Bonus Chapter: Little Prince

The Royal Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been 5 months since the Prince and I got married. The ceremony was beautiful, and all the food was prepared in advanced and kept warm by chefs in other kingdoms, so everyone could enjoy the wedding, not needing to work.


King Youngwon and the Queen have already had 2 daughters, and the Queen said she doesn't want to try to have any more children. They're so beautiful, and the Queen makes sure they're well behaved and respectful. It brings me joy to see the future generation being taught how to be good people.


Prince Youngjae is so cute with his nieces as well. When he has spare moments, or when the king and queen are busy, he'll take care of the girls. He'll play hide and seek with them, make them crowns out of paper and pretend to serve them, and when they were small, he would throw them up into the air and catch them.


One night when we were in bed, after he was finished playing with the girls, he rolled over and asked when should we start trying for a family. He knows how much I love children, and how happy they make me, even if they are quite a handful. I told him we could try whenever he wanted.


We've been trying for a couple months, to no avail. Youngjae's confident it's because it's still early in our marriage, and I hope he's right. I want more than anything to give him a family. I have faith he'll be an amazing father.


One morning, Youngjae woke up early to go meet with dignitaries in a private room in the castle. He didn't disturb me, he wanted me to get as much sleep as I could. Being a princess was much harder than I thought it would be.


When I woke up I felt sick, I rushed to the bathroom just in time. Maybe it was something I ate the night before? It had been causing my stomach to make strange noises and feelings last night...


I continued on with my day as usual, even having time to meet up with Katelyn and Aly.


The conversation had lulled and Katelyn started with a "So...."


Aly chimed in next "When are you and the Prince going to have babies?" She looked so excited and happy. Babies brought lots of joy to the kingdom when they were born.


"We've been trying..." I said, not wanting to go too into detail.


"Have you been feeling any of the symptoms?" Katelyn asked.


"What are the symptoms?" I asked.


Aly listed some of them off, "Fatigue, headaches, nausea (even without food), cravings for certain food..."


"Well..." I started, "I did feel sick this morning." Katelyn and Aly leaned in, eyes wide.


"And you've been sleeping a lot because you've been tired." Aly added. I questioned how she knew it, and she replied they know everything.


"Oh my god, this is so exciting!!" Katelyn said, bouncing up and down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter