook mentioned the sleep talk. He knew Jungkook was telling the truth. 

 

Jungkook tried giving Jin kisses or maybe pecks but Jin would find a way to leave or dodge them. Jungkook felt that it was just because he was shy. Jin thought otherwise.

 

Through out the day the two spends time together just in the house and places around it. Seokjin felt his love for Jungkook tightened more. But the thought at the back of his head made him not feel so good. ‘Jungkook loves Seojin.’

 

Jungkook was in the backyard waiting for Seokjin. They were planting some plants. Seokjin went inside to use the bathroom. Jungkook pats the dug up ground one last time before getting up.

 

He brings the bucket of leftover water with him. Though it was the leftover, there was a good amount left. The water was a bit dirty as it had been used for multiple stuff. Jungkook carries the bucket with two hands having it in front of his chest. 

 

Thinking he has a good hold he turns around. Like in movies, Seokjin is there and he bumps into Seokjin. At the angle the bucket was in it spilled towards Jungkook, only a small bit wetting Jin.

 

“Jin!” Jungkook shouts dropping the bucket as he did so. He spits as some water got into his mouth. 

 

Jin, stricken moved closer to Jungkook. “Sorry Jungkook,” he brings his hand up to move the Jungkook’s bangs that got wet. Pushing them aside as Jungkook looks into his eyes. Jin wipes his right cheek feeling the coldness. “Let’s get you inside.”

 

Seokjin takes Jungkook’s hand and lead him inside. They soon made it to Jungkook’s room. 

 

Jin goes get a towel while Jungkook takes off his shirt. Jin enters the bathroom and his breath stops as he sees Jungkook. He brushes the feeling away.

 

“I’ll do it myself,” Jungkook grabs the towel.

 

Jin grabs it back. “I should do it. I made you wet.” Jungkook doesn’t protest as Jin wipes him. He stiffly wipes Jungkook’s chest not looking though he can see his abs from the corner of his eye. 

 

Jin glides the towel up his chest nearing his neck. Jin looks up at him when he holds Jin’s hand in place. It was quiet as the two made eye contact. You could only hear their soft breathing.

 

Without warning Jungkook kisses Seokjin away. Like something just fixed the wires of a machine. He deepens the kiss. Being somewhat harsher and powerful. 

 

Jungkook moves back as Jin had not kiss him back. “We shouldn’t do this,” Jin says in a worried tone.

 

“Why?” Jungkook asks his hands trailing up Jin’s arms.

 

“Be-because I’m not the one you love. I’m not Seojin. I’m not Seojin,” Seokjin cries out.

 

“Seokjin,” Jungkook grabs Seokjin’s face and force it to look at him. “I don’t care who you are. I don’t care if you’re Seojin or not. I just know that I love you,” he says passionately and take Jin’s hand into his.

 

Before any more words, Jungkook dives into the lips of the one he loves. This time Jin kissed back. The two kiss each other for a minute before Jungkook lifts Jin up bridal style and carries him to his room.