Chapter 2

By Luck

Jungkook stirred his coffee as he waited. He came to see Yoongi. He needed someone to talk to. Someone who would listen and give good responses. Yoongi was the best guy for that. 

 

He kind of just know when to be serious and when he can loosen up. Jungkook stand up when Yoongi enters the room. “Good morning Yoongi,” Jungkook greeted.

 

“Nice to see you, Jungkook,” Yoongi greeted back. He excuses the two servants and sits down across from Jungkook. They were on his porch which had a small table for four. 

 

Yoongi seems to enjoy the silence and outside for a while before he started speaking. “So why are you here? Is it that Jungkook fell head over heels for someone,” he asks as a smile appears on his face.

 

He wasn’t all wrong about his prediction. “Well maybe you’re right. I’m not sure. I’m just really confuse. So I came to you since Mom didn’t understand me,” he finishes as a his brows furrows in confusion his lips going down a bit. 

 

Yoongi takes a sip of his coffee as Jungkook continues. 

 

When Jungkook was done explaining Yoongi’s cup was almost done while Jungkook’s was still as full as it was since the beginning. 

 

“Jungkook-ah, it may or may not be him. But if it is him, would you still want to be with him after what happened? And if it’s not, would you just walk away or linger but with the mind that it’s Seojin, the one you loved. I am not going to tell you which way I think you should go. You decide but whatever it is. Don’t ruin too much and regret it all.”

 

Jungkook took in all of Yoongi’s words. “Thanks Yoongi. I’ll see what is best to do. Bye.”

 

Jungkook stood up and bowed. “Don’t think too much kid,” Yoongi yelled as Jungkook made his way to his car. 

 

———————————————————————————————————————

 

Jin stood waiting for his ordered candies. School was over just not long ago. He thanked the woman and took the boxed treats with him. There had been one man on his head lately.

 

I bet you know who it is. Seokjin felt bad for him. Maybe he shouldn’t have been so rude and annoyed. 

 

He was thinking to apologize but he doesn’t even know where he lives and what he does. Same with his name. Jin came out of the small shop. He then saw a black-haired man who’s figure was familiar.

 

Jin hurried after him. He turns the corner where there weren’t much people. Jin nearly bumped into him. “Sorry,” he says as he takes a look at the man. Today he was wearing soft light blue long sleeve. ‘He looks nice in blue’ was the first thought that came to Jin’s mind. 

 

“Ah, Seojin. Wait, you go by Seokjin now.” his voice was a bit sharp his eyes hard and narrowing.

 

Jin was confused by the character change but continued anyway, “I’m sorry if I was a bit too mean to you-“

 

Jungkook grabs Seokjin’s arm and yanks him close. “You’re sorry and that you do actually know me! Now you want to get as much as you can out of my pockets!” He pushes Jin away harshly.

 

Jin rubs his wrist. ‘What the hell is with him? He was so sad and desperate before but now.’ 

 

Jin rolls his eyes before talking again. “I told you I am not that person you’re talking about. I was actually feeling sad for you so I’d thought to apologize and comfort you but I guess you’re all fine!” 

 

Seokjin was ready to leave but Jungkook traps him by putting both of his hands on either side of him.

 

Jungkook leans in, “If you’re not him, you won’t react to what I do including the kissing.” He brings his lips closer to Jin’s but stops right when there was only a centimeter amount between them. “Actually, if you’re not him you’ll kiss me.”

 

———————————————————————————————————————

 

Taehyung fiddles with his book that he was suppose to be reading. The cover was mint blue and had a picture of a bus stop. The book was about seven guys and their musical journey.

 

Taehyung liked it but he was never really was a reader in the first place. He sat in the dining room at the table bored. He knew he should read or he’ll get a lecture from his teacher.

 

Sighing he picked up the book. “Taehyung?” 

 

He puts the book down. “Yeah, Seokjin.”

 

Seokjin sits down next to him. “Is Dad home?” 

 

Taehyung noticed how he looked a bit worried and was jittery. “No, he left with mom. They’ll be home around.  .  . evening. I’m not sure but they should because they both have plans. Did you have something important to talk about?”

 

Seokjin forgot about the party he was going to go with their dad and Taehyung who was going to with their mom. 

 

“Oh it’s nothing.” Jin stood up and left before Taehyung could even say more. 

 

Jin puts on the suit and fixes his hair. He was starting to wish he didn’t need to go. He wasn’t feeling well. Especially what happened earlier. 

 

A knock was heard along with a voice, “Jin-ssi, your father request you to go down stairs as soon as possible when ready.” Footsteps were heard as the maid walked away.

 

Jin took a moment of silence then made his way down. He didn’t even notice how long he took. 

 

“Let’s go,” his dad said and stood up.

 

“A-already?” Jin asks.

 

His dad chuckles, “Your mom and Taehyung already left. If not for you I’d already left.” his dad joked.

 

Jin puts on a nervous smile. They got in the car and drove off.

 

It was a mansion that they arrived to. “Wow, it’s beautiful,” Jin said as he stepped out of the car. The mansion had lots of big windows. It also had a small balcony. It was decorated with flowers and had white lights strewn across the house to make it stand out in the dark evening.

 

“Yes, I know right. You should meet the young man who helped planned this. It wasn’t even supposed to be this decorated in the first place.” 

 

Seokjin just nodded, excited to see how the inside would look like. He got inside with his father.

 

Seokjin didn’t pay attention much to what his father was saying or doing he just heard a few things. “Yes, this is my eldest son.” “No, Taehyung couldn’t come today.” “He’s still single.” 

 

Seokjin nodded and smile to the people he was introduced to. Sometimes he greeted them. But really his attention was on the place. It had nice bright chandeliers. Everything was so light, clean, and pretty.

 

Seokjin excused himself from his father and left the current room they were in. He wanted to go somewhere where there weren’t much people and it was much more quiet.

 

Instead he went outside where there was even less people because it was getting late out.

 

Jin sat on a bench and looked up to the sky. You could see gray clouds. ‘A storm must be coming in’ he thought. 

 

He heard distant voices so he looked behind to see who they were. One was a new face but the other. 

 

As if lightning strikes Jungkook sees Jin too. Jin gulps, remembering the earlier situation. 

 

He fiddles around then decides to get up. “Already leaving?” Jungkook mocks him. Jin was irritated, he was also disappointed at himself for thinking Jungkook was a good sad guy in the first place. 

 

So he brought his sass up. “Yes I am. A stench smell has suddenly come up. Do you smell that?” He swatted his hand in the air as if trying to get rid of the said smell.

 

Jungkook sniffs the air then his face froze as if realization hits. “You-imbecile,” Jungkook yells in his face. Jin shows a look of shock on his face from the harsh words. 

 

Jin stand up and looks at Jungkook. In his best noble good voice he stated, “I’m pretty sure things between us has ended. I’ll be taking my leave now if you don’t mind.” 

 

Seokjin only walks a couple of feet when Jungkook says something, “Don’t act noble Seojin, cause I can see right through you.” 

 

Seokjin wants him to stop calling him Seojin already. He hurries off without stopping and looking back.

 

Jungkook watches as he goes and when he finally does his harden stern face breaks free from it’s cage. He groans and his eyes fill with sadness like how they were when he finally met his Seojin again.

 

“Seojin-ah, why are you doing this to me? I can’t help but still love and miss you,” he whispers.

 

He blinks away his tears and put on a fake charming smile that could make the god of death stop his duty. Imagine if it was a real charming smile, then the god of death could turn into the god of life.

 

He fixes his tie, fixes his dark black hair then strolls into the mansion. 

 

He enters and gets a lot of smiles from the people there. He was had little conversations with people as he passed. He got into the hallway which was less crowded. He sees an open door down the hall. 

 

It was strange that someone would be in a room so far from the commotion. The party was to celebrate someone who came back from studying out of the country. Jungkook just met the guy not to long ago but he just couldn’t grasp what his name was again. He was a Kang or maybe a Kim. 

 

Jungkook goes down the hall and slowly opens the door wider. There were a lot more people in there then he thought there were. 

 

“Oh Jungkook, you came in the right time. We were just talking about you.” 

 

Jungkook remembered the man, he was friends with Jungkook’s father before he died. “Nice to see you Mr. Kim.” Jungkook shakes hands with the sir. 

 

“You grew up well. Have you got yourself a spouse yet?” 

 

“No. I’m going to wait longer before my freedom gets taken away.” 

 

Mr. Kim chuckles at his response. “I’m sure you haven’t met my sons yet. Unfortunately I only brought my elder son here.” 

 

Jungkook then noticed the man sitting next to him looking down. “His name is Seokjin.” 

 

Jin looks up to meet Jungkook then looks back down quick, realizing who Jungkook was. ‘Jungkook’s his name’ 

 

“Nice to meet you, Jungkook.” 

 

Jungkook’s heart skipped a beat. He hadn’t heard his name come out of Jin’s mouth yet till now. It sounded almost exactly like how Seojin said it. Almost though, it rolled off a bit differently. A small difference.

 

“You too,” he offers his hand for a shake. Jin takes it and shakes it then let go fast before anything else could happen. Jungkook could sense this. ‘Acting like I’m a poisonous snake’

 

He acts nice and smiles but gives Jin a disgusted look when their eyes meet. Jin looks a bit pained by it and makes Jungkook face softens only for a second before the shield comes back up.

 

The two spends the rest of the evening like this. “Dad, it’s getting late. We should go home,” Seokjin tells his dad. 

 

He nods before saying his goodbyes. As Jin and his father pass Jungkook, Jungkook couldn’t help but pull on Seokjin’s hand.

 

Jin stops and stare at their hands. Jungkook rubs Jin’s knuckle with his thumb. Seokjin takes his other hand and slowly move his hand away. He gives Jungkook a sad look then follow his father back.

 

~~~~

 

Jungkook tosses and turns in his sleep remembering Jin’s face. The situation before the party. He soon fall into dreamland .  .  .

 

-Jungkook’s p.o.v-

 

I open my eyes with a yawn. “Good morning,” Seojin says with a smile on his face. His hands were rested on my bare chest. His face close up to mine.

 

“Seojin,” I croak out.

 

He chuckles then caresses my right cheek. “You were so cute in your sleep.” 

 

Without warning I roll on top of him making him be under me. He stares at me then a sly smile appears. “How was I like not in my sleep?” I leaned close to his neck then gives pecks all over it. He moves his head a bit so I can get more access to it. 

 

“You were awesome,” he says then wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me closer. 

 

He trails his fingers along my back up and down as I continue.  .  .

 

I jolt awake from my dream. It was a memory so not really a dream. I push down my covers and goes to the window. The sky was real dark with nothing in the sky. Outside was wet and damp. Probably from the earlier rain that happened when I was still slumbering.

 

After some time standing there I go back to my nice warm bed. I loved him right or was it something else that I felt for him. It got to be that I loved him and still love him I think. 

 

I try to go to sleep again. 

 

(Flashback)

 

“Actually, if you’re not him you’ll kiss me.” He looks at be in disbelief. I just give him a blank look not moving at all. He bites his lips. 

 

“Keep your words?” he asks.

 

“Keep my word,” I reply now eager to know what he will do.

 

He looks around us then gives me a small light peck. He goes under my arms quick and moves a great distance away as I recover from the peck. His lips were so soft and nice. 

 

Though we kissed already I didn’t care until now. 

 

“That was a peck.”

 

By now he was already long gone. Then it isn’t Seojin. But it wasn’t a real kiss. It was just a peck.

 

You even get me more confuse.

 

 

-Seokjin’s p.o.v-

 

I have been staring at the ceiling for who knows how long now. I don’t know what to do. I can just pretend that I am that person or maybe he finally believed me. 

 

I want to make him happy but how? 

 

Jeon Jungkook. He is nice looking. He’s well taught and educated. He’s a great speaker. His personality is kinda trashy though unless he fix it. It probably is like that because of the unhappiness he is feeling right now. 

 

I stare out the window that had a dark black sky. “Are you looking at the sky too, Jungkook?” 

 

If he comes tomorrow I won’t be so mean to him even if he is mean to me. I will try to understand him. Try to. 

 

What if I help him meet new people who could possibly be his future partner. He’ll think I’m weird. Jin reaches for the lamp and turn it on. He takes out a book and read. He like Taehyung was also not much of a reader but he was bored. He fell asleep with the lamp on and a book opened. Also a brain that the wheels would start churning soon.

 

Author’s Note

More Jinkook in next chapter. I will make them think a bit less. Thank you for reading*